What's "Swarve" mean?
- Good question. Nitty Tok. 17:07, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- It's probably meant to be "Suave."--OvaltinePatrol 17:28, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
How do we know the voice is Elijah? --Flower of Pock-Lips 17:17, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Because A), the opening scene of the trailer takes place in the Abandoned BoS bunker, and B), Veronica says that Elijah was the one after the treasure in the vault of the Madre, not just the goodies all throughout the building.
- Well, I just guessed, but hey. Better than "Mystery swarve ghoul". Nitty Tok. 20:14, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
Vanilla location? Edit
It mentions in the article that we've mostly likely seen him already, now that I think about it I think I've seen Dean Domino on one of the loading screens, the one with the theater advertisements. 22.214.171.124 05:45, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
Someone mind adding in a shot of the poster from the vanilla game to the images section? -Wyrmalla
The page says that he goes to the Mojave to rob more Casinos, and yet I can't seem to find any dialogue combination where he does not become hostile to the player? --Flower of Pock-Lips 04:00, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
I played through it yesterday and don't quite remember the dialogue but he didn't attack me. So it is possible for him to be friendly at the end.
No, when they say "ripe for the taking", I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean he is going to rob the casinos, I'm pretty sure it means he's gonna be back in the entertainment industry. He already learned the truth, revised his ways, and was stuck in a casino for like 204 years. Robbing wouldn't make sense, because the ending clearly says he went out to "begin again". Not "go out and rob vegas". Sure, he is not within the game afterwards, but thats where we think and believe. Think about it.--Blazerblade2020 (talk) 16:40, June 8, 2013 (UTC)
Saving dean Edit
in order to save dean in the end one must allow him to negotiate on his terms at the very beginning. resist the temptation to use the barter check because this will cause you to be forced to kill him at the very end. If he calls you his ball chain and collar when you talk to him you have done this incorrectly
-- I have made a mod that gets around this. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44653 . It makes it so that if you have found the blackmail evidence, and know Vera had medical issues (and have Intelligence of at least 6), you can get Dean to like you when talking to him in the theatre. There is also an alternate version that adds a nonsense dialogue entry that will make him like you no matter what. -==Thepal==-
We need a mod that involves him meeting Desmond from PL. An epic showdown of two egotistical bastards over 200 years in the making.126.96.36.199 06:19, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
Dead Money is, without a doubt, the most annoying DLC when it comes to being able to complete challenges. What clue does the player have that SUCCEEDING at a check leads to irreversibly making it impossible to complete a challenge later? This, along with the even more stupid idea that choosing a high Intelligence AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME can make it impossible to (properly) complete The Whole Sad Story, makes me want to scream at the designers of this DLC (at least you can complete that one due to another oversight by the designers, although that still feels like cheating). My thanks to the designer of the above mod that at least restores some sanity to this game. --FFIX (talk) 21:21, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
- It's called choices, consequences and foresight. Don't blame the developers for not making a frictionless game and giving you one that requires you to *think*. Tagaziel (call!) 06:28, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
- What does thinking have to do with it? What foresight would tell you that if you succeed a skill check now, you will be forced to kill this character later? If the cause and effect made sense, it could be reasonable to see that you were making a mistake. As it is, you are just silently cut off from a chunk of the story. The mod designer takes a much better approach; you can recover, but you need to do a little more legwork and gain some additional insight in order to talk Dean back from a bad first impression. --FFIX (talk) 08:14, August 30, 2012 (UTC)
Voice actor? Edit
Anyone know who does the voice of Dean? Its bugging me cause I wanna know if I'm right in thinking its Stephen Fry cause Dean sounds a lot like Reaver from Fable II and III. --Alpha Lycos 07:31, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
I think he sounds more like Malcolm McDowell who did the voice of President Eden in Fallout 3 188.8.131.52 04:07, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
you're both wrong, whoever was MEANT to be the voice actor was kidnapped and the real VA held the recording studio hostage and as he spoke into the mic the survivors used the audio captures, mixing the words together to form Deans voice sentences. The hostage taker?...The Joker!!
Also voiced antagonist FATMAN in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
"Keyes however, got cold feet and Domino began to blackmail her with her chem addiction (confirmed during Domino's speech at the Tampico and also by finding Dean Domino's Blackmail Evidence)."
Do we really need to confirm where this info came from? Was there some big debate surrounding this? Because it's not really in dispute now. We probably don't need to say exactly where in the game this part of the story of told.184.108.40.206 23:03, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe it wasn't disputed but people like sources, whether they're obvious to you or me is imaterial, and it can help stop annoying edits where people think it speculation. -- Lyco499 (talk) 06:48, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Companion in the Mojave?Edit
I'm kinda green when it comes to the console codes, so I was wondering: If I install Dead Money, keep him alive, and spawn his base id in the wastes, can I use him? I've heard Benjamin Montgomery tends to do nothing and stand around, so what if I add Strike Up The Band to my quest list? Does anyone else think this will work? I don't have NV for PC though, so if someone tests this with all three Dead Money companions, please tell me about it on my talk page. --Valoopy
- DLC companions usually don't transfer to the main game, and when loaded with the console will not do anything because the context is not there. You could always make a mod, though. - Redmess (talk) 00:14, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
Pre-War picture Edit
Hey im not good at this kind of stuff but do you think itwould be possible to get a picture of his holograhm in Color 220.127.116.11 02:56, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- You played the game. Meaning you had something to do with the game. I'll let you connect the dots on your own. 05:27, August 15, 2011 (UTC)
Help, need final piece Edit
I want to save Dean, i think the only way to do it when he's hostile is to use the blackmail evidence. When you chose that option speech he will tell you how he was blackmailing her. Then you show him the Vera's medical report, he will ask you why Sinclair built the casino. So i'm stuck in this part because i need info.
- No, regardless of blackmail info, if he is hostile to you beforehand, he will insist on fighting you no matter what you do. - Redmess (talk) 00:15, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
I have played the add-on several times, and I finished the add-on with Dean dead, I think there's no way to keep him alive, or I may have chosen the wrong path of dialogue conversations. Please help. "Game's rigged from the start."
Page Error: Edit
Is it just me or is the page showing a mass of errors to other people.
I'm getting that on a couple of different browsers. Anyone confirm this? Panda 18.104.22.168 15:01, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
"a.k.a. Dean Martin"? Seriously?
Anyone else seeing a resemblance to Jack Nicholson in The Shining? I mean, unlike most references in the Fallout games, this one isn't ham handed (now THAT was a reference.) but yeah. In the posters he does bear at least a superficial resemblance, and if you kill him, then he essentially haunts the place in the same way that Jack's character does in the movie. I dunno if this was just a subconscious thing, or just something random, but something to think about :) - NemFX (talk) 02:04, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
Unless we get a confirmation from a dev, then even if it was it can't be placed in the article. You could ask J.E Sawyer on his formspring. "Hail to the Pigeon!" 02:08, January 6, 2013 (UTC)
Dean's glasses Edit
base id xx00ef17
I think it may just be people mislabeling his accent; he sounds more like a 'well-spoken' American from the 1930s era, not English. Both of the people his name is a reference to are American - as is his voice actor. Source: I'm English - a southerner, to be precise. -- 11:45, 09 July, 2013 (UTC)
Without His Glasses Edit
Does anyone have an image of him with his sunglasses off? I see no mention of it on the article or the talk page, and I'm genuinely curious. 22.214.171.124 02:11, November 28, 2013 (UTC)