Has anyone else heard Three Dog mention his death? I just heard it a few minutes ago, and I didn't even know he says anything about Liberty Prime. That was the first I had ever heard of it. He talked about a soldier falling in battle and called Liberty Prime the most amazing hero the Wasteland has ever seen. Ganon12788 07:33, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Yes Three Dog dose lament the fall of Liberty Prime. I know it is just a video game but I really loved that giant robot and I can't help feeling a bit sad. IMO the programmers should have allowed some slim chance to save him. I know the game has a quest that implies Liberty Prime might be one day restored but again in my opinion they should have at least added some end credits video clip of Liberty Prime standing up or even a small voice over to really drive the point home that Liberty Prime might live to fright another day.
188.8.131.52 15:25, September 17, 2012 (UTC) Sorry I thought I was logged on when I posted the above.
SaintPain→ Look for me Dec 22 Y'all know what I'm say'n. 15:27, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
The looking glass wars Edit
I was thinking about Liberty Prime's quote "Better dead than red!" and realized that i had read something similar in the Looking glass wars. Alyss's aunt,Redd,conqered the queendom and one of the things on the loudspeakers is "Better Redd than dead!" Do you think it could be an easter egg?Leea 17:34, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Could just be a coincidence as the phrases he uses about Communism are very general in referencing the Red Scare of the '50s-'60s. --ArmeniusLOD 18:22, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
- Personally I thought those were awesome books but I dobut it was an easter egg considering he is literally refering to Communisim.
No longer a stubEdit
I took away the "Stub" because this article has grown a lot.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" considering that this is Optimus's motto, think somone should put that in the trivia section? "Liberty is the right of all sentient beings" or somthing.
i just rembered if liberty prime was the tranformer refrence they are some over that dont stand out like the megaton town!
Sign your post.
I laughed at that. I know nothing about the whole transformers thing, but i remember an interview where Todd Howard clearly stated that they didn't rip the name straight from Optimus Prime. What you've just said pretty much proves that they did.--Greig91 15:23, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Well they could have come up with the phrase while subconsciously referencing the Transformers. My sister does this a lot while writing without knowing it, thinking what she is writing is original. She gets really upset when she figures it out later :P --ArmeniusLOD 18:27, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Where does the information about it being created in cooperation with the Soviets come from? AFAIK it was made by RobCo and General Atomics. Ausir 20:42, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm curious about this as well --MercZ 22:24, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
power of the lasers Edit
well i messed around spawning npc's i spawned liberty prime and a super mutant behemoth liberty prime took the behemot down whit only 1 laser shot says a little on the power of it
lol, try five behemoths!!!
Screw that,try 50-500 behemoths,i tried it,he tore them apart like a hot knife through butter --Werewolfhell 18:31, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
using console command player.setscale 8.0 I could kill a single Talon Merchant at an early level with just 1 attack (the hard part was aiming). my point is that the size of the character seems to greatly affect the damage made.
Liberty Prime's lazer has a special ability "Libery primes bloody Mess" which instantly kills anything and forces a limb explosion (notice how if Liberty Prime attacks anything they turn into those gore bits?) so that could be the reason. Chaos ian7 04:36, March 19, 2010 (UTC)
Libby and Numidium Edit
Has anyone else postulated that Liberty Prime is the FO counterpart to BethSoft's other giant robot, Numidium?
Has anyone noticed that Liberty Prime seems to be based on the robot Thexder from the early 80's (Late 70's?)computer game?
Prime tends to remind me of Slave Zero, which was amusing because Prime hates the Chinese, and Slave Zero was a Chinese robot made some 200 years in the future. TheGuze 03:57, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Can you kill it? Edit
Haven't tried, too lazy to bother, anyone know if it's killable, and if so what effect that can have on the game, or any loot it's carrying?
- I think Liberty Prime is technically flagged as a child, since not even the kill console command can kill him.184.108.40.206 01:52, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- He can't die because he was meant to die in Broken Steel
- I'd say he cant die because bethesda never bothered to program
- He can't die because he was meant to die in Broken Steel
a death animation for him, seeing as he's not supposed to die until death from above
- Actually it can be killed if you don't download the Broken Steel add-on.I watch a video on youtube and the guy on the video was killing it!He was killing it with an experimental MIRV!I will put the link when i find the video again !
- I don't know if he can be killed by the player, but I know that he can die before death from above. When I was at a friend's house, he fast traveled away from the fight for Project Purity, he came back in a few game days, and saw Liberty Prime dead.
could he loot his lazzzors, and was it on a computer?--Snipitysnipsnip 00:03, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
According to this YouTube video, there is an alternate ending to Fallout... read the description!
Gauss Rifle Edit
If the Gauss Rifle easily throws a Behemoth to the skies, could it make Liberty Prime fly aswell?
Could we get a section or a list of his equipment? I found a link fr his liberty laser on the Chimera page. Could we at least get a list on the discussion page?—Preceding unsigned comment added by Glewis (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Well, the list would be rather short. His only equipment are the Liberty Laser, his football bomb and 100 Microfusion cells. The bomb doesn't have an own page but it's listed here: Fallout 3 weapons#Non-player weapons. -- Porter21 (talk) 18:50, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
"ironically mistaking the Enclave troops for a Chinese invasion army"- Anybody sure about this? It wasn't LP being reprogrammed?--Kajex Firedrake 06:48, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- i dont think this was the brotherhoods major concern. also, liberty prime was rushed into battle. Utae 23:44, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
- My opinion is in the article: he cannot identify Enclave armor as American (since when he was built, that armor didn't exist) and because they are hostile to BoS forces (who use American gear), he assumes them to be Chinese (since he can't prove the opposite).--Amitakartok 20:15, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- I think that it is odd the Liberty Prime attacks the Enclave Virtbirds, as they are the same as the ones that existed when it was built and it attacks them befor they shoot, though it is possible that the BoS re-programed Prime to attack the Enclave and the anti-communist thing is a diffent system, which they didnt disable.
- You do know Vertibirds were built AFTER the war. The Enclave used the plans. Fat Man Spoon 19:51, 8 June 2009 (UTC
- That's right, Vertibirds were undergoing operational evaluation in the US Army in 2077. They were expected to reach full operational capacity to somewhere around 2082.--Amitakartok 20:34, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- How is it possible that vetibirds were built after the war? Anchorage happened before the war and the the Anchorage simulation features a vertibird. (Note that I might be wrong, because I don't have the dlc but I have seen the walkthrough videos) TheMaintenanceGuy 09:10, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- The simulation is not historically accurate, the terminals in the Outcast Outpost say so. The precise quote is:
- Common sense suggests, The Maintenance Guy, that they just used old metal and tools that were lying around. (Guy without an Email)
After Broken steel is completed, You can find Liberty Prime's head on the table in the Citadel lab, however, returning to the Satellite Relay Station where he was destroyed. His head also still remains there. strangley his body is completely missing in both places. I can't add this fact to the article due to the limitations of the PS3's web browser which is all i have access to at the moment.Matt3d 08:21, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Scribe Rothschild ask you to bring cameras and sensor modules to help in the repair of Liberty Prime. Is it possible to bring Liberty Prime back to full working order if you bring back enough Camera and Sensor Modules? ~Moriokun2@gmail.com (contact)
Negative, just an unfinishable quest that can generate some Caps and XP I believe. - KermEd
Yeah I really don't think that Liberty Prime could be rebuilt from sensor modules lol
- Xarxes 03:25, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
Of course, the sensor modules and optics from the camera are to repair more delicate systems. I'm sure the BOS has materials to rebuild the rest of Prime's body, it will just take a long time. Say, the same amount of time it will take trees to cover the wasteland if you applied the growth ointment to harold in Oasis. What they should have done is tied The Pitt into Prime's destruction. IE, if you have the Pitt and Broken Steel you can broker an agreement to have The Pitt furnish metal for the reconstruction of Liberty Prime. Hopefully in future DLCs you might be able to have him rebuilt.--220.127.116.11 07:10, 16 June 2009 (UTC)Anonymous
Yea, he's definitely not able to be repaired to completion, I've given around 500 sensor modules and a good 200 cameras in my campaign for money and the dialogue has no indication of his repair coming to a finish. I probably should have built my own LP with the sensor modules and scrap metal that i had. mehhh. --FLaSHBaCK HaSH 02:16, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Yes lets get the pitt slaves to make liberty a new GOLD plated chest piece and then go wipe the floor with all the super mutants in D.C.Lenov 00:21, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Mothership zeta was the last dlc i believeVictoriesx42 01:50, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Mothership Zeta was the last dlc, yes, but it doesn't mean that they wont make another one if forced, bargained, etc. to make another dlc.
Well...so, why they put on the computer of Scribe Rochild a activating sequence of Liberty Prime?
The Qoute "The last domino falls here", is a reference to the "Domino Theory" during the Cold War. The theory was that if one country fell to Communism, then all the surrounding countries would also fall to Communism.
Enemy Identification. Edit
It seems that Liberty Prime also sees Shrapnel as an enemy. During the Take it Back! quest, Liberty Prime ceased all fire on the Enclave troops just so he could throw a mini-nuke at Shrapnel, who had the unfortunate luck of being in the middle of the battle.After reloading the save, Prime still went solely after Shrapnel until he was unconscious.
How did Shrapnel end up there
Lol. Liberty Prime: MUST KILL SHRAPNEL. MUST FRY HIS COMMIE ASS. TheMaintenanceGuy 09:15, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
lol. Maybe he forgot his green card. (guy without an Email)
Well, since he was programmed with pre-war american (1950's) social values, maybe he homophobe and is a and is attacking shrapnel because he's gay? --18.104.22.168 05:14, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Wierd Face Edit
Anyone else notice that inside his visor appears to be two human eyes? Very visible in the Tesla Cannon (Beta) video in this wikia.--NukaPepper 00:07, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
Should we be marking the sections mentioning his death as spoilers? I found his death quite the surprise, as it's meant to be, I see no reason to ruin that for others... --Sinujutsu 16:45, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- This entire wiki is one big spoiler. Tagaziel (call!) 16:54, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- I suppose that's fair, but I generally use it as a reference and try to avoid the spoilers. *Shrug* Sinujutsu 17:42, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Is this the best character in the game or what??..
No best character in game is my Chuck Norris.
Attacks non-agressive NPC? Edit
As heading to liberty prime to do all the dirty work and loot all of the dead corpses to sell for profit, a passing trader was walking by not one enclave were alive but prime still beamed at him and killed him leaving me one trader down?
Does prime attack anything not related to your character?
Everyone forgot their green card.hahahahahahaha
Everyone forgot to sign their posts! Ha....Ha.....Ha....Vault 815 18:25, April 25, 2010 (UTC)
Liberty prime vs mysterious stranger's 44. magnum Edit
I was thinking when I wondered if I could kill liberty prime with a the mysterious strangers 44. magnum? I tried it and found out that he will stop moving for about 10 to 15 seconds. Could this be counted as a kill or just a bug? Should I put this on the artcle page?
Epsilon584 23:32, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
No, not possible. I've already tried.
I could have sworn that Liberty Prime looked different before Broken Steel.--Zakeruga 04:31, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, because he's not in pieces. :P
I think it's because you see him in an orange light at the Relay facility, but a grey one during Take it Back. Nitty 04:34, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Liberty primes nukes are annoying/funny Edit
this is just a funny note,i was doing the quest where liberty prime dies and i ran up to a repulse shield thingy and the thing threw a mini nuke at the shield, for about 3 seconds i was like...huh?...next thing i know I'm on other side of the map flipping around, i didn't die from it but i like flew all the way across the map, it was hilarious and i had 1 hp left....best 5 seconds of the game.Toolazytomakeaaccount 22:14, October 15, 2009 (UTC)
A Question Edit
Being the never-ending awesome generator we all know he is (anyone who says he isn't is a liar and should be harmed physically) why can't Prime back up like three steps and dodge the orbital drop? Apart from that Beth didn't want him to beat the crawler base for you I can't think of any reason.--22.214.171.124 05:16, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- He barely had time to warn of the orbital blast, so he didn't have enough time to move. He's programmed to protect others before himself, so he couldn't have just run without warning allies. In fact, he says "PROTECTION PROTOCOLS ENGAGED" meaning that his orders are to protect the soldiers first. Ganon12788 07:31, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
- I cant possibly see why the American Army would try to save their "regular" troops over the epicly awesome super weapon: liberty prime, Beth just destroyed him to stop him doing our mission for us :( 126.96.36.199 17:54, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
Do you think we should turn Liberty's quotes into standard English rather than ALL CAPS. It's VERY harsh on the eyes.
- That would be a good idea Mystery user BTW Teh photos part of my Signiture Lol--SixDog 20:33, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think an exclamation point (!) would suffice. All caps is a major eyesore.--Falubii 01:33, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- You could also bold. That way you can over-emphasize it, like he does. :D--Kajex Firedrake 06:46, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure we should remove the all-caps. It just feels fitting, in some way, since Liberty Prime is speaking in the firm, almost yelling voice constantly. Also, side note, I added the three quotes from Broken Steel.Wanderer Lao 21:00, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- DISCUSSION DETECTED. COMPOSITION: INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION REINFORCED BY FORMATTING. PROBABILITY OF MISSION HINDRANCE... ZERO PERCENT!!" --Liberty Prime 01:53, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should correct it. No one quotes Samuel L. Jackson in all caps, and THAT'S HOW HE TALKS! :P --Killchain 22:26, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should leave it. I mean, Samuel L Jackson isnt a few hundred foot tall robot :P--Pratstercs 22:44, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
hes 40 feet dude
- His PRESENCE is. --Killchain 06:10, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
- Well, we have the bold letters feature. I'm sure it'll look better than caps. :Starshade 16:23, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Bold is not the way to go. Bold is for formatting and layout purposes mostly. I personally think the all caps approach works fine for Liberty Prime, but I italicized the quotes as well, for consistency in formatting across NPC quotes sections.--Gothemasticator 18:03, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Just a thought.. Edit
Isn't it quite possible that the design of liberty prime may have been inspired by the iron giant? And would that deserve a mention somewhere in the article?
- The Iron Giant is another throwback to the 40s and 50s, stylewise. Thus the two robots' similarity. It's what we usually call a parallel reference. Meaning, they are similar because they are both influenced by the same things.--Gothemasticator 20:50, June 24, 2010 (UTC)
It mentions that you can have Liberty Prime as a hostile by killing one of the Lyon's Pride members. So is Liberty Prime theoretically destructible? Or is he treated like a "essential" character? If it's the latter, does he go unconscious, or just have infinite HP?
- He is invincible, as he is needed to complete 2 quests, and is destroyed partially through the second oneBadprenup 04:47, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
I tried to target him in VATS and couldn't do so. I suppose you could fire at him manually, but I didn't want to risk turning him hostile to find out. But most likely he's indestructible just like President Eden or any of countless other items and debris across the wasteland. --188.8.131.52 14:00, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
Possible reference in Fallout: New Vegas Edit
When you talk to Yes Man for the Wild Card questline and ask him where you can read the platinum chip, he directs you to the bunker under the fort and mentions that you might find "a giant killer robot or something." then if you say "The last thing Vegas needs is more robots" he'll talk about how you're right because it would just clutter things up, and "some lesser people might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but where's the challenge in that?" Is this a reference to "Take it Back!"?
second reference Edit
just a thought, but the portrait of house has what looks like primes feet behind him
- It's not Prime's, the design of the feet is different. It's supposed to be along the same lines, though. Nitty Tok. 02:55, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Voice actor? Edit
Any idea on who voiced Liberty Prime? It really sounded like Wes Johnson (who voiced the protectron and security bots). POLE7645 22:38, February 28, 2011 (UTC)
Eye color Edit
Isnt his 'Eye' blue or was I just seeing things?--184.108.40.206 04:15, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
Bethesda and Giants Edit
Bethesda has always used giants for the endgame senerio. The Numidium and Akulakhan were two magical giants featured in The Elder Scrolls. Also in the Elder Scrolls Mehrunes Dagon, a gigantic god, comes to walk the earth to destroy just like Libery Prime does. I just thought it was intresting how often giants appear in their games.
- Not just Bethesda and not just in games. It is very common to associate big monsters to the final boss etc. Well all except the Holy Grail and the bunny rabbit. 21:36, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Frank Horrigan Reference Edit
The way Liberty Prime dies in Broken Steel is an obvious reference to how Frank Horrigan died in Fallout 2. I don't see this mentioned in the article, should I add it? Automatic Grand Theft 01:57, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
Of course you should add it, and I assume it was you who added it to the "Notes" section. Great catch! GlassJAw667 01:36, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Quote at the Top of Page Edit
The quote at the top of the page is from Liberty Prime's "last words in action." Shouldn't it be sub-headed as thus, rather then just "Liberty Prime"? --Lozkaz 21:36, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
Formidable vs ImpressiveEdit
It is unlikely to be " formidable" and off line at the same time. Formidable implies power and effectiveness. Until Liberty Prime is active it is little more than an impressive statue.
Impressive is would be a better word.
It is sad some seek out with prejudice to revert edits without paying proper consideration to the edits intent.
Just because you can revert an edit dose not mean you should. Not liking the editor is hardly a just cause to dismiss their honest efforts.
SaintPain→ Look for me Dec 22 Y'all know what I'm say'n. 12:54, September 17, 2012 (UTC)
New Vegas portrait Edit
I couldn't help but notice the little message left about not leaving comments about the picture of Mr. House standing at the feet of a Robot in Fallout New Vegas. Though I agree that the robot in the picture is not Liberty Prime as it has a slightly different design / color scheme, I think the similarity should still be mentioned in the Notes section, as Mr.House did own Robco, which built liberty prime, and the robot in the portrait may be a prototype, or the portrait may not even be a photograph at all, in which case the robotic feet may be an artist depiction of liberty prime.--Caps Luna (talk) 17:49, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
Time line Edit
by the time of newvegas 3-4 years have pasted is it safe to note how likely liberty prime would have been fixed by now?
Liberty Prime fighting communism. Edit
I would argue Liberty Prime is still fighting communism by his / its existence. * The robot believes and or is programmed to hate commies.
It is a game fact Liberty Prime was built to me more than a physical weapon. The robot's every dialoge is an active show case of anti communist propaganda !
Libity Prime was built to scare the crap out of any who would threaten America. The real world, "Cold War", was hot with fighting communisim.
The above are some the facts worthy of notes.
- Contact my talk page or discuss opinions on blogs where I would be happy to express my own opinions.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 04:54, July 9, 2013 (UTC)
Liberty Prime may attack the caravan traders ?? Edit
" Quote from notes" * Liberty Prime may attack the caravan traders that cross the platform. This usually happens if the player character waits too long during the siege to reclaim the water purifier. "End Quote"
- Any one able to confirm this ? No offence intended I just never seen Liberty Prime get that far ahead. In my games the robot stops if the player character fails to follow "relatively" close to its progress.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 00:56, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I checked in the G.E.C.K., and the trader faction and Liberty Prime's factions aren't in conflict, so based on that, they shouldn't attack each other. Still, it would be useful to test in-game. 220.127.116.11 00:58, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
I think it might be time Edit
Liberty Prime the most talked about robot, possibly before or since Lost in space's Robie the Robot or the many Terminators at last appears to be a finished article. As in compleate.
As a personal note I would post it as featured article now before somebody tries to edit it just for the sake of a fallout 3 robot badge.
IMO SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here."
- How is this about improving the article? 18.104.22.168 05:06, July 10, 2013 (UTC)
Vandalism of Page Edit
Someone keeps changing the refid from 0005fd26 to 0005fd25. However y'all protect things, this page should get protected.
Fixing stuck problem during Take It Back! Edit
If you have killed Paladin Vargas, Liberty Prime will got stuck. You will need to use console to fix this on PC, respawning Paladin Vargas during the attack