Is it possible Christine is Veronica's long lost lover? 188.8.131.52 20:13, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- it does seem she has some connection to Veronica, she is a brotherhood member after all (she says it sometimes out of dialogue after getting vera's voice)
--and veronica says their families sent her girlfriend away because all bos duty is to reproduce right? christine says elija seperated her from girlfriend lover, so question: was veronica actually related to elija or just felt like she was can't remember would have to do that dialog again
---This is what I thought as well, and I was almost shocked that it wasn't mentioned in the article. It certainly seems plausible. Let's see if Bethesda/Obsidian we respond to such an email.
184.108.40.206 09:23, August 27, 2013 (UTC)*Edit By Corruption* Christine Royce, and Veronica Santangelo, are Highly likely to have been the lovers, although it is impossible to verify because none of the characters say each other's names.
Although it is highly likely because inside Veronica's dialogue she says that Father Elijah Split her up from her lover. Christine also inside her dialogue says that Elijah split her up from her lover. (Inside both their dialogue, they both say that they was split up from a female character)
Because both characters have a strong connection to Elijah it is highly reasonable to say that they are both each other's lovers. The brotherhood was quite small at the time (and growing smaller), and would be incredibly unlikely that there where two relationships involving two girls. And would be even more unlikely if Elijah also split them up because their are many different Elders inside the brotherhood. (Usually 4 or more)
(A relationship with two females is strictly banned by the brotherhood)
Fallout 2/Wasteland Link Edit
Anyone else notice the similarities between Christine Royce from Dead Money and Christine Royce from Fallout 2? Could it be the same char?
- Unlikely due to the large time-gap. -Malus X 22:52, May 14, 2011 (UTC)
Is it possible to meet up with Christine after leaving Sierra Madre? I was under the impression there was, given the dialogue.
she is west of the adbandrnt bos bunker <---stupidest thing you can say...of course she's west because you cant go east you moron. So where the F is she?
Does anyone know where to find her after leaving SM? I can't find anything anywhere that tells me where she went after defeating Father Elijah.
You can not meet up with Christine, as the ending says she remains at the Sierra Madre, she "found new purpose as the Sierra Madre's warden. She watched over it silently- by choice."(If you choose to kill Elijah) You can find the ending when you leave Sierra Madre's Entrance Gate and you get back to the BOS Bunker.Erika Ignat 10:08, April 8, 2011 (UTC)Erika
Did anyone catch her last name? Edit
I came back to the room and she was talking, and it sounded like her last name is Royce? I'm not sure, but can someone verify this for me to give her a better page name. Thanks. TrailerParkApe MkII 03:54, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Big Empty? Edit
Shes supposed to appear to appear in it along side Ulysses but im geussing it'll be for players who have not done dead money, when he comes and helps her or maybe the two are in a security recording and not actualy featured charactors at all? --i shot the sherrif... but i was out of ammo when i got to the deputy.... 19:37, June 3, 2011 (UTC) Carter190s
INT/PER Requirements Edit
The page says I need a high INT or PER to communicate effectively, could someone please clarify the required SPECIAL stats to communicate? My male character has a Perception of 7-8, but my Intelligence is average at about 5-6, and I want to know whether I'll need to bring hats n' 'Tats to get my perception max'd. TJbrena 22:57, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
Counterfeiting Madre Chips ? Edit
The article claims Christine can teach you how to counterfeit sierra madre chips is this true and if so how is it achieved ~Decoy906
you need to pass a speech check
Veronica's partner? Edit
Is it safe to assume that Christine was in fact in a relationship with Veronica? It seems to make sense. BrenMan 94 21:34, December 23, 2010 (UTC) if you have the cherchez la femme perk she (sort of) falls in love with you in my playthrough anyway so i guess that since she likes other women and was in the mojhave brotherhood and lost her love she might be veronicas ex --220.127.116.11 23:33, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
In my playthrough, as a female character without the Cherchez La Femme perk, she held my character's hand and looked extremely grateful when I took her to the switching station and allowed her to remotely operate rather than in the bottom of the elevator. I don't think this confirms that she likes women, but there is no evidence to disprove the possibility of them being former lovers. Yakostovian 04:29, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
-re"I don't think this confirms that she likes women" she directly says she had a girlfriend lover elija seperated her from in her dialog tree ~~
- That also happened on amy playthrough but I was playing a Male courier (with the confirmed bachelor perk if that's relevant.) but it could be she goes both ways. -Lurky of Lurksburg 18.104.22.168 01:06, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
I think so, they both mention having an partnership with another woman and both claim they were split apart (it was apparently due to Father Elijah which veronica doesnt realise or know) however veronica says she left the brotherhood. Theres a possible chat with elijah about veronica, ive never done it but maybe he mentions them? Though even as a male character christine seems to like the courier, maybe shes bi?
- Um, I think some people should get out more. If a lesbian squeezes your hand or hugs you, it doesn't mean anything sexual. After all, even though straight men don't exchange hand-squeezes in our society (except in the highly ritualized form of the handshake), they do hug on socially approved occasions, without any sexual overtones. Wunengzi 23:04, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
- While you're right that generally speaking, one shouldn't assume all affection is sexual, Wunengzi, the fact that she will only do this if you have Cherchez la Femme, which is basically the "lesbian" perk, probably suggests that Christine is making a romantic gesture. If she held anyone's hand, male or female, without any perks required, so long as you were kind to her, it would be easier to assume the gesture was platonic. 22.214.171.124 15:39, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
I didn't have the "Chercheze la femme" perk and she still squeezed my hand. I hadn't even gotten my medicine high enough for the 75 check :( 126.96.36.199 12:15, August 8, 2012 (UTC) Lord Byte
I think it's pretty obvious that Christine is Veronica's ex, at least that was what the writers were trying to convey. Veronica is in the brotherhood, had a fling with a girl, they were separated when her girlfriend left the brotherhood. Christine was a member of the brotherhood, had a fling with a girl, they were separated, and she ended up leaving the brotherhood to join the slinter faction, the Circle of Steel. Doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.
I realize this game is older, but Christine can't be Veronica's girlfriend. She clearly says that her ex left the Brotherhood. Christine Royce is a member of the Circle of Steel, which is essentially the "Internal Affairs" of the BoS. Theopheus (talk) 05:55, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Of course, Elijah was also high up in the BoS, as evidenced by the fact that the BoS stuck around at HELIOS to the bitter violent end entirely on the orders of Father Elijah. He is also very good at hacking terminals, say to alter reports. Finally, when he and his group of Paladins left to go east, he took Veronica with him, putting the grain of truth--"Veronica isn't there anymore"--into the lie: "Veronica left the BoS." Also, it is very clear that the assassination order came down before the events at HELIOS, and thus after Elijah departed with Veronica in tow, since after HELIOS Elijah was presumed dead. Assassins don't go looking for already-dead people. 188.8.131.52 21:34, November 28, 2014 (UTC)
Christine is almost certainly Veronica's past lover/girlfriend. You can even find hearts drawn with the name Veronica in them around the Villa. 21:58, September 5, 2015 (UTC)
Really nice... Edit
...of Jack from Mass Effect 2 to make an appearance. --Chris616263 01:19, December 26, 2010 (UTC)
- When Christine stepped out of the Auto-Doc, I had to say "that's Jack!?" IsaacKronenFaust 08:57, December 29, 2010 (UTC)
i agree they have the same "hair cut" and they are both short and both had an hisory as human test subjekts so easter egg i think
- Christine's personality is way more interesting and complex than that of a walking pile of cliches called Jack. That's a bow to Obsidian and a spit to Bioware's face.
her voice Edit
Does anyone else think she's voiced by the same actress that does cortana? Or am I just on crazy pills
- Can't it be both?184.108.40.206 21:44, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Nope. Found the Wikipedia page for the actress who played Cortana. Christine is not one of her listed roles. Ganondorf 19:41, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
The voice actress for Christine is Laura Bailey, She also voices Rayne from the BloodRayne series, Helena Harper from Resident Evil 6, Claudia Wolf from the HD version of Silent Hill 3 and the female default voice from Saints Row The Third. In Fallout New Vegas, Laura voices Carrie Boyd, Julie Farkas, Doctor Usanagi, and several female minor characters in Fallout New Vegas, along with the providing the damage grunts for the Female Courier.
What's In A Name? Edit
Is it just me, or does Christine's name comprise of two big car names? Christine, as in the evil, killer, and sentient car from one of Stephen King's many books, and Royce, as in Rolls-Royce. Maybe I'm just looking too hard. -Malus X 00:22, January 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I was thinking it was some kinda sidelong Phantom of the Opera reference. Had her voice stolen, a "singing angel" brought everyone there, etc. predcon 05:12, October 28, 2017 (UTC)
Radio Outro Edit
At the end of Dead Money when you return to the BOS Bunker there's a voice on the radio giving a farewell speech in the voice of Vera. Is this Christine? The way she speaks about the Sierra Madre and Fredrick Sinclair makes me think it's her. Anyone else think so? Berkbelts 22:03, January 22, 2011 (UTC)
Yes it is Christine because she now has Vera's voice. And to anybody that knows how to read it clearly says where Christine is after Dead Money is all over. She stayed at the Sierra Madre as a guard to make sure nobody gets hurt there again. It says after time she was able to walk among the ghost people and they revered her just like one of the holograms.
wait wuh? what about Dog and the others? and I checked around the area (more like lumbering with all the frickin gold) and avoiding the Ghost people, and STILL couldnt find her..can anyone please check the G.E.C.K. to see where her location is?...anyone??
Im not sure if it IS Christine on the outro. What happens if Christine dies in your game in the casino. And if Shes dead in the end monologue? I wouldnt mind if someone could comment about this as both my run thrus I have been good with Christine and I like to think the outro IS her. but it cant be if she died.Kaldhore 00:07, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
No, I'm pretty damn sure it's just a recording done by Vera. Listen to the entire thing. It's just a plug to get you to come back. No. If it WAS Christine, I doubt very much she'd hint at asking you to return. -Malus X 23:20, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Both interpretations are somewhat possible, but it is likely meant to be Vera. - Redmess (talk) 20:43, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
I've taken the liberty of deleting the stupid trivia tidbit of Christine being "voiced by Gordon Freeman" for most of the game. I hate it when morons do this sort of thing. -Malus X 23:27, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm torn. On one hand, the Gordon Freeman bit is actually rather amusing. On another bit, it is considered vandalism by Wikipedia standards. Now I know this isn't Wikipedia, but still...lavacano201014 (yell at me here) 04:55, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Hahahaha thats pretty funny
You have to admit it's at least a little funny. Ganondorf 19:38, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
Is she really a cyborg or is there some trolling going on? TheSquishyTanker 09:05, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Wikipedia: "A cyborg is a being with both biological and artificial (e.g. electronic, mechanical or robotic) parts". Christine was augmented by Elijah at the Big Empty, which is why she can disrupt radio signals with her brain. So no, no trolling. --Flower of Pock-Lips 16:24, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
shes a lobotomite with skills
Well actually Elijah left her in the Auto Doc back in Big MT in an attempt to let her die and she made it out for the first time. Seems she has a constant run in with Auto Doc death traps. But since she still seems to have her brain intact that wouldn't make her a lobotomite i would assume.
there is no proof she was a knight if the courier is smart enough or meet the brother hood they can ask if shes a scribe which she agrees
- You didn't hear her testing her new voice, when she explicitly mentions her rank? Tagaziel (call!) 08:01, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
when was that? i played dead money 4 times
- After she regains her voice, while she's standing in Vera's apartment. Tagaziel (call!) 07:13, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
then why the hell would she previously confirm being a scribe the lack of consistency is disgusting
A brotherhood member can change scribe orders (scribe bigsley) so I bet you could go from scribe to knight. Also, knight may be honorary, as she was brotherhood and obviously past initiate. --Valoopy 03:08, May 11, 2011 (UTC)
I'd say it's more likely they'd send a knight to track someone down than they would a scribe. I mean really, think about it. Are you going to send a data pusher, or a knight, to track someone down through hostile environments? Deadling (talk) 00:43, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
All Brotherhood members go from Initiate to Knight. When they promote from Knight, they choose to become Scribe or Paladin. Just in case anyone else peeks in on this time capsule. 220.127.116.11 04:54, December 10, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah... This is gonna be complicated... I killed her in Dead Money. I wonder what OWB will do about this. --Wierdperson31 00:43, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
What if somone didn't even have Dead Money?Ranger In Heavy Armor 02:52, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Very simple: she does not appear in OWB at all, only as a backstory character on holotapes. - Redmess (talk) 17:44, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
What does she do to your Pip-Boy at the Fountain? Edit
I've been patient with this woman (she's better than Dog-goD talking EVERY FIVE SECONDS THE SAME THING :/) up until now... Held off on giving her the old 1-2, because we'd all die, and she repays me by messing with my Pip-boy! I stood still, let her mess with it (INT is 9, PE is 7-10 with specs and hat) and humoured her enough to get a smile but no answer as to wtf she did.
Maybe there's some dialogue I don't have access to; I really wanna know, can anyone tell me what she says
She doesn't do anything to it, she was trying to use it to figure out where Father Elijah was hiding.
IIRC, she pops off the back casing to show you some circuitry, puts the casing back on, and plays with the maps. She's trying to tell you that Elijah is near-by because he's dependent on your Pip-Boy so he can reroute his signal to the fountain through it.--18.104.22.168 16:54, June 21, 2011 (UTC)
Christine in Old World Blues? Edit
Ya, it seems to according to the wikia page here. But I am not sure if it is true, because it just shows the category 'Old World Blues' two times; One over the picture and once in the bottom. Can anyone confirm this? --Jo-Barf Creepy 15:57, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
Her character is not in Old World Blues, but there is evidence that she was in the Big Empty at one point. There are items and dialogue that reference her. --22.214.171.124 23:23, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Ow, I so hoped she was :( --Jo-Barf Creepy 15:57, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
It says that she has some named CoS gear, I think she may have ditched the brotherhood adjoined van burens circle of steel. Power Bonkers 00:10, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
That makes a lot of sense considering she uses stealth based weapons and armor here and theres a TON of stealth boys not to mention the stealth suits Right or wrong it's my life, and I choose how to live it. 15:22, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah but van buren isn't even real Power Bonkers 16:41, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
It hasn't been confirmed by canon sources but that doesn't mean its not real. As I recall the Big Empty was not confirmed by canon sources and look where the last add on took place. It's within the realm of possibily that she is with the CoS and that they are powerful in some region, or they could be hiding in a hole. Right or wrong it's my life, and I choose how to live it. 17:26, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Audio Logs in Old World Blues Edit
Ulysses' Point, northwest of Higgs Village.
There's also one in a cell inside the Y-17 Medical Facility. You need the upgraded Sonic Emitter to access it.--126.96.36.199 22:47, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
OKay so I was wondering when she says "The quick scribe jumps over the lazy paladin." Is it when she's testing her new voice out in the hotel room? -The Polar Bear lives 16:55, August 2, 2011 (UTC)
Ever heard "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy bear"? Its a very short sentence with every letter of the alphabet within; it's used for typewriting/typing/writing classes and some phonic pointers
Technically, it's "dog", not "bear" - You're missing a 'G' in Yours. It's called a pangram. 188.8.131.52 06:51, May 11, 2014 (UTC)
The phrase is "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" not "jumpED" or "bear", you're missing an S and a G.
Additional Dialog? Edit
Do you get any additional dialog if you complete Old World Blues before Dead Money when you "talk" to her or Elijah? Are there any differences at all regarding the order you play those 2 addons? Additional dialog, anything else? BlackHawk4744 13:49, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
dlc can't interact at all it isn't set up for them to. besides owb said they conditioned you into being unable to mention the place ever outside of owb(and lamented their mistake in not doing so to elija and ulysses)
- Have you even played OWB? These two characters don't actually appear in that DLC, only their backstories are explored there. - Redmess (talk) 17:47, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- You do realize this conversation was held a year ago, right? Also, at no point did they even suggest that they thought that the two characters are in Old World Blues, so why are you saying this?
Illiterate or Not? Edit
For someone who's lost the ability to comprehend written script, her first dialogue after regaining her voice strongly implies a lot of reading, especially when she details the Auto-Doc's usage by Vera and how it's full of garbage data. Super Duper Mutant 06:54, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe she's really good at reading binary or hex now? Tagaziel (call!) 15:05, October 1, 2011 (UTC)
- She specifically states she can handle numbers eceedingly well, and that only sometimes do words devolve into "just a bunch of symbols". thus, she is impaired in the ability to read and write, but is not completely illiterate. ~Anon
Gay/Lesbian Perk in DialogEdit
It says that with Cherchez La Femme or Confirmed Bachelor that you can empathize with her more and hold her hand before leaving her for the Gala Event. But I have neither of these and yet I still did them. Is this info accurate?--Hammerhead18 20:01, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
That sounds familiar but I haven't done dead money in ages, I'll check on a fresh playthrough.--Xaedra 20:03, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
This "dialogue" happens when you talk with her at the re-routed terminal before leaving her. It has nothing to do with gender or perks, and happens any time. --Falsesoul 4:30, July 31, 2012 (EST)
I'm wondering why any hints of a connection to Veronica Santangelo have been removed due to "speculation"? While I understand neither mentions the other by name, and such similar incidents occurring to the both of them and not being about both of them is not unheard of. However, if only from a storytelling perspective it seems odd that they would both share such backstories and purposely leave out the names of their old lovers without it being intentionally a star-crossed lover ordeal. I don't know, maybe it just clicked like that with me when playing? Doesn't make it canon, I know. Just seemed to have enough in game evidence to at least be mentioned in trivia/notes. I await denial regardless. --Aetropos (talk) 18:47, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Veronica and Christine's only connection is that they were both lesbians (or bi-sexual? is there any dialogue to the contrary?) in the BoS and both knew Elijah at some point. They are not lovers. Veronica states that her former lover left the BoS, while Christine was part of the CoS and thus still BoS. It could be inferred that she left the BoS if/when she decides to stay in the Sierra Madre (depending on which ending you get.), but that is clearly after Veronica's "lover" left. 184.108.40.206 18:13, June 27, 2015 (UTC)
Why exactly is she in the "cyborg" category?220.127.116.11 19:34, September 28, 2015 (UTC)