Is the massive spoiler in the Background section, regarding James' fate, really necessary? It doesn't add anything to this article, and ruins the plot for those (like myself) who didn't know. This spoiler really angered me, and I'd like to remove it. 18.104.22.168 06:06, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
The game has been out since late 2008. If you are coming to the site you are in essence, looking to find out what happens next or how to get somewhere etc. In other words, spoilers.--Kingclyde 08:17, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
I've talked to her before seeing three dog and after seeing three dog and she never recognized me? Last Face 23:32, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
It's a glitch in the game. You are supposed to see Three Dog before you go to see Madison, so if you visit Madison first, then Three Dog, and then Madison again, you are making the main story go back and forth until it is back on track again.
Relationship with James?Edit
Should the article mention the hinting at the possible relationship between her and James? I found a holotape called "Better Times" in the bedroom in the Jefferson Memorial basement where he kept interrupting her, making her giggle and she was saying things like "Not now James, i'm busy" and "You think we should? *giggle* right now?"
-Andrew 12:04am, 21 January 2009
That was your mom, not Dr. Li.
-Chris 9:07pm , 26 January 2009
Agreed, it's clearly Catherine on the holotape. I may actually be the only one though, and it may have been the voice actress's weird style of pausing, but I have to admit when I first met Madison I got the vibe that she and James were involved before the baby came along to ruin the science project and the affair. If it is a read between the lines thing it's pretty faint, but still feels right to me as part of the background.--DoubleGrande 06:26, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
At the end of the waters of light quest the player can ask her about that suspected relation She answers "no", but well, probably lies... A very unpleasant and arrogant character anyway. Croquignol 12:32, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
While the holotape is definitely Catherine, I have always suspected Dr. Li to have had an affair with James... or at least some intimate relationship that is never fully revealed. When she speaks of Catherine or James she always does so in a hesitant manner, as if it were a touchy issue. So no, DoubleGrande, you are not the only one who's had this impression of Dr.Li and Jame's relationship. 22.214.171.124 11:42, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
It is very very unlikely that James and Madison ever had an affair. Throughout the entire game in both recordings and in dialogue, James clearly expresses repeatedly how much he adored and loved Catherine to point where in the Note "Home Sweet Home" he sounds like he is in a state of depression because of her death. It would be foolish to think that he ever had an affair with Madison. The only possibility is that Madison had feelings for James that were never returned due to his love for Catherine. I think you folks are reading into it too much..... And yes Madison is a very unpleasant and arrogant character (haha).
I've always thought she had a thing with Garza. If you pay attention to his dialogue, you may come to the conclusion that he does alot more than lifting for Li. Squiddle Dee
James says on the holotape to the girl and says Catherine's name, your mom's name, then he sexed her up and , 9 months later, YOU WERE BORN! --Jackass2009 00:27, October 6, 2009 (UTC)p.s. Sorry for making you puke. --Jackass2009 00:29, October 6, 2009 (UTC)
Purification, It's in the name Edit
Am i mistaken in thinking that Lithium is used to purifie contaminated water? Onikage01 01:17, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
Unrequited Love Edit
You could put a note in about asking if they had a relationship. I suspect it is unrequited love, as when she describes Catherine, there is a hesitation and a dark tone. I believe she has an unrequited love for James, and it is shown through her dialogue. Hell, when James returns she sounded so enthusiastic. --Selty 01:33, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
- You may be right. After you watch James and Dr. Li talk during the Water of Life quest, there is a dialogue option like: "What happened? You sound so happy?" with Dr. Li. And Dr. Li quickly hides her happiness by pretending she isn't. She is happy she can work with James again after 20 years. Even all these years she never feels unhappy about James. She hardly blames him for leaving them. It is clearly a hint she loves James. And she is devastated James dies that she has to leave the Capital Wasteland when nothing there is left for her. She stays at Rivet City all these years, not too far from Jefferson Memorial, as if she is waiting for James to come back.
Not to mention she is an "easy lay". I broke in her bedroom several times just to find a different man sleeping in her bed each time :-) If it is a one way-love for James she found some consolation.126.96.36.199 01:58, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
- That is just bug/glitches that the AI of the NPCs choose to sleep everywhere.
She doesn't seem to care if you steal the items in the Rivet City lab. The other scientists will care, but she won't (Zimmer and Armitage don't care, either). This made it really easy to ninja the fruit at 5AM, provided you're lucky enough that she isn't eating it as soon as you enter.
Free Bed Edit
In her room in Rivet City (this is post completion with broken steel on 360, not sure it matters though) once you break in (average lock) her bed is marked as green and you can sleep there. (Maverick21 22:49, 20 July 2009 (UTC))
- The bed's unowned, which is also the rather mundane explanation for why it's so popular with other NPCs! In some cases their own beds are owned by yet another NPC and consequently unavailable to them, leading them to search further afield for somewhere to kip. --Vometia 05:22, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
I firmly believe that the adjective "driven" should be used in the initial description of this character. I don't think "one seriously driven bitch" would appropriate, but perhaps something like "driven to prevail" or "driven to surmount". Pinkynperky04 04:04, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
How do you find out Edit
Just wondered, at what point in broken steel do you find out about Dr Li's departure to the Common Welth? I have completed Broken Steel twice and not once heard this, I keep trying to speak to the Lyons but her name isnt mentioned in dialogue. (This isnt me questioning the article by the way, im just asking as a player who would like to find this out for myself in the game)Do you not see Dr Li ever again? 188.8.131.52 20:41, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- If you talk to Scribe Rothchild in the Purifier, he will comment about her. Either that, or it's in his computer, I forget which. Kahlzun 11:43, April 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you, I spoke to Rothchild and he did indeed mention her. So I assume Dr Li never apears again? Shame, as I really liked her character. 184.108.40.206 17:56, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
Has anyone else noticed all the booze in her room in Rivet City? She has a bottle of whiskey under her bed, several empties hidden behind furniture, etc. Is this worth mentioning? 220.127.116.11 17:40, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
Possible Future Appearance Edit
This is just speculations, but because she is mentioned to have went north towards The Commonwealth and the speculation that Fallout 4 may be in Boston....is it possible she could return in it? --18.104.22.168 04:11, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- I just checked the editor and her hair style is literally called "HairDrLi". Paladin117>>iff bored; 01:49, December 19, 2013 (UTC)