| ||Archives: #1|
Release Date Edit
Note at the end of the reference cited in the article states a projected release of sometime in 2011. I added this to the article. Please remove if for whatever reason this is not necessary, etc. --The Incendiary (talk) 14:36, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
for what its worth, amazon has a date of nov 16th on the PC preorder page for fallout: new vegas 126.96.36.199 17:56, April 20, 2010 (UTC)guest i iz chillin with my mate mush:)
Play.com are showing a release date of 29/10/2010. That's for both consoles and the PC version, I assume EU dates only, not worldwide. ScarletCanary 21:56, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
That is their pre order release date, the day your pre orders get delivered :P Tezzla Cannon 21:59, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
The realease date, as per gamestop's website, as of today when they started taking pre-orders for the game and collector's edition shows as October 1st, 2010, it should be changed in the article Sea1monkey2 20:48, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
- The official website shows "Fall 2010" as release date; no more precise date has been given by Bethesda. Retailer estimates are just guesswork. -- Porter21 (talk) 01:00, May 12, 2010 (UTC)
- October 19 for NA, all I saw today on E3 coverage. I believe you have the E3-announced released dates up now. SamtheDeathclaw 03:51, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
- New Zealand release date is October 21st. Just thought you all would like to knowAlpha Lycos 11:41, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Australia release date is also October 21st, at least according to EB Games and Game
The game is now out in Asia, and the timer is counting backwards. I'm not allowed to edit this page, though. --Neuhaus 17:35, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Section on IGN quotes Edit
- I removed the section, it was totally unnecessary and redundant. Ausir 14:33, 22 April 2009 (UTC)
I thought that is was good info,It was good to have some reliable info from a site that,well,has more power and knowledge.
- Yes, IGN does have reliable information, but much of the information posted in the section was, as we said, redundant. --The Incendiary (talk) 03:39, 24 April 2009 (UTC)
Also, if you attack a very tough enemy, a red shield might appear on the screen, telling you to switch to a more powerful weapon.
Use powerful instead.
preordering Fallout: New Vegas Edit
It is ridiculus that you cannot collect all the weapons in the game due to the stupid preordering and unique guns that are unobtainable if you don't preorder from certain places. I refuse to preorder this game because they are trying to bone us.
- There's this wonderful thing called the "modding community"... Nitty Tok. 03:13, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
- And that is exactly why I wish I had a better comp. Deus 08:33, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
- To be fair, I think that it's perfectly fair to give bonuses for pre-ordering. And most of these "Unique Guns" are just regular weapons with modifications, such as the caravan shotgun is just a regular shotgun that won't break, the weathered 10mm pistol is just a regular 10mm pistol with a damage boost, and so on. Raito335 02:31, September 16, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
Giving credit to moddersEdit
Obsidian and Bethesda admitted that they studied popular mods for the PC to determine what players wanted to see in Fallout: New Vegas. I think that credit should be given to these modders, for example, the entirety of Hardcore Mode seems to be derived from "Fallout: Wanderers Edition", which, in addition to adding many weapons and modifying some armor traits, added primary needs, triage, and stimpaks healing over time. Please refer to this link if you do not believe me:
Also, the developers admitted they got the idea for adding modifications to weapons, again, from a mod.
I believe that these modders should be recognized for their work.
Raito335 02:28, September 16, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- Not really. While the idea might've been inspired by these mods, the actual content, design and implementation are entirely Obsidian's work. Tagaziel (call!) 13:16, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not asking for it to be right smack-dab in the middle of the page, maybe even just a simple reference at the bottom of the page or so, putting the links to the mods so that current players of Fallout 3 who think the features sound interesting may download these mods and use them, if they haven't already. Raito335 20:28, September 16, 2010 (UTC)Raito
- I think a mention would be appropriate, in a "behind the scenes" section of the relevant articles, and also somewhere near the bottom of this article a more general mention. --Kris 20:37, September 16, 2010 (UTC)
I'm glad that the link for the Weapon modifications mod made it onto the page, but there is yet to be one for F03: Wanderer's Edition. I hope to see it on the page soon. Raito335 20:21, September 18, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- Hardcore is more just a re-branded Primary Needs mod, not something like FWE. Hardcore doesn't modify damage, and it doesn't add G11 SMGs or .223 pistols, like FWE does. Nitty Tok. 20:37, September 18, 2010 (UTC)
@Nitty, FWE did, however, introduce stimpaks healing over time and weighted ammo, as hardcore mode features. I still believe that FWE should be given credit. 188.8.131.52 00:13, September 19, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- Well, we still don't know all about what Hardcore does yet. If Mezmorki and Huge Pinball and all o' them are listed in the credits, or there's a whole lot more related to FWE in there, then I'm all for adding a link then. Nitty Tok. 00:19, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with Nitty here. Weapon Mod Kits was mentioned specifically by a dev. FWE has not been. Also to consider is that FWE began as an amalgam of existing mods, so it's just not as simple a case.--Gothemasticator 02:20, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
From what I understand, FWE DID begin as a collaboration of existing mods, but only when borrowing weapons, armor, drugs and alcohol. It still added Weighted Ammo, Stimpaks healing over time, the crippled limbs fix, and primary needs on its own. However, I do concede that the knowledge on Hardcore mode is lacking, so I agree with what Nitty last said.Raito335 23:19, September 19, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- Some of these things, like weighted ammo etc. are simply things from the original Fallout games (which some of the FNV devs worked on) that FNV is reintroducing, even if they happened to also be in FO3 mods. Ausir(talk) 23:26, September 19, 2010 (UTC)
@Ausir, while what you're implying is somewhat reasonable, the only thing I can notice that is the same as the original fallout games is weighted ammo. Stimpaks healed instantly, and the only "Primary Need" was the occasional dehydration. I see no other reason behind your claim besides that. Raito335 00:04, September 20, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- Stimpaks healing over time was introduced by Fallout Tactics, with the Ultra Stimpak. So, if anybody is getting a link besides Antistar's WMK, it's going to be the original Primary Needs, as stated above. FWE can wait for its link. :P Nitty Tok. 00:09, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
@Nitty Ah, I did not realize this as I am probably the only one in this argument who has not actually PLAYED tactics. This makes more sense, and I understand more clearly Ausir's argument.
@Ausir I did forget to mention crippled limbs being healed by a doctor, didn't I? It seems you do have a valid point there, indeed.
Raito335 00:15, September 20, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
- 'S alright. Even if the features are all directly from other mods, the whole idea of Hardcore is certainly a nod to FWE. (I'm wondering if Hardcore will include a limited version of Increased Spawns, or if Wild Wasteland will add back things like wanamingoes.) Nitty Tok. 00:20, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
@Ausir Well, I think it is a nod to FWE. When you take a look at the top seven mods for F03Nexus, There're only two that obsidian could truly accomplish. They're more than likely not going to add 1. Their own mod manager 2. A "Hot new female body type" 3. Randomized mutants (though that might be cool) 4. They were already probably fixing the infamous green tint 6. More GNR Radio songs.
That leaves the fifth and seventh most endorsed mods of all time on FO3 Nexus, WMK and FWE. I think hardcore was designed with FWE in mind, since it was the 7th most popular mod on Nexus, even if it was just adding in old features from previous games, I wonder if Peekaboom had the old features in mind when he assembled FWE.
Raito335 11:38, September 20, 2010 (UTC)Raito335
Holy shit this game is going to pwn so much, I dont care about user mods for fallout, so with this hardcore mod things are much more realistic and cooler now. W00t.--184.108.40.206 04:32, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
I mean realistic mode.--220.127.116.11 04:33, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
System Requirements Edit
They've just released the system requirements for Fallout New Vegas:
According the the comments from the Bethesda posters these are reccommended, not minimum. Rekh127
Should it be added that there will be no gore on the German version? I know that the game has not come out yet, however every game in Germany has no gore due to new laws. That's all the proof we need. Tezzla Cannon 15:20, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes that should be mentioned somewhere. It may be obvious to some, but it should still be noted 'cause most of us are unaware of that fact. --Kris 15:23, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
I kinda feel sorry for the Germans, not being able to sever the heads of dead enemies and all, being a whole lot German myself, I even speak German, so it makes me mad at the German government for doing such a thing. Deathclawpoop 23:31, October 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Being politically correct is already fail, and then it's even more fail when you force it on your entire population. I'm half German btw and can speak it a little. Last name is supposed to be Tillert but lost an L at Ellis Island a few generations ago. :D J5689 16:12, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not the German government, all they did was making the merchants responsible for keeping minors away from their 18+ rated wares, by having them check ID-cards before giving access to the adult sections of their shops and by sending packets with 18+ content as "addressee only". Where formerly some traders turned a blind eye, now they have the burden of proof, and may be controlled by the authorities.
- It's the US publishers who don't bother to actually inform themselves and just cut their games in preemptive obedience. Despite that self-censorship, FO3 and FONV are both 18+ in Germany (the highest ranking) leaving the gore in wouldn't have made it any worse. For the customer there is absolutely no difference in buying a German version, an English one or an Austrian one (Uncut with German language)
- As for the German rankings. There are only 4 of them:
- 6+ (thrilling)
- 12+ (mild violence, need to discern between fiction and reality)
- 16+ (soft sex, violence, drugs)
- 18+ (hard sex, strong violence)
- As for the German rankings. There are only 4 of them:
- --18.104.22.168 21:06, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
When did we get the countdown? Edit
Pretty damn sweet. FinalWish 00:00, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
Agreed.--22.214.171.124 03:14, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, this thing is PIMP. We should definitely do this for all the rest of the games, too. Nitty Tok. 03:17, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
They did the same thing on Halopedia for Halo: Reach, except they didn't have the yellow background Deathclawpoop 12:58, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
6 hours :) Gheart 22:13, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
Eastcoast timer Edit
Yo, the timer is off by an hour, if that timer is correct the game would be released at 1:00 am not midnight
Collectors edition platinum chip Edit
Ok so i dont know where to put this (unless you want me to start a new page for the collectors edition). but i just found some morse code on the rim of the platinum chip, dont know if this is worthy of note but it is some sort of code (200 side: 112281 name side: 232077) Husher D316 02:36, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- If you include the position of the roulette ball
- 10 23 2077 = Oct 23 2077 the date of the great war
- 07 11 2281 = July 7 2281 Fallout New Vegas
- Lordqaz 13:32, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
This is from the article:
"When the add-on is installed to the game, Dr. Mitchell will give you these items, instead of the regular items received without the add-on installed."
Is this correct? I used the Classic Pack and received the regular items as well as the Classic Pack items. A bug perhaps? --StrikerBack 13:58, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
No, it needs to be reworded. Doc Mitchell doesn't give you the items, they're automatically added to your inventory. --Kris 14:04, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Alright, cool. Thanks. :) --StrikerBack 14:07, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Reception Section Edit
No offense to the person who edited it in, but the section is lifted verbatim from wikipedia: are we allow/should we being going that? --The--dud 19:29, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Agreed...the wikipedia Receptions always suck ass and are filled with the same pointless quotes those "critics" give for every other game.
I say put a metacritic ranking and thats it. TheVault101
Is it just me or does the game seem smaller in scope compared to Fallout 3? Also, i just cant help but get annoyed hearing the Fallout 1 music play in the game, just a peeve. Nosferus 01:41, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Changes from Fallout 3 Edit
I think that there're too many wrong things. First of all, locations. Are we talking about marked locations or not? If so, there are 225 marked locations in F3 + DLCs according to Fallout_3_places and 184 marked(?) locations according to Fallout:_New_Vegas_places. Secondly, crafting. Everyone knows, that crafting in F3 without any mods is just a waste of time. But you can't just say that "crafting unavailable". It is available (Fallout_3_crafting), but very limited. Thirdly... Well, "No enemy heads"? What does it mean at all? Okay, let's just create new row called "Enemy fingers", whatever. Deseven 06:35, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- In all honesty, it feels like that section was written by someone who had gone into complete denial that, in terms of popular and critical opinion, F3 was considered quite a bit superior to NV (despite all the Bethesda bashers and the "true fans" claiming the original designers would blow F3 away); basically, it ends up seeming like the person(s) who wrote that section were trying to convince themselves NV was objectively superior.
- Now, I'm not saying NV isn't a great game, nor am I saying that people who think NV was better then F3 are wrong (everything's subjective), but that section seems less about "changes" and more about "wish fulfillment". --Haegemonia(talk) 01:15, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not about subjective opinions. It's about facts :) That's why I think that this section must be edited according to facts. As for me, I like both F3 and NV. Deseven 06:36, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Also it's higly overlooking a lot of elements, especially ennemys. they are overlloking cazadors that are new, behemoth that are removed, mantis. then there is location. it says 400, with the explorer perk you can ony see around 200 (quick calculation). on the wikia, there is the picture with number of the map with all the location and it come out to 187. then there is ennemy. it says raiders for fallour 3 and for NV it just say fiends instead of raiders. What about legion, khan, viper. Bottom line i think its great to have this table about change from the previous version but god please do it right.
- Many of those locations are basically place markers also - I mean, "Toxic Waste Dump", "Coyote Den", etc are pointless locations - there is noting there that's noteable!
- It also shouldn't be a table. A table is a terrible element to use for such content. It limits the information to basically a two-dimensional checklist.
The setting for New Vegas is actually not just "New Vegas," but almost the entirety of Clark County, NV, as well as parts of California. The California/Nevada border runs diagonally through Primm, so everything West, South, and somewhat East of Primm in the game is technically California soil. Just putting it out there.
- Okay, I'm leaving this question here, because I just can't find it anywhere: where I can download non-Steam patch?! - ZuTheSkunk 14:12, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
- There is no legal non-Steam version and therefore no non-Steam patch.126.96.36.199 00:41, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
Is there any information on when the first DLC will come out and whats it about?
- oops, moved my comment to the discussion page, sorry.188.8.131.52 15:02, November 15, 2010 (UTC)
You HAVE to be shitting me? The only DLC coming out so far is a bleedin' 360 exclusive? Why the hell not release the damn things for all the consoles at the same time? Don't tell me this is going to be like PS3's Oblivion and have no DLC's whatsoever while the PC and 360 get Horse Armor, Mehrune's Razor and all that other stuff. -Malus X 00:22, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Malus, to be fair, Xbox 360 diden't get Mehrunes Rasor or Horse Armor or Battlehorn Castle or the mage tower upgrade wizard tower thing either. The PS3 and 360 got the same 3 extenstons. 360 just got it first, as it has to be converted to PS3's BluRay format. PC gets the most DLC', and can be modded. 360 just gets them fastest.
Just Want to Know Edit
What armour is the person on the front cover wearing? --AZButcher 21:09, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- NCR Ranger combat armor. It is worn by Veteran Rangers, who don't show up until late in the game 184.108.40.206 03:21, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
hello,nice to meet you.i come from LA.new to here.
- Get out -Malus X 20:20, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Ich bin Doreen Edit
Moin Moin!! Ich bin Doreen Peace leutz, ich bin gerade erst auf diese seite gestossen!
Adios Doreen</PostText> x5d33fdf265e2gdX28
New Vegas in Abu Dhabi? Edit
Hello everyone. This is pretty stupid of me to ask, but I'm kind of frustrated over here. Was New Vegas every released in the UAE (United Arab Emirates)? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE. I've tried different malls and different shops, but alas my search was in vain. Is it banned or something?
-EDIT- I just noticed this post isn't in it's proper place, is there any way I can move it or something? Apolli 08:58, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Although this is in the wrong section, I can help you here. Fallout: New Vegas was not banned anywhere in the world, you should be able to buy it through steam net or Xbox Marketplace. If you are unable to access these networks then simply buy it at amazon.com. If you have any further questions ask me on my talk page.Vault 815 23:16, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for your kindness and help, I really appreciate it. I think I'll try the marketplace then. And thanks- again. Apolli 12:37, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
No problem, have fun!Vault 815 19:14, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Australian OFLC rating Edit
The OFLC rating for Fallout: New Vegas is MA15+.
I just thought I'd better point this out.
Do monsters respawn? Edit
Do monsters respawn on this? like the legondery deathclaw
I know a few locations have respawning enemies (Namely places with non-unique and non-quest related places) such as Powder Ganger locations, except for the Correctional Facility, all Powder Ganger locations have regenerating Powder gangers. After killing places, such as powder ganger camps, they will respawn there. The Legendary deathclaw is quest related, so no, it will not respawn. I reccomend just experimenting; after killing a place off, come back later and see if the enemies respawned.
ALSO NOTE: If your goal is purely for profit and experience, I highly reccomend going to the Thorn, as it autosaves after and before every fight, should you die, have lootable enemies, you can fight an infinite amount of battles there, you choose when and when not to fight, (In large part, it's like "The Arena" in the Elder Scrolls IV, Except with the same three enemies, you choose who you want to fight, and the number of enemies.) And you get paid per victory. Troy242621 02:07, December 23, 2010 (UTC)
error in main page story description Edit
in the story description it says that there is no relation to fallout 3 in terms of story however i think this is false because the follower ED-E makes a direct reference to Adams Airforce Base during the quest ED-E my love. i think that it should make note of this at the very least.
- Good catch. I've reworded the relevent sentence.--Gothemasticator 03:33, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
email them Edit
go to this site click contact and you can email them. just so you know http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/contact_email.php
Little Boy KitEdit
This page says that the Fat Man Little Boy kit for the Fat Man (Fallout: New Vegas) has been renamed for the Japanese version of the game just like the weapon. The page for the Little Boy Kid says it was implemented unchanged. Which one's true? xNOKIx 08:22, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
9 DLCs? Edit
At one point in the article, its mentioned that there will be "at least 9 DLCs available for Fallout: New Vegas". Two things I would like to question: 1) Do we have a source on this? 2) Everything that I've read says that there may be more DLCs, whereas—to me at least—the article makes it sound like a confirmed idea. Maybe reword it? Not sure, but I wanted to point these things out. --I am immortal until proven otherwise. 20:11, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- IIRC, somebody at Obsidian mentioned the possibility of doing more DLCs than what they currently have lined up. Yuri(Leave a message!) 20:13, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
- As much as I hope it's true, I think that either a cited source should be added to the claim, or it should be changed. ComaDivine 03:39, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
There are only going to be four.
- You get six - or nine - when you either look at the courier's stash as one DLC or four different DLCs in one purchase.
(It's 4 story-based, four preorder DLCs (bunched up in the courier's stash) and the one Gun Runners.)
Is there any way to play this game without internet? I have internet, but most of the time the steam server is to busy to let me play... I don't really understand why internet is needed anyways, achievements? If I don't care about them is there a way to play without internet? 220.127.116.11 23:30, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
What?! New Vegas doesn't even have multiplayer! Of course you can play without the internet.
- No, you need an internet access to "unlock" the game with the Steam code and maybe for other things as well. But to play the game you need -at least once during installation- a connection to the WWW.
hard core add on?? Edit
do you have to play the add on's in hard core to get the trophy??
PC Fallout: New Vegas I am having issues with walking over objects Edit
For some reason I can walk over containers, tables, chairs, counters, cars, etc. If I bump into a table my character will just walk over it instead of stopping in my tracks. I know this is not normal because I couldn't do that in Fallout 3. This issue is also incredibly annoying especially when I am going to steal items off a table or just trying to navigate through the room.
Please remember I am having issues with walking over objects not walking through objects. 18.104.22.168 06:54, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
How do I find the person who sold Boones wife in Novac?
small discrepancy Edit
Small discrepancy in the "Story" sectionEdit
In the article it is mentioned that Victor "sends" the Courier to Doc. Mitchell, but I' don't see how this works with a near-fatal head trauma. Even more so as the good Doc mentions that he had to put "everything" back inside the Courier's head after the robot brought him there.
I think this should thus be changed from "sent" to "brought". If it's the way it is for a reason, I don't see it and ask for explanation. Thanks.
Stefan Jay 07:49, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate EditionEdit
I just got Ultimate Edition for Xbox 360 and opened it up, and all the DLC's and add-on's are included on a second disc named "Expansion Installer". You install an update, select which items you want to install, installs, and you're done.
Anyway...I mention this because no one seemed to know whether it was going to be a second disc like Fallout 3 GOTY or download codes (like Resident Evil 5 Gold for example). Is there a more appropriate place to mention this? Obviously PC players won't care, but it'll be of interest to console players. The main New Vegas page is locked.
--Matti Jr 19:42, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
fallout 1 2 need maid for xbox 360