Slave or Raider? Edit
The wiki page lists him as a Slave, but during the slave riot at the end of Free Labor he is not hostile and Slaves are hostile toward him. I actually had to defend him when 4 slaves were chasing after him with auto axes. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Swizzler (talk • contribs) 25 March 2009. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
The front page has been edited today to say that he is not attacked by slaves, but I witnessed him being attacked as I just said above.--Swizzler 19:55, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
I've also noticed him being attacked by slaves, so I'm removing that comment since it's untrue. I also suspect that his essential flag is cleared not by his dialogue but by the main quest, but I'll let someone else verify that and alter it if necessary. --Vometia 21:15, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
I killed him, finished the last quest zoned out of the pitt to drop some loot off then returned and now he is alive. (I got all the ingots first time round dont know if that has anyhting to do with it...) -- —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 26 March 2009. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
a few people have reported that trogs/raiders may respawn after completing everything and leaving. This has also happened with the first DLC pack Operation: Anchorage, where the quest would sometimes reset if you put all your DLC items in storage.--Swizzler 04:15, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
His Armor Edit
I need someone to help me confirm this. In two instances of Playing the Pitt DLC, Everett was initially wearing a random set of raider armor but after completing the DLC he was wearing Raider Commando Armor. This has happened twice for me, but I want to make sure it happens for other people. If this is a one-off, I'll remove it from the article. -- —Preceding unsigned comment added by Bald Eagle Brennan (talk • contribs) 25 April 2009. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- It's not always Commando Armor, for me he was first wearing a Iconoclast Armor then a Ordinance Armor, so I'll remove that. Icko 22:26, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Another glitch Edit
He won't talk to me when i try nothing happens and my steel ingots are all weightless anything i can do to fix this?
When I try and talk to him, he just says 'Go away.' But otherwise nothings different, other than he spawns in the abandoned area. My ingots all weigh 1, so no glitch there.Jakemiller 23:49, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it is: the various generic responses you get from Everett and other Pitt residents are based on your stats; you get the above comments if your intelligence is more than five, as well as the likes of the "tough guy" ones if your strength is over five, "what you smiling about?" for charisma and so on. Karma also triggers a number of different random responses depending on whether you're good, bad or indifferent. --Vometia 22:59, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
Looks hella like Mattias Nilsson from mercs 2, anyone agree? :)
RDF command - exercise caution! Edit
I've removed the following paragraph from the main page: it's likely that the potential for "unintended consequences" far outweighs the benefits of using this command: clearing the "say once" flag on every NPC could cause all manner of dialogue-triggered scripts to re-run that were never intended to be run twice. That's not to say it should never be used, but people should be aware of the likelihood of possibly quest-breaking changes that this command may cause (that is may rather than will, but people should still use it advisedly).
Original paragraph follows:
- Another possible fix to this is to use the console command 'RDF'.
- This is the Reset Dialogue Flags command. It resets the dialogue options with all NPC's to the last dialogue-changing event - for example, Everett will compliment you on your work in the Hole if you have just finished that part, likewise back in DC Moira will believe you have just finished her Wasteland Survival Guide missions. Essentially, you can use this command any time you enter the area between the steelyard and the mill where Everett takes up residence, talk to him, and give him ingots. The RDF command will not reset the items list, so 100 ingots will get you the tribal armour, etc.
It's worth mentioning that the reason this is so risky is that it doesn't just clear the dialogue flags for a specific NPC, but it affects all the dialogue that the player has participated in.
--Vometia 22:27, September 25, 2009 (UTC)
unique items source ? Edit
this guy is letting those unique items as gift but then where do all they come from ? i think he should have a safe and a key so we can rip his head off and get those items after we free our comrades !!!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Replikanxxl (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- You mean in-game or storywise? In terms of the dialogue, without checking in GECK I imagine that it's probably done using player.additem, so they don't exist anywhere prior to you getting them. In terms of the story, I guess "Everett's secret stash", wherever that might be--the key word being "secret"! :) --Vometia 16:30, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- you're right im guessing. still that music scares me in the abandoned area . and i dont want to cheat to get the tribal armor. please check the talk page in the "haven" article ? --Replikanxxl 21:41, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- The only way you'll do it without cheating is to collect enough steel ingots, which unfortunately involves venturing into the unpleasantness that is the Steelyard and related areas; see the Steel ingot page for a list of where to find them to make the trip less onerous! As for Haven being locked up, I figure that's the result of following that particular quest line; it's unlikely to be accessible from that point on. I'll check if you want, but it's a safe bet that there's now no way in. Not that there'd be much point, I figure. Good luck! --Vometia 22:04, September 28, 2009 (UTC)
- yeah its not intended to be in there again perhaps . thank you --Replikanxxl 15:38, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
ok, so, i just got done getting all the steel ignots from the scrapyard and everywhere else, so i go in the abonded area, and evertt is standing there, and i cant talk to him! and i spent HORS trying to do this crap! can anyone help, please???