Does anyone know if the games in Fallout Collection are UK version, or are they already patched or unpatched with patches included? I don't know if I should buy Fallout Colletion or wait for buying Fallout Trilogy (is it US original unpatched version?) --NovaRain 02:08, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- If it was the version I got, then it'll come with the latest patch on the disk before the Direct Sound patch that was released recently.--Kajex Firedrake 23:52, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
Anyone know if they sell this at Gamestop in the U.S. or do I have to get in online? TheLastNinJew 20:31, 5 June 2009 (UTC)TheLastNinJew
- I think they do, but I'm not sure. Ausir 21:00, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
I got my Fallout Trilogy and installed it today (Woot ^^) but it only lets me play Fallout 2. Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it?
- I have this disc, but I can't play Tactics, as it says I need the Tactics disc in to play it. Of course the Trilogy is a different disc, so I can only play 1 and 2. RudiganRex 07:01, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
I think the White Label Collection (The one you can buy in the UK) uses the US version of the games because it has Children in it. Beware btw, as on some batches, the fallout tactics disks are corrupted.
Can anyone confirm if the non-White Label European releases are cencored or not? I have been thinking of buying the collection from somewhere in Europe, but only IF it is not cencored - then I'll have to get it from the states. VonVince 00:31, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
- The non-white label collection I picked up on amazon UK is quite strange. Fallout 1 is alows max violence but has no children present, whereas Fallout 2 allows max violence and has children. I haven't added any patches to the game so I don't know why it includes kids in one game and not in the other. As for tactics i'd love to tell you what it's like, but unfortunately I can't play it, and cracking it is proving to be problematic. Hope this helps.--GreyMullen 20:33, January 21, 2011 (UTC)
how to play on windows 7? Edit
I'm just bought this game from the store and am trying to get it to work on my brand new Windows 7 laptop. Unfortunately, Fallout 1 has issues where everything looks like it is covered in not-so-pretty rainbows (haven't even tried Fallout 2 yet). Apparently, this is a rather widespread problem, but every solution people have suggested (short of downloading patches) seems to work for everyone but me. I clicked on the link given to download the patch (nma-forums or something to that extent) but my anti-virus starts screaming at me that the site is dangerous and probably brimming with cyber-AIDS or something. Attempting to even play the game for a couple minutes just for the hell of it caused it to crash (that may have been a fluke, I don't know).
Is there any way to get these games (at least Fallouts 1 and 2) to play on a Windows 7 laptop? If there is a patch to download, is there any place I could download it that is safe and reliable?Son of God-Enel 17:33, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- NMA is very safe. You could also try Atomic Gamer, if you don't trust NMA. Those patches will make it work; the Sfall in the latest release of the Restoration Project will too. Change the colors from 8 to 16 bit in the Sfall menu. Nitty Tok. 17:35, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks, but unfortunately, the high resolution patch that everyone says will magically fix the game did absolutely nothing. Not only that, but I've confirmed that the game crashes every time the Vault Dweller takes a hit, making the small rat just outside the door to Vault 13 the most powerful adversary I've ever faced. Is there a specific page or link that has something I can use to fix the game completely? I just bought this game from Gamestop and it's really annoying that it can't just work properly.Son of God-Enel 19:04, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
Didn't work. Not surprised. Thanks anyway though.Son of God-Enel 05:17, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
I moved shrtcuts to the games on my desktop, and for Fallout 1 & 2 it shows some dude with glasses instead of Vault Boy
It's all really creepy, him just satring at me when I turn on my computer. I would post s screenshot, but I don't know how. Jakeinator 22:36, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
any links to original icons?
VERSION INFO /CENSORED? Edit
So it says it has the lastest patches, I know the gog version is censored because the last patch released was the international without kids and a couple quests snipped out. If I buy this disk in usa is this the censored version?(like gog) Does it come with all the quests? Children? ect.126.96.36.199