Dala and Cherchez La Femme Edit
I was able to choose a special Cherchez La Femme dialogue option for my character while speaking with Dala which brought gave me a quest about desires or something, probably should have remembered that... anyway, I was able to do dialogue options which involved lots of breathing. After I had 'intrigued' her she proceeded to examine me with her radar and she gave me several Drained Electron Charge Packs. Xplode441 15:16, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Same with Lady Killer perk - if you breathe and cough and stretch for her, she gives you stuff.
Did anyone find dealing with her a tad..... arousing? I should tend to my garden more, LOL.
Don't be a Nonlife, play fairly. 15:34, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
It's all in the voice. Even though she's a think tank, she's still more attractive than 99% of all females in New Vegas. 126.96.36.199 03:14, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Well.. maybe when you think that none of the images of the "Think Tank" staff show a woman--LucianDragos 18:24, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Name is a reference to...? Edit
Given her fascination with anatomy and biology, Dala could be short Amygdala? It seems likely to me, since that part of the brain plays a major function in the processing of memory and emotions. Does anyone else know of any other related reference? --Xclockwatcher 04:35, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it's a reference to dala, as in "Mandala" which is sanskrit for circle, i.e. something that does not end. It corresponds with all other names, like Klein's "Klein Bottle" or 0's (simply a circle =P). Anyway, all scientists has a name referring to something unending. Just my two cents. Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 16:22, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Ooooh, good catch, I should have caught that. Both logical, but you're right. It keeps in line with the naming convention.--Xclockwatcher 17:47, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Did anyone notice? Edit
The picture showing the scientists under their human form clearly depicts 6 males. Despite it's fascination for teddy bears and clothing, and the voice used for the think tank, I think Dala is (well, used to be) a man. That, or the devs forgot to change the picture, because nobody mentions anything about that.
- Yes I saw that as well. Strange, methinks. Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 16:18, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- There is that bit of dialog where dr mistakes your toes for penises and dala says "no those are toes. penises are much bigger....err..not that I'd know anything about that of course..."
- The person on the far left looks feminine. I guess that's Dala. Scientists prefer short, comfortable hair. Tagaziel (call!) 16:33, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
- The person on the far left is female, you just have to look very closely. 188.8.131.52 20:04, July 22, 2011 (UTC)
I just cant see her human form doing that stuff like the teddies and such odd. Fryingpan57 07:19, July 24, 2011 (UTC)
dala would be required to have short hair for lab safty reasons (184.108.40.206 14:35, July 25, 2011 (UTC))
I also noticed in #108 of Higgs Village There are several pictures, 2 of them i can make out people and the top left one looks female so i wondered in that might be her --220.127.116.11 04:55, January 18, 2012 (UTC)Snub
Hmm.. yeah, i don't see it. I didnt realize she was a female at the beginning when i heard her talk through Klein. She kinda creeps me out with all the awkward things she says though. It's really awkward.....
Was she having an orgasm when I ran like an idiot? (forgot what it said) Jeddy2 00:58, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
Dala and teddy bears Edit
Dala has lots of teddy bears, both in her home in Higgs village and her room in the think tank. However, when the player offers her a teddy bear, she declines, asking why she would want one, and goes on to say that lobotomites are her teddy bears. This is quite a contradiction, and i noted this in the notes section of the article. Please discuss this to determine if it should be changed back, as I just thought the contradiction was worth noting.
dalas a guy? Edit
"those are toes. penises ar emuch bigger....not that I would know that of course" females are expected to have seen a penis or 2 even back then so it must mean it had one of his own also voice sounds like a guy voice actor pretending to be a girl that and the picture looks like all male science staff.
Er, it just means she's seen a lot of males penises in her lifetime --18.104.22.168 03:08, June 5, 2014 (UTC)
Nah, remember, Dala is a head cheif of MEDICAL SCIENCES. Doctors, from time to time, look at... private areas. Plus, god knows if dala has lost her virginity or not. Dala could have "done the act" multiple times on multiple "unique" specimins.
As per the notes Edit
In reference to where it says Mobius' masturbation comment is aimed at Dala, I completely disagree as I'm sure all of those scientists enjoyed masturbation while they were alive. At least 8, as he still sonjaculates into things.
try the energy weapons speech after she gives you the sonic emitter to get more energy cells for it, she complains that he vibrator would die just before reaching her climax (don't remember exactly what she says but it's along those lines) BlackDragon666 (talk) 20:22, November 21, 2013 (UTC)
breathing session bug Edit
Does anybody know anything the bug which stops you from repeating the 'breathing session'? I can't find anything about it, or fixes for it on the nexus, or anywhere else. 22.214.171.124 12:45, March 7, 2014 (UTC)
i am the only one who thinks this is a Super Mario reference? Edit"There is no standing on the green pipes. If you are standing on the green pipes, please get off them at once."
A weird thought Edit
I found men's clothing in her room in Higgs' Village. Now that doesn't really mean anything but it got me thinking. Dala's just a brain in a jar with a synthesized voice and her portrait of when she was human seemed a little androgynous.
Dala is a crossdresser? Edit
I believe Doctor Dala is NOT a transgender, but a crossdresser. This is because of the male clothing found in her home in higgs village and the creepy... teddy bear, fashion show... thing. Dala was POSSIBLY a crossdresser as it doesnt seem likely Dala would be trans. I am NOT hating on trans but if she was trans, then it wouldnt explain the males clothing laid out neatly, if she was trans, then you'd think that she's throw the male's clothes out.
- I think this counts as speculation, especially since there's other plausible explanations: She might have kept the clothes of her husband who left her/died, or she might use the clothes to dress up a doll, etc. I don't think there's enough evidence for us to claim that she's transgender or a crossdresser (nor is there enough evidence for the alternative explanations I gave).
- FDekker talk 12:06, March 18, 2018 (UTC)