Same as Laser Rifle? Edit
I'm worried about adding this onto my LAER. I know that the Laser Rifle has a similar mod, and it basically nerfs it. Does it do the same to the LAER? --Dragon1300 05:04, July 20, 2011 (UTC) Well, I got off my lazy butt and tested it myself. It doesn't split it into beams, just increases the damage from 80 to 104. (Well, 104 on Elijah's version anyways). --Dragon1300 05:54, July 20, 2011 (UTC)My LAER modded with the prismatic lens shows correct information in the damage field. As for if it's splitting, I took these screenshots. They're both the first frame of the shot. To me, it looks like the split LAER's laser is a little bigger? As for damage, it kind of gets the same problem of the laser rifle splitter but the damage on the LAER is so high it's only noticeable on enemies with much higher DT. And with laser commander... Mistermana 09:20, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
I did some field testing (involving wandering into Dead Wind Cavern and shooting some Deathclaws repeatedly in the face) to test, and I can confirm that when applied to the advanced LAER, it retains its single beam, while the regular LAER splits into multiples.
18.104.22.168 19:56, July 29, 2011 (UTC)Arkangelus
- Elijah's version does NOT split the damage (and does not give multiple chances per shot at +5 damage on a crit). That said, if you have GRA, you WILL want to run your LAER(s) of choice off optimized ammo most of the time, and maximized the rest. At 4lbs each, mod both, take both, keep the extra Elijah's just in case they patch you out of the monster hard target smasher that is full modded Elijah's.
- Load regular LAER with Optimized (GRA). Load Elijah's with MC.
- If you have bulk MFCs to burn, use them in your YCS.
- ALWAYS carry a few repair kits. In hardcore, just think of it as ammo weight.
- - Elijah's advanced LAER:Because there ARE no 'hard' targets - 22.214.171.124 05:27, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
I tried to paraphrase the Laser rifle beam splitter page, since this mod's effect is virtually identical, but I wasn't sure how close I could write it and still be appropriate. Does this look alright? (SPAMLibArmy 04:49, July 28, 2011 (UTC))
That can't be right. Edit
Reading the above topic and based on my own usage of this weapon, it seems like the beam is not split up and behaves exactly like the Laser Rifle with the beam splitter mod. Meaning, the DT of an enemy is only applied once. Therefore, there is no reason to not apply this mod. Additionally, this actually makes the regular LAER superior to Elijah's version because you get 3 times as many chances to land a critical hit.
126.96.36.199 16:53, December 13, 2013 (UTC)