I bought Charon's contract from Ahzrukhal for 1000 caps. Upon tell Charon that I had done so Charon told me to wait here, then proceeded toward his previous owner and just stood there... and for all I know is still standing there. I'm assuming he was supposed to kill his former employer then join me as an follower. What happened for you guys?
- yeah i know what u did bro
you went up to the both of them and interrupted them. it happened to me too but i just loaded a previous saved file and did what he told me to do lol. you wait where u were like he tells u to, wait from a distance and let him kill his previous owner
- Yeah, Charon's supposed to do that. Ahzrukhal's death just means you can't get drinks from 9th Circle, but other than that, nothing bad happens. Infact, his death is good foor evil characters since you can take his key and raid 9th Circle's wall safe.
- I don't think you get any Negative Karma for getting the stuff in the safe, so long as you have the key for it. At least I didn't get any. Vokiel 17:55, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
- I had this problem with Charon after i bought him for 1000 caps. He got stuck and just stood there. I figured out how to fix it. (This only works for the PC!) Bring up the console (the tilde (~) key). Then click on Charon and at the top it should say "Charon" (0002b8e1). type sv in the console. set any variables listed for Charon from 1 to 0. They should all be at 0. to change a specific variable, type in set(command following the ->) to 0 Example: set charonkillahzrukhalscenestart to 0 This should reset Charon to do what he is supposed to do. I had to change the kill Ahzrukhal scene start to zero and it worked! Hope this helps out anyone who is stuck! PsychoBlink 14:15, 11 January 2009
- to Vokiel- You don´t get negativ Karma if you steal at the Ninth Circle if Ahzrukhal is death, but try that the gouls don´t see you, because when you steal some special things there they will turn hostile to you. --Xcyberpet 11:33, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
I have Charon and he got wounded pretty bad. He has had 1 health bar for days and days. I also noticed he is now limping. Does anyone else know if there is a way to fix a crippled leg of your follower? --Webdestroya 06:45, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- usually followers heal automatically after an encounter has ended. To be on the safe side I stuck 10 stimpaks in his inventory, and after about 6 hours of playing I checked to see if he had used any, and he was down to 8. Perhaps the only way to heal crippling injuries is to let him hold onto a few stimpaks? I'm not certain, but at least try it out. Or, sleep in a bed and that should heal him up along with you. Schizmoooo 11:41, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I loaded up Charon with rad food (ant meat, etc) but I haven't noticed any consumption, even after tough fights. Then again, I'm not exactly writing this shit down, and companions generally heal after fights. He seems to heal crippling after I sleep in a well-rested bed. I'll load him with a couple of Stims from now on, but does anyone know if he'll use food to heal during combat? DurtyWilly 05:41, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
- Update: This is what I've found out through experimentation: All followers heal after combat, but not after being hit by traps, no matter what's in their inventory. If the follower is injured outside of combat, try initiating combat with a weak enemy, and they'll be healed when the enemy has been dealt with. If a follower has Stimpacks, they'll use it, but only during combat, and only if they're crippled or near death. They can still be killed in combat if they have Stimpacks in their inventory, but it's less likely. I was wrong about resting in a bed, they only heal after combat. (Dogmeat, obviously, has no inventory and can't self-apply stimpacks.) Durty Willy 04:10, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- It depends on what armor he is wearing, since ghouls heal by radiation, Charon did not heal when i equipped him if the outcast power armor for around a week (he was badly hurt and limping) but after taking the outcast armor and leaving him for around 3 days, he was back to full health. Randy savage 20:48 time 3 march 20009 (UTC+8)
- I've actually seen him use a stimpack before, although he didn't have an actual stimpack in his hand his fist was set as if there was. He pulled it out from his belt (He was wearing the Hei Ghi) Stuck himself in the side just above his hip then put the stimpack in the back of his belt again. It was kinda interesting because I have never seen anyone use a stimpack in the game world before.Aryeonos 21:30, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
But the ending with Charon Edit
I Heard about asking Fawkes to insert code, but he want you to be AN HERO. What's up if you ask Charon?He is a contracted ghoul than: -radiation cure him -he is paying for obey your order (more like a slave than a companion) -there is no risk for his life - he is neither good or evil - he obey the contract (or else he wouldn't wait to kill his ex-boss)
A reason that he doesn't do it could be that he only helps you in battle. If you ask him to get the G.E.C.K. he says he won't do it because the contract says he only helps you in battle.
When asked to save the day Charon just says he saved your ass plenty of times already. If he weren't wearing a helmet I bet there would be an evil smirk on his smug face. I guess if you want your freedom placing your contract in a lethal irradiated place is a wise idea. Fawkes on the other hand will refuse, but follow you into the chamber as if to taunt you.
PS: if he is stuck then you need to reload before the dialoge with him (same problem for me once)
- I am hoping that was just so everyone wouldn't consider Charon a "no-one dies" fact and will allow him and Fawkes to go inside when Broken Steel comes out.
Do not move after Charon starts talking (just stand and watch), then he should kill his former master as intended by script.
- I don't think Charon would help you in the end. He refuses to go and collect the G.E.C.K. and says that he is only to aid you in cobat, not to be your errand boy.
I don't know if it's Fawkes or if its Charon, but they can both follow you at the same time. I thought you could only be followed by one person? Does anyone know of anyone else that will do this? It's cool to have a little gang. You can get 6 people to follow you at once(charon and fawkes included) It's listed how in the main companion page discussion--W00ty32 01:38, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
- Might be a bug (a nice one, though). Ausir 01:04, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- It's Charon. I've had Fawkes and Star both follow me with Charon, but will only join if the other is gone, regardless of Charon. It may be due to the fact that, liek dogmeat, he dosn't requrie a specific karma.
- Confirmed, Charon is like Dogmeat, he does not count as a party member, therefore, you can have him, Dogmeat, and another NPC following you. Firelance 15:40, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Actually i coundn't get star to follow me when i had charon. glitch? maybe it's the version im using? (the 360 version.)
Maybe it only work on PC. I have Charon when I recruited Star, then I pick up Dogmeat at 101. Firelance 23:13, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Retail 360 version is 1.03 (or whatever, it's not 1.0), and some glitches were fixed.
Actually, if you don't have Fawkes doing it for you already, Charon will retrieve the G.E.C.K for you.--Ghouliegirl 22:25, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
I'm not sure about Charon not counting as a party member--I was unable to get Fawkes to come with me even with high karma and Charon missing, I got the "You can only have one follower at a time" notice. I did, however, get both Charon and Star Paladin Cross in my party by making sure Charon was just out of the room, but still hired when Star Paladin Cross asked to join. This one I've gotten to reproduce several times. Maybe because Cross's dialogue is almost story-related, so it lets her join anyway? Sure was fun to have two Tesla-armored companions with plasma rifles, at any rate. Ihugmutants 00:32, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
He cant do the codes. He says its not in his contract about only helping in combat and stuff and will not do it(same with telling him to the the G.E.C.K.). You CAN get fawkes to do it. I asked him to do it but i loaded it back up and I wanted to do it because im a HERO!!!--Kirby888 02:14, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Stuff from the crappy note section Edit
I'm dumping the random anon users Q & A here. They have no place in the article in their current state and I'm not going to spend my time rewriting them just because some people don't know how wikis work and can't be bothered learning. --FFN 09:14, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Note - "After arriving in Rivet city, the Charon-dialog breaks: Starting a dialog results in Charon saying his usual beginning sentence like yes, what is it, but you cant click it away. And it's just the subtitles, you don't hear him actually talking. There is basically nothing you can do from this point on to continue or exit the dialogue (and the game). You have to reload the game from another savegame. After reloading the game from a post-Rivet city save, talking to charon results in the same dialogue-freeze. After reloading the game from a pre-Rivet city save, the charon dialogue works. I don't know if this has anything to do with being/arriving in Rivet city or whether it is a random glitch. Does anyone know how to solve this? --tion 184.108.40.206 20:23, 18 November 2008 (UTC) "
- Note - "Charon has left me after the virtual reality level, i still cannot find him, but am guessing he will reappear in the underworld soon."
- Answer - "He stops following you after you exit that level. He will still be waiting inside, near that pod you sat in. You will need to talk to him again, and tell him to follow you again."
- Answer 2 - For me on PS3, I went back and he wasnt there, but after a few game days I recevied a message saying he was waiting in Underworld.
- Note - If you return to the Statesman's Hotel after rescuing the Rangers and use the lift to the roof, Charon will not follow you up, and he'll be nowhere to be found when you get back down. When getting to the Rangers, be sure to find the Note to Moonbeam before finishing!
- Answer - He does not follow you up but he was right outside the entrance when I got back down.
- Note - "When I was captured by the Enclave and finally made it out, Charon was not with me. I have no idea where to look."
- Answer - "Most of the NPCs(if not all) return to the place where you got them. So try going back to underworld and look for him there."
- Well he doesnt want to wear power armor but wears power helmet. He also doesnt want to use any weapon but his rifle. I lost him in the super mutant bunker right after i got him, he walked inside with me but never came out too bad i didnt kill him myself i though but after i traveled to Megaton he was right next to me so i just locked him in my place in Megaton.
- By default he has his armor and a combat shotgun. And the exact weight he can carry is 200(his default armor weights 20 and shotgun weights 7, so he can carry 173 more for you). If you give him something with lower damage or DR, he will not equip them. I think the power armor you gave him is not well repaired.
- You can give him more powerful weapons (IE: He carries Miniguns and Missile Launchers for me all the time.), but he won't use them unless he has the ammo for them. Since ammo is weightless, keep that with you and Charon will drag the heavy weapons until you can get back to a shop and profit from.
Telling Charon he's fired causes him to tell you (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Well, sure, but you still own my contract dumbass. I'll be waiting in Underworld if you decide you need me." It's easy to accidentally click "You're fired" in the dialogue options (it's next to "Let's go"), and all too easy to click past his response if you're eager to get on with what you were doing; it may be a reason for some of these "'I lost Charon!' bugs." If you lose him, check in Underworld. On that note, does anyone know if you can sell his contract to any NPCs? DurtyWilly 05:06, 30 November 2008 (UTC)
You cannot sell his contract,and you can't drop it either(It's labeled as a quest item).But why would you want to? Charon kicks ass!Leea 15:56, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Charon is not better than Chuck Norris; if you disagree then imagine the two in a fist fight.
Say that all you want, but Liam Neeson would kill them both, then go and sucker punch a Death Claw.
I'm not sure why but after reading these comments, i suddenly have the image of a relay flaming Elton john bitch slapping a deathclaw, hilarious, and very very weird
I fired Charon in the pres metro on the way to adams afb so i didnt run the chance of having him die, and now I cant find him :(
I have been to underworld, my place, the taft tunnels, the various metros he would've had to pass through, but still no Chare-bear...
Help me plz? ~Vault Princess
I had the same problem. I dropped him off at Adams AFB because he kept dying when I took him in. I told him he was fired, And then I couldn't find him anywhere! But then I did. It turns out you have to check the big hole where the White house should be (It can be reached from the underground you used to get to Adams or using cheats (Pref *Console button* God mode= TGM and No CLip mode to get over the fence = TLC but these only work for PC soz) Charon will be there, fighting two Glowing ones that have taken residence in the hole ( and with low health) And he can't get out of the hole. I was lookig nfor him for days, and it just happened that I went to the white house area and there he was. Have a look for him there, its marked on your map as "White house". If you can't find him there, its said that he takes the longest, slowest root back to Underworld so leave it a couple of days (years XD ). And also, he may have suffered an unfortunate fate. Seeing as you fired him, it will no longer tell you he died, but this is unlikely. If all else fails, check back to the adams air base metro and make sure him nor his corpse are stuck there. Hope I could have helped
It's said in the article that Charon can't jump. But every so often i have seen him jump. For instance,i've jumped off a cliff and quick turned around to see Charon jumping down the cliff after me.220.127.116.11 23:35, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- Are you sure he jumped? He could have just ran off. 18.104.22.168 23:56, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Once I jumped down of a cliff near Canterbury Commons which damaged be quite a bit, then I went exploring, not realising Charon wasn't following me, then I get a message that he died, and i couldn't find his body, but I believe he fell to his death. Patzilla777 20:33, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Charon attacking for stealing in Underworld Edit
Charon doesn't attack for "no good reason". I think it's Carol (not sure but one of the named NPCs in any case) in Underworld says, if you ask about Underworld being safe, says something to the effect raiders and slavers have come in but Charon and Cerberus (the robot) take care of them. Pretty much implying that he is a guard for Underworld.Suntelia 08:21, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
Both Charon and Fawkes as Followers /* minor spoilers */ Edit
Had Charon, Dogmeat, Sticky (as Packmule) and went into Vault 87 to retrieve the G.E.C.K. After being captured by enclave I was unsure, reloaded and left Charon and Sticky at Springdale, via "Wait here" (I did not fire Charon). Went back to Vault 87, released Fawkes and got captured. Left Raven Rock and got Fawkes as Follower (even though Charon was still a Follower, technically). Picked up Dogmeat from Vault 101 and Sticky from Springdale, but Charon was missing. Some time later got message, that Charon was waiting in Underworld. Decided to switch Fawkes for Charon, but I could tell Charon to follow me again (as if told to wait here, not as if being fired) even though I still had Fawkes. Now both follow me, can tell both to wait here and follow again if needed. (Could not hire both again after fired them and got Cross.)
Now my party will have a little fun with the Enclave :)
- There is another simple way to get both Charon and Fawkes if you haven't hired Charon before. Once you leave raven rock, fast travel away before Fawkes talks to you, and go to the Underworld. Hire Charon, and then return to raven rock. Talk to Fawkes and hire him! Yay!(This might work with other followers, but Charon is cooler so I haven't tested.
- I'm pretty sure you can, but you can still easily get every follower except jericho and butch. Of course, it starts out with the glitch you listed, but that's beside the point.--W00ty32 01:41, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Can't get Charon Edit
So I spoke to Ahzrukhal to get Charon, and he contracted me to kill Greta. I thought I might be able to get away with capping her from a hidden location while she slept, but that didnt work so well and I ended up having to fight all of Underworld. So I loaded my last save. I waited for Greta to take her break outside Underworld and shot her, then went to talk to Ahzrukhal. I had forgotten to talk to Ahzrukhal before killing Greta and now the option of geting Charon's contract won't even come up in dialogue with Ahzrukhal. I saved after IP killed Greta succesfully, so I'm screwed now. I tried killing Ahzrukhal and raiding his fridge and safe hoping to find the contract on him or in the safe, but no dice. Just a note to everyone, don't make the same mistake I did.
Ahzrikhal tells you not to fire with a regular gun he says to do it stealthily i used a stealth boy and mister sandman kill while she was sleeping.
I got Dogmeat, Fawkes and Charon by getting out of Raven Rock, hiring Fawkes, heading to vault 101 to get Dogmeat then going to Underworld and buying Charons contract. It worked for me perfectly, without having to do all those complicated things to get more followers.
The same happened to me and i have tried everything from using the sandman perk to the mezzer but i won't get the dialouge even when i load a save from before i got the quest and do it all over.
Charon lost - again Edit
Howdy fellows. I also lost charon after tranquility lane on the trip to rivet city, he did not arrive with me. I assume this is because "dad" was coming with me. Well, looked around in the vault, in rivet city, about anywhere cannot find him. Checked underworld several times, he is not there. Damnit, he has lots of valuable equipment! now, is there with the scripting some way to locate him? that way I could find him and maybe convince him to get back with me...
Go check back @ the Tranquility pod you went into, he should be around there waiting for you to tell him to follow you again.
If you don't do the above and get charon and get a new follower (i.e paladin cross) then he and your equipment is lost, seemingly!
I have the same issue, I went back to Vault 112, and realized... I shut the door on the way out, possibly sealing him inside... if he's not at Underworld I do believe I have inadvertently entombed Charon.
Greta goes outside of Underworld to have a Cig, one shot to the head then loot her for keys
i had the same thing also happen to me and i found him in the taft tunnels outside the citadel just waiting at a door in the taft tunnels
I have to agree on Fallout Wiki 112 pod note. I had it happen to me on two files, once with Charon, and the other with Jericho. When you enter the pod with a follower, it automatically puts them to "Wait", so make sure you grab them before leaving the vault.
Pronunciation of his name Edit
Does the game give any indication on how his name should be pronounced? Because the deity name is pronounced "KAIR en", but as pluto's moon, the word can also be pronounced as "SHAHR en". --Voidvector 23:45, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Idk. I just say it like "Karen." ~~ 02:21, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- When you initially talk to Ahzrukhal about Charon, he pronounces it. It's pronounced like the name "Sharon" (share-en).--Niksilp 06:00, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- Also when talking with Tulip about security she says that they have Charon and Cerberus... and pronounces "Sharon".—Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Yeah Its pronounced sharon, thats how the people in the underworld say his name.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- The ferryman of Hades is a deity? --DarkJeff 16:38, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- A minor god, perhaps, but still a god, as opposed to a demigod like Hercules. There are plenty of other examples in Greek Mythology.Shadowgm 20:28, 23 December 2008 (UTC)Shadowgm
- the real deity god whatever (well not real but proper) Pronunciation would be "Kar-On". Bethesda had the name pronounced wrong.Aryeonos 21:42, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- not really because he isn't the ferryman of hades in the game, so they don't have to pronounce the name the same way. Anyway, Hades was the belief of a civilization thousands of years ago, so how do you know how its pronounced. People in underworld call him "Sharon", but I just say its "Charon".
- For who ever didn't sign for the post above: We know the Greeks "CH" is pronounce as "K" in English because the Greeks documented about how to pronounce it. But of course, since his name is now an American English name (no offends), I think we can just go with either...or is just the voice act(s) for Fallout 3 cannot recognize it is related to the Hades ferryman; or even the whoever came up with the name didn't realize it is "Karon"
If they called him Karon everyone would call him Kare-bear :D
He still won't appear Edit
So Charon vanished on me while going from an exterior area of Fort Constantine to an interior area (Bomb Storage, I think). No message about him dying, just gone. I continued on without him. Today, after leaving Fort Bannister, I got a message that he had returned to the Ninth Circle, so I fast traveled there immediately. Went into the bar and no Charon. Went back outside to the Mall area and waited 24 hours then went back in, no Charon. I've gone all over Underworld and no Charon. Not that he's hard to miss since I left him wearing Talon Combat Armor. Any ideas??XavierGTR 10:28, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- I have this exact same problem. Charon disappeared right after I visited Fort Constantine. If I try to use moveto player to get him back, the game crashes. I can get him back by doing kill, resurrect, moveto player, but his power armor disappears and the dialogue option to trade with him breaks so I can't give him new armor (choosing the option to trade does nothing, the dialogue options just refresh).
- After i got the keys from "You gotta shoot 'em in the head" I went to the underground portion under the CO quarters and was about to unlock the door when i noticed that Charon wasn't there.He wouldn't go past the doorway with the red lights.I then locked him up in my megaton house till i was done.
- I had a weird problem where Charon was a long way behind, due to me taking a path he couldn't follow, (no area change involved). After a bit I went back and found him standing motionless being meleed by raiders. I killed the raiders and he made the usual, "How do ya like that!", comments, but I could walk through him and couldn't interact at all.
- A reload from last save solved it, but he does seem to take longer to catch up than the other companions, often taking quite a while to appear after entering a new area.
i just want to know why this kick ass ghoul has a chick name?
I have added the stats for Charon based on my own game. (i.e. at level 20 after hiring him.) The stats are different from those shown on NMA page. So I assume the ones one that page is his base stats. Feel free to verify, especially if you are low level. --Voidvector 15:50, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
I'm on the 360 version so no console. I have no use for the Lucky shades and have Charon wearing them. Does anyone know if these or similar items give NPC stats a boost? --DoubleGrande 22:17, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Could someone with a PC post Charon's lvl 30 stats? Keemonto 14:53, September 30, 2009 (UTC)
Armor choice Edit
Does anyone understand what criteria he uses to choose which armor to equip? I gave him power armor that's in extremely poor condition (DR = 8) but he still equipped it. Surely his leather armor has DR > 8. Does he just use the theoretical undamaged DR to choose?
He uses the best DR (Damage Resistance) armor (Armor in low condition will have a lesser DR then it would when having it a full condition) Charon also wears the T51b over anything else since it has 50 DR max --JaksMoney2 11:35, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
I have no way to prove it, but I'm fairly certain the condition modifier applies only to the player and in trading. I've had a Raider cripple a level 20 leg with a Missile launcher in awful condition (took her out with a headshot from Lincoln's repeater so did not damage the weapon), and if you pickpocket Casdin right after trading Power armor to him it's immediately in 100% condition. I'm assuming something special is done in the trade equipment dialog to restore the bad condition before you take it back. One way to further test the theory would be to reverse pickpocket an item then see what happens when you steal it back after the NPC has equipped it (leave and return to the area). --DoubleGrande 22:27, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
I gave him Reilly's Rangers' armor in good condition, the small guns and luck are great, its good armor for him Danpascooch 21:48, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
I think Charon will use armor that improves his stats better. I found this out when i gave him Button's Wig to carry but he ended up wearing it over his current Red's Bendana, while they had the same DR (Buttons wig has more stat improvements)
The weapons and armor you give to followers work as though they are in 100% condition. If you notice when the weapons glitch with Star Paladin Cross, the copy of the weapon she has equipped is in 100% condition.
What's the best armor to give to charon?~Nobody Since Charon's equipment doesn't degrade, whether it's his default or armor you give him, I decided to test something. I handed him a suit of Metal Armor at 100%, and set out. I stood back while he took on a Yaoi Guai, followd by a death claw, then an enclave camp. I think this is the best he's ever done, and I once had him in the t51-b.
Xbox 360 bug [latest change in article]Edit
Non-default armor not degrading is a bug?--Niksilp 01:43, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
Nothing degrades with NPCs. I suppose you could call it a bug, but I'd call it a feature. --DoubleGrande 22:29, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thant's not entirely true. Non-default armor degrades when hit by a trap outside of combat.
- True but for the xbox360 at least, direct hits to weapons you supply them with (not their default weapons) will do major damage like always. AshRandom (Talk) 23:34, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Killing Greta first? Edit
It seems that if you kill Greta first, you can no longer get Charon. Either that or there's some conditional I'm not meeting here. -188.8.131.52 23:31, 27 December 2008 (UTC)
You can buy Charon.
Well why in the world did you kill her? And you'll have to buy charon---idoit --Kirby888 02:21, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
I killed Greta after having blown up megaton (pulled a "shady sands shuffle"), got Charon's contract, but wasn't able to get him at that time as I already had Jericho and Clover. Then just earlier I was doing Moira's quest, killed the mole rats in the Tepid Sewers, then accidentally exited at a Georgetown? (not 100% sure) exit. Realized I was nowhere close to where I was (as I had Jericho and Clover wait outside Tepid, near Dukov's), but a message popped up saying "Charon has died." Now this made me wonder what exactly was going on at underworld, however once I got back to J&C, I found Clover dead a few feet from where I left her, nothing around. No bodies, nothing. About 30 seconds later, 4 or so mirelurks come up and Jericho and I kill them. So wondering what became of Charon (after looting Clover), I went back to underworld to find Charon in his usual spot. So now Charon is with me and Jericho, however I'm still wondering why the message popped up saying Charon had died... And yes, I am 100% positive it said Charon and not Clover.
In conclusion, it IS possible to get Charon after killing Greta.--184.108.40.206 02:30, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Bad, wasteful Charon! Edit
Is it just me or does it annoy the crap out of anyone else when you give Charon some other weapon, and he pisses the ammo away?
I'm playing on the hardest level and I gave him a scoped magnum, and he began using it to kill radroaches. He shot a molerat with it four times, twice after it was dead!, (he always seems to shoot a couple of times after something is down). Same with the sniper rifle, he equipped it and used all the ammo straight away.
It's odd because he has a hunting rifle that he uses occasionally, then puts it away, and will use a 10mm SMG in tunnels etc. Missile launcher he used a few times, but didn't use up all the ammo.
It's not like magnum ammo grows on trees!
- I guess he just loves those rare, expensive weapons. Or he wants to show his gratitude for you having given him such a fine piece of equipment... haha. But that's why I just let him stick with his shotgun. It's got a small enough spread that he can kill with it from just about any distance (not super long-range, but he gets some long-range kills in when he's with me).--Niksilp 19:13, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
- Charon turns into the ultimate badass with the Blackhawk, but yes, he does love the overkill, small price to pay for upgrading him to 100 DPS. --AshRandom 23:53, 31 December 2008 (UTC)
i just gave him the mysterious strangers 44.magnum and half of my magnum ammo (50000) so there isnt always a worry of ammo consumption,but its annoying,he has high perception but he doesnt know when someone reall is dead i come come on,a raider only takes 2 shots to the head to kill,not 250
- Hehe, I noticed that too. But he seems to use Vengeance pretty well and doesn't waste ammo on corpses at all. He changes target fast with it. And surprisingly he kills so fast with it since big gun isn't his tag skill.
Heres a little tip: T-5lb power armor and helmet+vengeance or xuanlong assault rifle=ultra charon Werewolfhell 16:43, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Actually, for me he has unlimited ammo for everything ( I'm on an unpatched 360 version BTW) . Also about him shooting 1 or 2 times after at something after it's dead, after constant observation, I have figured out that if he kills something he'll shoot it in the crotch. Or butt if it's upside down. It's very funny.--Ghouliegirl 22:36, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
I gave Charon a chinese assault rifle,he zips through that ammo like crazy.That's where Protector Casdin comes in really handy...Leea 16:05, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Is he the only character who does this? I find it amusing as hell and not at all annoying... for me he just wastes two or three shots. I figure he's just making damn sure it's dead. I've given him a Railspike Gun and that could become an issue since the ammo is so limited, but he's honestly so good with it that it doesn't matter. Also, I think he shoots stuff in the butt/crotch since he uses a scatter gun (normally) and aims for the torso, not that that makes it any less hilarious to watch a hulking Ghoul repeatedly cap a dead Super Mutant in its nonexistent donglers. He just seems to have such a blast (har) that it's hard to be irritated with him during battle... I sure wouldn't want to be the fool that ruined HIS fun. Ihugmutants 01:00, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- Two or three shots per creature adds up pretty fast. Same as when he is trying to shoot through a rock, or some other object. Unless you are using some kind of hack to get 50000 bullets, then it's a problem. Also once he gets that weapon, he tends to use it exclusively, so rather than swap for his shotgun when appropriate, he seems to use it all of the time till he runs out of ammo.
NEVER GIVE CHARON A GUN THAT IS NOT HIS COMBAT SHOTGUN! his combat shotgun is like the terrible shotgun he can live without any of YOUR weapons. --Kirby888 02:24, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
I gave Charon a Railway Rifle and he literally fires it lika an assault rifle, he burns through my Railway Spikes very quickly. NOTE: Only give Charon a railway rifle if you have lots of ammo. 220.127.116.11 20:19, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
I have seen Charon use the infiltrator, but I think the weapon falls into the slot of only having a slightly greater range than his shotgun, so when a target is in that area of being too far away for shotgun, and the distance doesn't close, he will use it.
Great thing about having Pitt add-on is you can take ammo you don't use and turn it into .44 for Charon
"It has been confirmed that this is in fact a re-skinned version of Lincoln's Repeater and both use .44 magnum rounds. This can be proved since Charon can equip a .44 Magnum without the need for ammo."
- Okay, does Charon have unlimited .44mag rounds on the PC? Because he sure as hell doesn't for the Xbox360. --AshRandom 23:58, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
He has unique .44 magnum ammo,i dont know the ammo code for it though
Charon Bug Edit
Okay so I currently have three followers: Dogmeat, Clover and Jericho. So after I killed Greta, I killed Dogmeat to make space for Charon. But when I went into the 9th Circle Charon attacked me. I loaded my save after I killed Greta but before I killed dogmeat and everything was fine when I went to the 9th circle. So I know that Dogmeat's the problem. What's should I do?--Zeus4315 22:12, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, killing Dogmeat in front of any potential followers will send the potential into a frenzy. maybe, "Hey look at me! Look at what I do to my team mates! You might be next! kind of thing.
Send dogmeat into a dangerous area,and let him get killed,then charon should be fine, and if you give clover,jericho and charon good power armor,you can have a team that could kick hercules's ass
Yeh that happened to me too, but I gave up and went to Vault 101 and a friendly Yao-Gui Spawned outside and killed Dogmeat because he wasn't in my party, so now I have Jericho, Clover, Charon, Cross and RL3... in a few types of power armour (outcast, T51B, Enclave, Telsa) for my amusement. Ah... Old Olney, I spend all my holidays there now I have my Heavily Armed Dumbass Squad or HADS... now I just need Fawkes and I can run around in my underwear (in-game)-NobodyPro
Weird Charon...Thing. Edit
Charon was still waiting for me when I exited Trainquility Lane. Well, most of him was. His head was missing. Eulogy Jones' hat and the tinted reading glasses I had given him were still floating in place where they WOULD be on his head, and his mouth was still there (which was really creepy), plus some tufts of hair on where the back of his skull would be. When I tried to inititate conversation with him, instead of the camera zooming in on him, it did a flip and dove into the ground. His head, thankfully, returned after loading a different area, but it was still really surreal. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I was wearing the Ghoul Mask when I went into the pod, then when I came out, the game had unequipped it? Maybe it got overzealous and decided to destroy all Ghoul heads in the vicinity or something.
hmm his head must have benn moved to underground... lol ezakiel I've seen this happen with Jenny Stahl in Megaton. Her hair, eyes and teeth were still there, but no head/face. Looked like an animatronic robot without the face on. Even a cutout for her ear in the hair; pretty hilarious. When I tried to talk to her in this state, the camera zoomed into her head, showing a bleak sky-blue nothingness, and then started floating and twisting lazily and showing bits of the Brass Lantern's interior. I've only seen it happen once and in one game and was wondering if anyone else had ever seen it. I imagine it's the type of thing that could happen to any character. Ihugmutants 00:41, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
Holding out on me! Edit
(Xbox 360) I got Charon and have been doing a lot of exploring with him. We just finished a fight in the Mason District, and then got ambushed by 3 Talon Mercs with my bounty, and I went to check his ammo and weapons, as well as what all else I had him carrying, and found him packing a .44 scoped magnum and 136 bottle caps!! Sly bastard. He was picking up loot and holding out on me!
Has anyone else found this? That their companion will pick up weapons and materials and so on automatically?--18.104.22.168 17:49, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
I sure did. I got firelance from him
Same here. He picked up a sawed off shotgun and a vault jumpsuit XD.
It's not exclusive to companions, it's part of all NPC programming A.I. they're set to pickup anything more powerful than what they're using. This can be rather helpful as (occasionally) enemies may be found using a unique weapon. AshRandom (Talk) 20:40, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
What I find weird is how he picked up some bottle caps. I didn't think NPC AI included looting caps?
The caps thing is interesting, I've never had a companion pick those up... although Charon did sneak a scoped .44 off a Hitman. Jericho has also done the same thing; oddly enough, same weapon. I've never had 'em pick anything else up. Everybody loves that Magnum. Ihugmutants 00:45, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
I have fawkes and i have him carry all of my big weapons (fat man, tesla cannon, mini gun, rocket launcher) and he killed me once with the fat man cause he picked up a mini nuke i had missed.
its a bug but it can be easily explained when you hire charon he kills his ex bosshe might have taken it from his body bcause i know hes got 136 caps on him and he wields a magnum
Sometimes, I go on a killing spree in Underworld with him and Sticky, and he always picks up Mr Crowley's 44. Magnum! Every Time 22.214.171.124 12:37, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
When I came back from the mother ship zeta Mission, He looted the alien blaster and the ammo for it.When I came back and checked his inventory it was there.
The Charon wings glitch Edit
Hello everybody! I just finished reading the new glitch about Charon's "Hand-wings", and I had it occur to me when near the lift to the Brotherhood outcast office when doing the DLC quest "Operation: Anchorage", except the 'wings' were coming out of his back and had a span of about twenty feet, then after entering the building, Charon wasn't there and before entering the pod I had a "Charon has died" notice come up. Just thought I'd ask if this had happened to anyone else.--Ghouliegirl 00:32, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
This glitch has happened to me. I left Fort Constantine onto the roof and that is when this occurred. He has a long deformed wing sticking out of his left shoulder and his hands are very large wings like you said. I might as well add that this is on the PS3.
The same thing happend to me i went back to opperation anchorage to explore and see if i had missed anything, and i was with charon and i went down the lift and when i came back up i found him dead on the lift, a few hours later i got a message saying that cheron has returned to the ninth circle, i went to find him and theres not sight of him can anyone help???
Degrade very slowly?Edit
250 hours with the Rusted T51-b power armor and the armor didn't lose one bit of condition. I strongly, strongly believe it never degrades.BSMaker 01:11, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Armor never degrades when worn by companions. // Porter21 U | T 01:14, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neither do weapons, unless it's normal for a Shishkebab to get about a 1000 hits and remain in 100% condition.--DoubleGrande 04:30, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I thought it was common knowledge. The only difference between weapons and armor is that weapons can be shot by enemies, and then they will degrade.BSMaker 04:33, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Neither do weapons, unless it's normal for a Shishkebab to get about a 1000 hits and remain in 100% condition.--DoubleGrande 04:30, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
Charon exploit with items that increase luck... Edit
I noticed this one by accident. I have Charon outfitted with Lucky shades and the Ranger battle armor. So I figured it would be cool to get him up to Luck 8 by also giving him Three Dog's head wrap. So I queried Charon after he had equipped all three items.
I pressed ~ to get into the console, then typed 'prid 2b8e1', 'getav luck', 'getav critchance').
He didn't have Luck 8 as I expected, he had 15!
So I experimented a little with this bug, and found out if you start from scratch and remove all three items from him to put him back to his initial stat of Luck 5, then give them back to him bringing him to 8, exit dialog with him, then go back in to trade a weapon with him that he equips (for example a Chinese assault rifle or a combat shotgun in perfect shape) - the effects will stack!
This time he had Luck 11, I did it again - 14... etc. etc.
Some more experimentation, and I found out it also works with just one luck item (only it would stack at +1 each time, and not +3).
So any player who has played with him for a while when he's equipped with a luck item and traded weapons back and forth with him, will have had Charon with maxed Critical Chance (which cap at 10% at 10 Luck, there's no point in doing it more than that).
Just a sweet little bug... And it's not really cheating either, since trading weapons with him is something you would do naturally.
I wonder if it works on other attribute items and on other NPCs...
I think I'll just leave him with the shades, Ranger armor and helmet (for better Damage Resistance). And be sure to trade a few weapons back and forth with him ;-)
Dcruze 10:59, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, works with other companions (followers) as well. And it seems to work with all armor that gives bonuses.
- You don't need to trade anything btw, all you need to do is enter the trade menu, then exit.
- I just had some fun with Charon, Torcher's mask and Eugene. Got his measly 15 points in Big Guns up to over 100. >:)
- Dcruze 12:50, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
is this true? if so than this is great! ive always wanted to have console on the 360 like on the pc so i could screw around with the stats and such, so the more gliches i find the better but this would be the best thing since the multi-companion glich. ive always wanted my little army to all have big guns.so what do you have to do? just give him the stat changeing armor then exit the trade menu? sounds easy enough.
- I don't see why it shouldn't work on consoles as well, only thing is you can't check the follower's stats, so you're working in the blind. Look here for more info. Dcruze 06:22, 7 February 2009 (UTC)
yea i know, kinda sucks but its not too bad.i wish i had enough money to buy a good gamer rig what with all the mods comeing out its like murder sitting here watching instead of playing. thanks for the link! showed me evreything i wanted to know. i thought you needed to equip the item on the companion then un-equip it and keep doing that till desired stat level was reeched. i was about to move on and thought the glich didnt work but from the sound of it i was doing it wrong. thanks again.
can you stack 2 effects at the same time? i would like to use this to raise followers str, but dont like the nagative agi so i want to know if i equip poplars hood at same time if that would work.
- Yes, you can stack effects from several items at a time. So the combination Poplar's hood and Enclave Power Armor will work just fine. Dcruze 20:41, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
No more three somes Edit
Okay,so I found Fawkes at Underworld and I tried to recruit him but,he complained that I can't have any more followers besides Charon.Same with Star Paladin Cross.And shes carrying my stuff!I gave her alot of my equipment just before Fawkes found the GECK in Vault 87. And now she's keeping it.I've tried Neutral Karma recruiting,good Karma recruiting and evil Karma recruiting.No one follows me anymore.I think Dogmeat is still counting as one of my recruits,even though he dead.So how do I get one of my recruits back?? HuangLee 15:01, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Well you aren't really supposed to have 3 companions at a time, but, if you wait long enough the scripts on star Paladin Cross and Fawkes will reset and a "(insert name here) is waiting at (insert place here)" messeg and you can go re-recruit them. I'd suggest doing Star Paladin Cross first, then Fawkes.--Sniperkitten 02:20, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Use the Puppies! Perk. :|V.A.T.S. addict 16:25, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
IM NOT AZURKHAL! Edit
One day i decide to see what happens if i fire Charon so i save and then i say "YO FIRED BIYATCH!" and he gets his shotgun and says "That he's got some buisness to take care of" and shoots me! I loaded the save fired him again and he just went to underworld Oo is this a weird glitch or is he getting bad flashbacks of Azerukhl, and to think i gave him my only Tb51 armor, (i use the Winterized TB51 armor)
- What's your karma level? Had you done anything evil recently? Even though Charon will do whatever he's asked (as part of his contract), after he kills Ahzrukal, he'll tell you he did it because Az was an evil person. Other users have reported that Charon sympathizes with innocents that you kill (female slaves) and that he will turn on you if you fire him soon after you do something evil. I doubt it's a bug; Charon just seems to have his own personal code of ethics. He'll follow his contract, but if you break it...prepare to face the consequences.--VwllssWndr 00:57, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Quotes and Messy Article Edit
This article is rather messy. One major problem I noticed is the excessive amount of quotes. Perhaps a separate page with a listing of all these quotes and include a few on the article? --Odie5533 05:36, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Seems to be some kind of fetish with the authors to quote every thing a notable NPC might utter, even if it's a generic line.
Charon's quote Edit
Hey, I was wondering if anybody knows what slave Charon is refering to when he says "She is dead" after the slave is killed? I am thinking it's Miss Jeanette, but I'm not sure.--Sniperkitten 23:13, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
I think he's just muttering in shocked disbelief. He seems to have a soft spot for female slaves in particular and gets quite upset if you kill them. Ihugmutants 00:48, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
Problem: Charon Hostile Edit
I'm not sure what exactly happened and when, but I think it is either after dowloading the Pitt and entering(which fires him) or downloading Broken Steel while I was still playing the Pitt. So anyways, I just went to go get Charon (has a bunch of my stuff ie: T-51b) after I finished the Pitt at the Ninth Circle. When I enter, he is sitting in the chair talking to Mister Crowely (standing not sitting) who I have already killed a really long time ago. Everyone appears as friends, but Crowley as an enemy. He then will turn around and start shooting me for no reason. Then everyone else joins in including my pal Charon. If I leave the room, everyone will start shooting me. I tried using Fawkes to do it, but he just ends up wasting everyone. EVen Sydney will join in and start killing everyone. I don't know what to do or how to solve it, anyone know? Reflect 05:12, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- btw, I don't want to kill him cuz he is a beast and I always use him. Any way ither way would be appreciated. Reflect 05:20, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Have you tried sneaking so you could talk to Charon without Crowley noticing you? -- Jargonz 05:46, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yep tried that, but he knows where you are and when you enter. If I'm fast enough I can kill him, but even then everyone gets hostile including Charon. Sydney tries help, but she gets torn apart. I'll try again later. Reflect 15:20, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I just actually figured it out not too long ago. I went in the front doors and shot Crowly in the back of the head. Charon Stood up, but fell through the floor at the same time and remained nuetral. AVeryone else turned hostile and I wasted them with the help of Sydney. I left and then cam back and Charon was sitting in the chair lik nothiing happened. I guess I just got lucky. Also does anyone know if your companion returns to their spot once you activate tproject purity? I can't seem to find him and it has been awhile. Also I noticed that when given the opportunity, Charon picks up Crowley's Scoped .44 Magnum instead of using his shotgun. Is there a reason becasue I believe his shotgun does more damage than that .44. Reflect 19:36, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm just curious did you get any bad karma before you went into the pitt or went back to the ninth circle?
- I don't believe that I got any bad karma for either, however, I'll check the latter again (I kept a save of the glitch). Reflect 00:51, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
DONT KILL THE FEMAL SLAVES PEOPLE charon for some reason HAD A AFFAIR WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!
Feral Ghouls? Edit
I didn't see it noted in this article, but will Ferals attack Charon on sight as if he were human? For instance, if you are wearing the ghoul mask and walk in to a tunnel with Charon following you, will you still be attacked by ghouls? --Robthearch1 22:54, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- No, wearing the Ghoul mask will make all Feral Ghouls friendly to you AND followers regardless of whether or not they are a ghoul. But the reason for Charon attacking hostile Ferals is most likely because he is your employee and will protect you from anything.--FawkesGamer360 20:49, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Oh really?Then how does that explain the fact that while fighting overlords charon thought that missile launcher was more entertaining and stared at it for an hour before i went to retrieve him and got owned? Werewolfhell 15:19, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- Charon is addicted to sniffing the fumes of the missile fuel, but don't tell anyone...
You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the HeadEdit
Okay, so my friend who has Fallout 3 for PC said she found this dialogue with Charon from You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head.
- You: What can you tell me about Mister Crowley?
- Charon: Ahzrukhal doesn't like it when I talk about his customers.
- You: Come on. You can tell me. Ahzrukhal said so. <Lie.>
- Charon: Oh, well that's different. You're the third human he's tried to get to kill those guys. He won't ask me, or anyone else in Underworld. It's kind of weird.
I tried to get the speech check to show up in my game (360 version), but it wouldn't. Has anyone ever gotten this conversation?--Niksilp 05:07, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- (360) I have never seen this conversation appear.Jakemiller 05:48, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- Me neither. I suppose his friend may be lying to him? (360 as well) --Cerebralz 02:28, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, from the Official Fallout 3 Game Guide, it says that you can use a Speech challenge to talk to Charon and get him to tell the player he/she was the third human Crowley wanted to kill the targets, and that he thinks it's weird Crowley won't ask Charon. Read it yourself if you don't believe me!
126.96.36.199 16:05, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Charon's Shotgun Missing? Edit
Charon refuses to use his own weapon, except for close range (combat knife). Some have stipulated that companion characters will not pick up their weapon if it is shot out of their hands during combat. Can anyone verify this? Since I'm using an xbox 360 I can't just add his shotgun to his inventory via console. He will use any other ranged weapon given provided you also give him ammo. Having to give him ammo is annoying as he is not conservative with it.
- You have to resurrect him. See Talk:Charon%27s_combat shotgun#FIX:_Force_Charon_to_use_his_shotgun_again|here. Note that this is only for the PC version... --188.8.131.52 00:01, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
This happened to me. GOOD NEWS: He uses any weapon you equip him. BAD NEWS: He can never use his shotgun again. Maybe try giving him 44. Magnum or Shotgun Shells?
Wow, two useful replies, (NOT!). Did you read the question? I think characters will only pick up weapons nearby, and during a fight. In one of my games Charon switched from his shotgun to a .44 at close range while fighting a mutant. It seems the weapon was on the floor in the room, as I had never given him any gun or magnum ammo for the reason you state, he blows it away quickly. He is good at close quarters, but from a distance he will simply use it up as fast as he can pull the trigger, (along with his annoying habit of shooting cars, causing them to explode whilst you are next to them). Unless there is a cheat code you can use via the controller, you could be out of luck.
A note Edit
In the game, Azhrukhal pronounced Charon's name as "Sha-ron", but shouldn't it be pronounced "Care-on", like the mythological ferryman of Hades, if this character's name is referencing the same thing, like with Cerberus and the whole Underworld thing. I'd just like to point that out, maybe you guys could add it as a note. 184.108.40.206 12:45, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- It should be pronounced however the developers want it to be pronounced. Language if fluid, so it changes over time, and this is a couple of hundred years into an alternate future - so please, try not to be so pedantic. It's not a good look.
As said in a previous post, it is pronounced Sha - ron
Plus, most ghouls have trouble saying certain letters clearly(at least from what I've heard). JerichoRCDF 14:09, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
"Acheron" sounds like Care-on. "Charon" does not. 220.127.116.11 05:20, January 1, 2010 (UTC)
Charon's dialog bug Edit
After I installed The Pitt DLC I had Charon as a follower, but when I wanted to talk to him I could only see the dialog box but no voice at all, plus the game stucks at that point and I have to reload my game and because of that I can't talk to, trade equipment with, fire Charon or change his tactics. Does anyone know a way to solve this?
Well you know you could try resurrecting him, if you have PC version tho. Do you have the PC vers? Onipix 01:46, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Yes, I have it. And I don't lie when I say I tried using the console to kill and resurrect him, but it's all the same. Not a single grunt from Ol' Charon.
Charon vs Jericho Edit
I honesty dont know who to pick, Jericho is dead useful for stealth (I use that alot) but Charon can pretty much maul everyone with that shotgun of his (Altho Fawkes mauls a helluva more than Charon.) Will the enemy notice me if they only see Charon charging to them? If they dont he can make the perfect diversion. So, who should I pick, Charon or Jericho? Leon5550 09:29, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
- I never tried Jericho myself, But Cheron has done me well enough that I don't usually need to sneak. So I'd say Charon, but I havn't tried Jericho, so keep that in mind :\ 18.104.22.168 15:47, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Jericho is technically weaker then charon, hes kinda like butch,or clover, there decent but Charon/Fawkes/RL-3/dogmeat's puppy(with level 30) still win for the most part so there are better choices.Toolazytomakeaaccount 03:50, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- Jericho's alright as a companion, probably on par with Star Paladin Cross in combat but it's been a while since I've played with my 'evil' character so I may be wrong. ThePog 14:52, January 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Jericho is technically weaker then charon, hes kinda like butch,or clover, there decent but Charon/Fawkes/RL-3/dogmeat's puppy(with level 30) still win for the most part so there are better choices.Toolazytomakeaaccount 03:50, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Charon at Paradise Falls Edit
I'm playing a neutral character, and whenever I go to paradise falls with Charon, he always carries his gun in his hand. Holstered till we reach the main gate, but drawn when we spawn inside. He keeps it drawn until we leave and have an encounter in the Wasteland, then he holsters it. I've not taken any other followers there, so don't know if it happens with them, but it seems really strange. Does this happen with anyone else's game?
- turns out to be a common glitch with all ally's, my star paladin cross is always wielding her Tesla cannon, even when not firing, her hand has it equipped but shes in normal stance, its funny cause the back of the Tesla cannon pops out between her legs..get it? anyway, its a common glitch with most ally's where they just hold there weapons.Toolazytomakeaaccount 03:47, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- My SPC is also having an interesting glitch, often characters will smoke or other activities whilst holding a weapon, however she's holding her Chinese Assault Rifle as though it was a pistol or other one-handed weapon, but switches to a normal stance during conflict!
- turns out to be a common glitch with all ally's, my star paladin cross is always wielding her Tesla cannon, even when not firing, her hand has it equipped but shes in normal stance, its funny cause the back of the Tesla cannon pops out between her legs..get it? anyway, its a common glitch with most ally's where they just hold there weapons.Toolazytomakeaaccount 03:47, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Brotherhood of Steel hostile? Edit
Many ghouls will tell you they don't like DC because the Brotherhood of Steel will shoot them on sight. Will they shoot Charon if i get too close with him?—Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Nope, they don't care. They don't even shoot Fawkes usually. -- Porter21 (talk) 15:23, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
Bethesda should have added some follower dialogue options - [Fawkes] Give me the money or I'll have my buddy RIP OUT YOUR THROAT! - Clover could seduce people - and Butch is useless (I don't like him)22.214.171.124 21:35, September 9, 2009 (UTC)ASDF
PS3 Charon's Shotgun missing!!! help!! Edit
I really don't know why or where it happened but Charon doesn't seem to have his default shotgun anymore, i don't know how to get it back, does any one know this can be done??? OH! and this might have happend looong ago son pleeease don't tell me to load to a point where he still had it....Thnks
An enemy probably shot it out of his hands. There is no way to get it back.--Дикий Человек Вампира 21:06, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
This is Fucked Up Edit
Ok so I escaped raven rock and fast traveled to underworld to get charon without talking to fawkes then i come back and hes gone. But listen it only gets better here i w8 24 hours go to underworld Nope, i go back to raven rock Nope, i decide to go all the way back to vault 87. then i open the reactor door in the vault and charon drops i look at him on the ground it says talk to charon and i search him. Wat the Fuck is happening
maybe invisble deathclaw i dont know just a fucked up glitch
Charon Dissapearing Edit
A while back, I was doing the Tranquility Lane quest whilst I had Charon as a follower, After the quest was over, and I fast travelled to Rivet City with Dad, I noticed that Charon was not with me. I desperately searched the internet scouring for any information to show me where to find him... I found nothing. I searched everywhere; All over Vault 87, My Megaton house, The Ninth-Circle... Yet still zilch... Suddenly It occured to me; During the quest in which you escort the slaves of the Temple of Union to the Lincoln Memorial, It takes them a few days to travel there, as they cannot fast travel, I suddenly realised that the same may apply to Charon! I went back to the Ninth Circle, and found the solution:
Go to the Ninth-Circle and wait for 24 hours, repeat this about 5 times and a message should appear saying: "Charon has returned to the Ninth-Circle!" Once he appears speak to him, he will ask you if you wish for him to follow you again, just as if you'd asked him to wait there! Obviously say yes to his question, as I have had all of the followers, and Charon is by far the best, whenever I get into trouble, or it would help if I had backup, I call for him (I pronounce it as the name; Sharon) I call out in my head "Shaaaron" As Ozzy Osbourne famously did, and surely enough, he helps by blowing the heads of of all of the enemy's extremely quickly with his amazing shotgun that by far outclasses any of the others, including the Terrible Shotgun... That sadly I cannot own...
James Asker here saying: "Have we shared a frosty, ice cold Nuka-Cola yet today? No? Well we ought to fix that now shouldn't we!" 00:56, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I had a similar problem when I came out of Tranquility Lane. Charon was standing there waiting, but as soon as I left, he wasn't following. Make sure you talk to him and tell him to follow you again. If you don't tell him to, then just go back andget him again. ~~Desmond Miles~~
Charon: not healing Edit
I was walking around with alot of supermutants, kicking their butts near L'Enfent Square and his health goes down low during a battle so I figured "he has 10 stimpacks on him, he should heal up." Well we made it through the battle and his health was still low, and I can't figure out how to heal him. I've tried waiting days, sleeping, firing him then waiting a few days to come back, give him more stimpacks, and just tryng to walk it off. This has been going on for anout a week now and I don't want him to die so easily.
Charon disappearance Edit
Okay so I was in the Citadel and I wanted to recruit Star Paladin Cross. Charon was with me at the time so I decided to fire him and let him return to the ninth circle. I then also dismissed Star Paladin Cross and set off to get Dogmeat killed so that I could have both of them with me at the same time. Later on I had Dogmeat killed and set off to go recruit Charon again, but he wasn't at the ninth circle, even after I waited a week for him to return. I've scoured the Citadel and the route I believe he may have taken to return to Underworld, but the waypoint simply gives me a straight line across the river. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where he may be? It would also be very much appreciated if anyone could tell me the specific route that he takes or even if he has a persistent corpse so that I know if he can still be found if he has been killed.
UPDATE: I took Star Paladin Cross to the ninth circle and dismissed her so that I could follow her to the Citadel, hoping that she would take the same route Charon would when he travelled from the Citadel. When she exited Underworld through the door leading to the hall with the damaged skeleton of the T-rex however, she disappeared. She clearly went through the door but when I followed her she had disappeared completely. Upon loading back and trying for a second time, she disappeared again. I'm now beginning to wonder if there is a bug with the doors that causes NPCs to disappear when they attempt to go through them, possibly caused by a DLC pack such as Mothership Zeta. Is this a common problem with a known cause?
Can't recruit Edit
this is is both see if this can be fixed and a warning, in conversation I can't get the option to talk about charon's contract, my best guess is I did so before-hand and after being told to kill someone I refused (good karma character), is there anyway to recruit him or have I lost him now. - RASIC 04:49, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
seemed to work, pity I couldn't take the caps route, I hate using up my mesmetron ammo, the suppiler learnt what the good karma, and ammo wasting route to 'rescue from paradise' is. - RASIC 05:12, 19 August 2009 (UTC)
Hooray I have to use this section again! anyway Charon wnt to talk to his last owner about the contract and then stopped talking and is now just datnding there, anything I can do to make him mine? (PC, so console commands can be solutions) - RASICTalk 23:20 November 7, 2009 (UTC)
Moved from articleEdit
I have moved this from the article as part of the NPC cleanup. This is full of strategies and other misc.
- Charon's default equipment includes a special shotgun: Charon's shotgun, a Combat knife and Leather armor.
- Charon is specialized in small guns, sneak and explosives, but still can use powerful big guns and energy weapons. His unique weapon, Charon's shotgun, has infinite ammo (check the Notes section for more information on this) as well as infinite durability. Like default weapons for other NPCs, this shotgun cannot be traded. Compared to the standard Combat shotgun, Charon's shotgun has far higher accuracy and longer range, at the cost of a smaller magazine size (5 instead of 12). Generally speaking, Charon's shotgun outclasses any other shotgun in the game.
- Despite the fact that its look is identical to the standard combat shotgun, Charon's shotgun appears to be functionally identical to Lincoln's repeater. Charon pumps it after each shot, and it even ejects rifle shells similar to Lincoln's Repeater. If you give him a standard combat shotgun and ammo, he will use it and not pump it.
- Charon can be equipped with alternate armor. He knows how to use Power armor even if the player does not. Giving him the T-51b power armor can be a good choice. His total carrying capacity is 183.5 pounds.
- Charon will equip clothing items which boost his skills or stats, such as the Stormchaser hat or Pre-War bonnet. He therefore seems to prefer Ranger battle armor over even fully repaired Power armor. Charon will also equip all kinds of glasses, sometimes leading to very comedic results. Lincoln's hat in particular emphasizes his larger stature, though bits of his forehead poke through the hat. Be aware that any armor that lowers his agility will have some negative impact on his Small Weapons ability.
- A particularly effective combination appears to be to give Charon Ranger battle armor and a standard Combat helmet along with Desmond's eyeglasses. This combination gives him exceptional protection (45 if all items are fully repaired) along with massive bonuses, including 5 points to his already-excellent Explosives and a whopping 15 points to his Small Guns, along with further bonuses due to the extra Luck and Action Points the Ranger armor gives. He will preferably choose a Power Helmet over glasses and standard combat helmet, but if so you may just want to take any Power Helmet he chooses away from him; a well-repaired Combat Helmet plus Desmond's glasses will give him 6 points of protection whereas most Power Helmets only give 2-4 more points of protection without boosting his combat abilities anywhere near as much. Giving him these glasses will make him look comically like Desmond but will make him incredibly dangerous with small weapons and significantly better with grenades. He seems virtually unstoppable with his standard Shotgun, a fistful of grenades, the Ranger Armor, Desmond's Glasses, and a standard combat helmet, often killing many enemies before you've even had a chance to react to them. And, unlike many forms of Power Armor (such as standard Enclave, Brotherhood, and Outcast), it will not interfere with (will in fact slightly enhance) his excellent Sneak ability. (Many types of Power Armor lower agility, which weakens his Small Arms and Sneak).
- Apart from the looks, giving him headgear that increases perception may further improve his sense of danger (nearby enemies; though he seems to notice them further than a PC's compass radius at 9 PE with his base 7 PE alone). Be advised, however, that Charon can be very aggressive and will chase after enemies that you may not be aware of, and this will occasionally get him in over his head.
- Charon seems to not care about his Big Guns skill when it comes to the Flamer, as he will favor this over his shotgun. This may not be a bug, though, since he is quite effective with it--even more so when he is wearing Linden's Outcast power armor (which suits him nicely by the way, especially when combined with Red's bandana).
- Another good idea (for those who do not have access to any DLC items) is the Xualong Assault Rifle, Ranger Battle Armor and Boogeyman's Hood - this gives him high damage resistance (47 in full repair - one short of standard power armor+helmet) and with the Outcast Collection Agent possible infinite ammo for him. Some may be willing to let him keep his shotgun but in my game someone or something damaged it to about 20% condition so he barely ever used it. He does kick ass with the XAS though. Setimir92 08:01, September 29, 2009 (UTC)
i gave him a hockey mask early on being a ghoul he makes a great jason XD
- Charon is very resilient, able to take significant damage before dying. Most enemies are usually no threat to him unless those enemies are Deathclaws, groups of Giant radscorpions or Enclave soldiers. Due to Charon aiming for the torso instead of the face, Mirelurk hunters can also greatly harm him if the player does not assist. By giving him stimpak or buffout he is able to heal himself. (NOTE: It is possible for Charon to kill two Giant Radscorpions without assistance, but don't push your luck.)
- Charon seems to fearlessly confront any possible enemies and will often notice them and speak out before the player does. He is incredibly accurate with his own shotgun. Occasionally, he will randomly run around and duck for cover.
- Despite his ability to sneak, Charon may not be a great choice for sneaky characters. Even wearing Chinese stealth armor he has a tendency to engage enemies on his own, blowing your team's cover. He also refuses to use silenced projectile weapons such as the Infiltrator because of their weak damage compared to his own shotgun.
- While Charon can hold and use weapons he has ammunition for, it is quite difficult to get him to put down his shotgun. This is due to the fact that a companion will not use a weapon less powerful than their default, and Charon's shotgun is quite strong. He will use Scoped .44 magnum, Chinese assault rifle or Railway rifle over his shotgun. A fully repaired Chinese assault rifle is deadly in Charon's hands, but if you can manage to get the Xuanlong assault rifle then Charon is an invaluable fighter. Charon is also deadly with the blackhawk if you can spare the ammunition.
- Charon tends to fire once or twice at dead enemies. Therefore, it isn't recommended for a player to equip him with precious ammo (i.e; .308 caliber or .44 magnum) unless one has a large supply.
- Charon if shooting at a dead enemy while they are airborne (from a gun shot or falling) the body parts will sometimes fly across the screen. Making it difficult to find the body of the enemy.
- He will sometimes switch over to a melee weapon despite orders, most prevalently the Shishkebab. If you subsequently order him to use ranged combat, he will switch back. Generally he does a decent job at choosing the right weapon for a particular range (e.g. if you give him a Burnmaster and/or Missile launcher in addition to his shotgun). However, the time it takes him to do so, in addition to his weapon's all-round capability and zero ammo consumption, may set off their higher efficiency to the point that it is rarely worth the weight. Also keep in mind that weapons other than his custom shotty can be swatted or shot out of Charon's hands by enemies and easily lost.
- There is a trick to make Charon reload without a time delay. Simply talk to him when fighting, ask for trade (force reload) or just close the dialog when he is about to reload. This can save him from dangerous situations.
- Charon is the only follower who is expert in sneak and explosive weapons. Unless you play a melee character, giving him grenades generally is a good idea. He will use them whenever he cannot get a direct shot in (e.g. when enemies duck behind cover). Listen for him shouting things like 'get down' and watch the grenade marker in order to avoid friendly fire.
- Charon is quite deadly with a Sniper rifle, but because of the rarity of the ammo it makes it quite hard to take care of his weapon. Charon also tends to favor the Reservist's rifle over the Victory Rifle .
- If you give him an Railway rifle , he will burn through the Railway spikes really fast, so if you're near an enemy, you will hear continuous steam whistle sound.
--Kingclyde 04:42, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Should It be noted that he prefers Occam's Razor (100%) over a nearly full repaired Super Sledge? He pulled out the Super Sledge ONLY after he inexplicably dropped it in Old Olney (Found it, though).--Hollow Points 21:51, September 25, 2009 (UTC)Hollow Points
Bugs that need confirmingEdit
- Charon can disappear after the Project Purity rescue mission. He is located in Taft Tunnels. Go to the Citadel and there is a sewer grate on the ground outside the Citadel near the river. Backtrack the exact route you took to rescue the NPCs.<------TRUE
- Those who have downloaded Operation: Anchorage should take note that if you give him weapons such as Jingwei's shocksword (the only one confirmed so far) that the weapon will somehow disappear from both your inventories. There is no currently known way to get it back beside reloading a previous save. Be careful if you're going to give him weapons from a DLC. <------TRUE
- It is possible that Charon will fail to kill Ahzrukhal and thus not follow the player, especially if Ahzrukhal is not tending the bar when Charon goes to confront him. Therefore it is recommended that the player save before acquiring his contract. Sometimes it also happens that Charon gets stuck after killing Ahzrukhal and stands still beside his corpse. A common way to cause this bug is to buy Charon's Contract when the scripts for the NPCs are changing. In other words, if Ahzrukhal was sleeping and on his way to the bar, Charon will just stand there and not attack him, thus breaking the chain of events necessary for him to join you. On the PC you can use the console to reset the variable that tells Charon to kill Ahzrukhal. Click on him in the console and use ResetAI to get him to restart all his scripts.<-----TRUE
- It is possible that when fast traveling to a location which is pretty much open to the wasteland, Charon will run for a long distance and then come back. This can be a problem if he runs into enemies as they will follow him back to the player's location.<-----LIES Definetly true. Very annoying.
- A bug can occur where his hand turns into what looks like a wing (as below). This can occur at random when out on the wasteland fighting a Radscorpion. It is known to disappear upon entering Paradise Falls. TRUE,HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH ALL COMPANIONS/PEOPLE
- Charon may very occasionally attack the residents of Megaton after fast traveling. This bug has occurred on several PC saves. It is unknown why Charon may randomly attack the Megaton residents. If you are not paying attention he can wipe out the whole town, as the residents will not turn hostile to you when he attacks them and he is strong enough to kill all of them with a bit of luck, including the companion Jericho. He is also known to do this to the Brahmin outside of the Regulator HQ.<-----LIES Not lies. happened to me on PS3 126.96.36.199 00:29, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Upon entrance of the Test Labs in Vault 87 with Charon, after completing the Finding Garden Of Eden quest, Charon was lifeless on the floor by the door while retaining his health and still being prone to damage, after making him hostile and putting away your weapon you can talk to him and give him a command like wait or you're fired and will then remain on the floor as if unconscious. Attempting to talk to him opens an empty inventory (even if he has the items you equipped him with) as does pickpocketing. After passing through a loading door into a new area, his body will appear and drop by the door before your screen loads yet he doesn't follow you. (This happened to me on the way to get Fawkes out of the test labs after he glitched and stayed there instead of meeting me outside raven rock.)<-----TRUE
- Giving Charon certain pieces of clothing (such as Tesla Armour) may cause him to vanish, leaving only a floating armor to talk to(Unconfirmed). This may also be caused by the activation of a stealth boy in his inventory upon the equipping of power armor.LIES!
- Charon can somehow lose his shotgun either when in battle or some other way. If this happen he was no longer use his shotgun and the only weapon he can use is his knife.(Unless you provide him with weapons)<------LIES Nope, very true. It's discussed above. If its shot out of his hand or repeatedly damaged by taking direct hits it can both be lost in the wasteland and completely degraded.
- If you do the mission in order to gain Charon; after you have killed Greta if the ghouls are hostile and you retreat back into the Ninth Circle Charon and Ahzrukhal will attack you.<------TRUE
- Even when told to used ranged weapons, he will switch to the Shishkebab when it is given to him.<-----LIES!
- Charon occasionally ignores orders to stay where he is and will pursue and attack an enemy if one is nearby.<------LIES,STANDARD COMPANION MECHANIC
- Charon may sometimes become frozen, either in mid-air, on the ground or in the gound. During this, you are unable to speak to him, as the cursor won't even mark that you're looking at Charon. You can run through him (he doesn't clip) and no animations are played on him. The only thing that lets you know he's there, is that you can see him, and the tick on the compass pointing at him is visible. To fix this, fast-travel far away from your current location (forcing a complete reload of the world scenery). Fast-traveling to a place you can't see is a way of measuring this, as that would be far enough.<------LIES
- If Charon dies for whatever reason, and the play loots his body, a glitch can occur in which Charon's leather armor can mysteriously disappear. If the play takes items from Charons body one at a time, his body will continue to wear the armor. But if the player takes everything at once his clothing will be gone too. Note that on the 360 version, the player is not allowed to have Charons leather armor.<------LIES!CHARONS ARMOR IS ALWAYS UNOBTAINABLE EXCEPT FOR PC USERS!
- I had charon as an earlyer follower but he died early in the game during the quest reily's rangers now many game hours later i have instaled the ADD ON;s the pitt and broken steel and i got a pop-up of charon has returned to the ninth circle so i went there but couldn't find him i was wandering if it is a bug or not
Please confirm these bugs if they are still valid and add a note (confirmed xyz) where xyz=which platform. Thanks for helping us keep Fallout Wiki up to snuff!--Kingclyde 04:56, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- I did some minor confirming,ones labelled LIES! are lies,ones labelled TRUE are true,and have happend to me on the Xbox and PC versions. Captain TattyBoJangles Care to talk? 11:47, September 11, 2009 (UTC) So because they have not happened to you they cannot be true..... Well, I have experienced three of the things you so bluntly declare lies 188.8.131.52 15:38, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Charon cannot be recruited if Ahzrukhal is killed before his quest is completed, as Charon's contract can only be obtained through completion of the quest. Charon will simply tell the Wanderer talk to Ahzrukhal, even if Ahzrukhal is dead. <---LIES (The
killcommand console can make this happen but, killing Ahzrukhal without getting noticed will result a firefight between the residents of Underworld, Charon and Sydney). 184.108.40.206 03:40, April 30, 2015 (UTC)
When was he ghoulified? Edit
Is he a pre-war ghoul? You know, alive for 200 years? Kinda like Desmond. I need to know because I'm writing a book and I'm mentioning his family. Please reply--220.127.116.11 20:46, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
He says nothing about his family. But it says something about some people brainwashing him and making him obey who ever holds his contract.--Kirby888 23:01, September 20, 2009 (UTC)
Charon won't accept anything Edit
charon died when i was getting jigg's loot and when i beat the game again just when i started take it back it said charon returned to the ninth circle i couldn't find him so i simply used the console to bring him to me when i talked to him everything seemed fine until i asked him to trade equipment then he was like "Very Well" and the inventory box didn't show up so i fired him and re-hired him.Then,the same happened again anyone know what I did wrong i have a couple dlcs if that is the problem
Terms of Charon's Contract, apparently Edit
I just found out that Charon's contract is null and void upon his death.
Charon and myself were pondering around the Wastes, heading up to Paradise Falls on my new character. Sadly, an Albino Radscorpion offed him in a few strikes. After felling the beast, I was mournful at the loss of Charon, so I used the resurrect command.
Thusly, he resurrected. I spoke to him, and he replied "No-Go talk to Ahzrukhal." Surprised, I look at his dialogue options, and find one I never saw before: "How did you end up employed by...?"
I don't know if this is some kind of Easter egg or whether it's one of his normal dialogue options that I never saw before, but it made me laugh.
---Same thing for me. He died after being cornered with several Feral Ghouls. Any ideas as to what console commands can be used to correct him and give back the contract? Maybe using the setstage quest command?
Sneaking with Charon? Edit
So my character has 100 sneak skill. Since I picked up Charon, I put him in some regular Power Armor, and now everywhere he goes with me, I am having loads of trouble sneaking succesfully. Is there anything I can do about this? Or is it maybe just my imagination? --18.104.22.168 03:54, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- Fire him and use Chinese Stealth Armor. Really, the companions are as bad at sneaking as Ian is at aiming his SMG. Nitty 03:55, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
- I thought this might be the case. I'll just equip him with some good gear and go pick him up when I know I'm going to need some muscle. Thanks. --22.214.171.124 04:28, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
I haven't experienced this problem. 100 sneak not using Ranger armor, Charon is in Hellfire Power Armor, and I can still consistently sneak around at about the same effectiveness as I could before. Charon sometimes breaks his cover and attacks before I do, but if I'm not close to him I find that I'm still hidden and can still land a sneak attack critical. This is on the XBOX with all DLC. Perhaps your pipboy light is on? Are you in power armor? --Ocdscale 18:28, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
Strange recurring bug with Charon Edit
About 50% of the time I load into a new area, Charon's shotgun will be in his hand instead of on his back, but he still walks as if he weren't holding the shotgun (meaning his animation is that of having no weapon drawn, but the weapon is there in his right hand). When this happens, anything the gun touches as he walks by that isn't fixed in place, i.e. corpse ragdolls, gets knocked out of the way. This happens to everything from Radroach corpses to Super mutant behemoth corpses. It doesn't really effect anything except the ragdolls he bumps into and the fact that he has a gun in his hand. Does this happen to anyone else, or is this just me? I also notice this happening to the citizens in Megaton sometimes. --126.96.36.199 03:39, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
It happens to me too it is just an error in the game I enjoy how it looks personlly I also have the problem with Cross some.Jbsnicket 22:58, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
charon disappeared Edit
after i downloaded broken steel and finished the game with Charon he disappeared. i lookked every place where he could be. does anybody know where he might be??--188.8.131.52 13:04, November 1, 2009 (UTC)
SOLUTION: Immediately after waking up, rest for 24 hours in the citadel medbay. (The room you woke up in) Charon should suddenly appear after you wake up. This worked for me when I had Charon, Fawkes, & Dogmeat in my party.
dissapearing armor? Edit
i gave Charon winterized combat armor and the helmet, after god knows how long i go to check on him, hes still wearing the armor and helmet, but the helmet doesn't show up in his inventory, is this a legit bug? just wondering.Toolazytomakeaaccount 03:23, November 12, 2009 (UTC
I don't know if these two coincide or not but on my game, Charon had died a long time ago. Not disappeared, just died. So anyways I get the DLC and puppies, and when Pup dies, it popped up with the message saying he was waiting at vault 101, followed by one saying Charon was at the ninth circle O.o did these two somehow coincide with one another? Or was it another random glitch/bug?
No, i got something like that before, I had the robot (can't remember name) and he died and after a couple days (maybe longer) it said he returned to wherever he returns to upon being fired, it just means that their body has de-spawned (and any items on the body will be in a circle around where the body was) they didn't actually respawn or anything, so it's probably just a glitch. It confused me for a while until i went to where he died at and i found all of the useless items i left on his body in a circle where his body was at. CountryStrong106 (talk) 03:34, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Just wanted to start a section here(where it belongs, i believe) for people to write down any armor/hat/mask/glasses combos that they think makes charon look cool. I'll start. Hellfire Armor(Broken Steel) and Confederate Hat(Point Lookout). They are nearly the same color(don't quote me on that, I am partially color blind). I think it makes him look awesome. JerichoRCDF 14:18, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- I love him in a simple Combat Armor and Sheriff's Har. Tinted Reading Glasses give it a nice touch. Setimir92 21:52, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
- i like him in winterized combat armor helm/and armor, also i cant be sure but this might belong on a forum, as best as i can tell, don't both with moving it unless a moderator sais so though.Toolazytomakeaaccount 17:08, December 4, 2009 (UTC)
i cant find my followers Edit
you see i have six followers... fawkes,charon, rl-3, dogmeat, and star paladin. now i just finished the game by entering the purifier. and when my character woke up from the 2 week coma only fawkes dogmeat and rl-3 are there. i looked everywhere and i cant find the other three!!!! can someone hep me?
Help needed after Charon died. Edit
Charon died a while back when I told him to wait outside the anchorage memorial (I was going in there solo for the WSG Quest) and when I came out, a message popped up saying he died. I wanted him back so I used the console to resurrect him, but now he keeps saying "go talk to azhrukal". I tried a lot of stuff to fix this, resurrected azhrukal, removed Charon's contract from my inventory and resurrected Greta to try to do the quest to hire Charon again but theres no option to start the quest again when engaging conversation with him.
Help would be greatly appreciated :]
- Chose charon and use: set charonkillahzrukhalscenestart to 0. - RASICTalk 00:06, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
--- The console doesn't seem to know "set charonkillahzrukhalscenestart 0",any other sugestions?
Infinite Ammo Edit
I'm using the GoTY Edition for 360 and had this fun glitch occur where I gave Charon a Tri-Beam Laser Rifle and it somehow replaced his Combat Shotgun as his primary weapon. He got all the perks of his unique weapon but with the Tri-Beam meaning unlimited ammo! I'm not sure how it happened but I've been trying to repeat it in my new file. Anyone else have this occur with Charon or any other followers? 184.108.40.206 17:31, January 14, 2010 (UTC)
charon refuses to equip my minigun? Edit
alright, any help here would be fantastic. see, i wanna make charon my "big guns" companion, but i gave him a fully repaired, 130+ damage mini gun with over 300 5mm bullets. jericho will use it, but charon wont. is there any trick to getting him to use it? ive tried like, 4 other miniguns but nothing makes this buttlicker use them! he uses a gatling laser, so im not sure why a minigun doesnt suit his fancy.... any ideas? or is this a regular occurance, and im unaware?
Charon wont come with me! Edit
He keeps saying that i have someone with me, i bought his contract, and he sees me as his emplayer, but the game seems to think i have a companion already. im playing on the PS3 GOTY edition, so wtf is going on? It may have something to do with the Puppies perk, because i got that perk and had dogmeat be "mysteriously" attake by two deathclaws to get my puppy, i went to get him, then went to the underworld to buy Charon.
Charon Wont Follow Edit
After downloading and completing "Mothership Zeta" (Note: I've also downloaded all DLCs and completed all save "Broken Steel"), when I return to the 9th circle to get Charon to follow me again, he refuses saying I already have someone in my employ. Thing is, I have no one following me. Even dogmeat's puppy is left at my megaton house. I've looked this up several times and can find no mention of a similar bug. I'm using the 360 platform. Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Otherwise, I'm going to have to kill Charon to get my equipment back. 220.127.116.11 19:13, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Im having the same problem with my PS3 GOTY
charon has low hp compared to fawkes and dogmeat. Edit
Charon has very low hp compared to fawkes. I know Fawkes is a super mutant, but I did getav health on charon and on fawkes whle I am level 30. Charon has 365 hp and fawkes has a whopping 15000 hp. I wanted to see how easy it was to kill charon, I got my perferator and killed him in seconds. I also tryed this on fawkes with a fatman and it took much longer to kill. I almost ran out of mininukes. I am of now evil and ill have to be good to get back fawkes cause i went to the pitt and sided with the evil people. Gary 23 10:31, February 25, 2010 (UTC) i just got dogmeat and he too apparently has 15000 hp and charon has 365 Gary 23 15:43, February 25, 2010 (UTC)
Charon glitches?? Edit
==EVerytime I talk to Charon, he won't talk, but the subtitles with appear. The game will also freeze up and you cant skip his dialogue. The real problem is when you have the dlc broken steel and when you ask him to join you again after the mission ("take it back") the game will freeze up when you talk to him< therefore making him un-usable. Help??`
Chat page cleaned up. I got onto it, and I was like -.- So enjoy the new cleaned up page. And don't bitch if your stuff has been removed. You're lucky I left the unsigned stuff. If you claim to know a glitch, prove it. If you can't spell, get a spell checker. If English is not your first language, DONT SPEAK IT. Vault-BA 00:39, August 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm presuming from that last comment that speakers of Japanese, Chinese, French, German, and so on should post in their native languages. That doesn't seem a very useful policy to me (well, maybe to me, since I read Chinese, Japanese, and French, but I'm guessing not to you). On the other hand, if it's meant as a criticism of ungrammatical English, it comes rather oddly from the pen of a writer capable of producing the phrase "...and I was like -.-"
- Remember the guy who dressed in the style you'll be familar with from the Pip-Boy picture of "The Last, Best Hope of Humanity," the one who lived a couple of thousand years ago? He had some useful advice: "And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye?" I'm not a huge fan of him in general, but that's good advice. Listen to it.
Stupid Charon (And clueless Charon) Edit
what the hell???? i bought Charon's contract and didn't take it from Azhurakhal's dead body (cause didnt kill him, Azhur-whats-his-name, was perfectly ALIVE when I got it, and when I talked to Charon Azhurkhal was alive too) and talked to Charon and he just said "talk to Ahzrukhal." and i was like "wtf?????" and i choose the dialogue subject "yeah, but-" "TALK. TO. AZHURKHAL." just gave away 2000 caps for NOTHING. that ghoul bastard!! i know its a bug or something... ;( ...just wasted 2000 caps for 6 damn words...
hey its the same girl who wrote the stupid charon story. tell me if you had any bugs like this or something to do with charon being bugged?!? btw, i restarted and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, didn't help.... so am i just stuck with a loss of 2000 caps or what??!!
you should have just started from last save file or autosave file and tried again. If not it's no big deal, 2000 caps isn't that much, I've got 12000 caps atm and nothing to really spend them on, and there is better companions available.18.104.22.168 09:13, June 22, 2010 (UTC)
thanks. i never thought of that before. i did create a save file before i bought that contract :) thanks, man/lady lol
Lost his shotgun?? Edit
Charon used to use his shotgun. But after I fired him and rehired him, he just uses his knife. Even if I tell him to go to range weapons, he still fights enemies with knife even if they are out of range. Any idea on how this could Of happend???
I've had that. It's because it's condition fades as it's shot & it is dropped or flies off when it's condition hits 0%.BLACK LENNY 04:13, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
maybe because its in poor condition where he cant use it?
try shotgun shells?XxX22.214.171.124 09:54, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
A new gun possibly?Blahmarrow 23:44, September 8, 2010 (UTC)
A Better Charon Article Edit
I have made a Charon article recently that is better. Look at it and if you have any questions just ask me.
OzzyFallout 07:18, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
modsXxX126.96.36.199 09:52, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
CHARON GONE Edit
I did mission tranqulity ane with charon as my follower but when I came out of the pod he was gone and I cant get a new follower help!!!
He should be standing next to the pod you got out of.BLACK LENNY 08:19, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
stuff to make Charon deadly Edit
you can make charon deadly by adding a t-51b, a magnum or Chinese assalt rifle, some .44 ammo or 5.56 ammo, some Granades, Stimpaks, a Flamer, some flamer fuel, And a Shishkabob.
Magnum: when charon uses the magnum he does a kill here a kill thare
Granades: charons a follower that doesent rapidly use granades plus he's good with them
Flamer: When enimies get to Close he pulls out his flamer and toasts them
Shishkabob: When tactics are turned on close combat he'll slash and burn them to a crisp
Chinese assalt rifle: a bloodbath when its in Charon's hands
XxX188.8.131.52 12:49, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
Charon disappeared on me Edit
i did the mission where u have to escape from raven rock and i accepted fawks to be my follower and i cant remember where charon goes after you fire him
- Back where you got him. --Kris mailbox 21:14, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
- He goes back to underworld, in the meuseum of history sitting on a table in the ninth circle bar.
Charon & Anton Chigurh Edit
Charon reminds me of a ghoulified Chigurh from no country for old men.184.108.40.206 23:25, September 8, 2010 (UTC)Goo
charon on mine seems to us his shot gun like a lever action rifle, the sounds and the animation are the same as one. also its a lot more accurate then a regular shot gun, almost as if it is loaded with slugs instead of shells. it doesn't causes any issues but it does look kinda weird
That's his unique shotgun. It fires about 5 small bullets instead of lots of little pellets.--BLACK LENNY 19:29, October 7, 2010 (UTC)
Questioning about Mr. Crowley Edit
According GECK, there are several dialog lines for Charon that I never had seen in a game, including questioning him about Mr. Crowley with a speech check, some idle conversation with Ahzrukhal, and, with Broken Steel, option to ask him how he ended up at Ahzrukhal employee. I never had seen anything of these in game. Are those options disabled, bugged or I just never fulfilled the requirements to activate them?
- What does he say? 220.127.116.11 19:16, March 17, 2011 (UTC)Kaz
If you hire him right away, the opportunity doesn't normally arise to have these conversations with Charon. However, messing around with console commands on PC (such as resurrecting Ahzrukhal if Charon's already killed him and talking to him about Crowley) sometimes will open them up. You can question Charon about Crowley and subsequently do the speech challenge if he's your follower. That conversation goes like this:
Player Character: What's the deal with Crowley?
Charon: Ahzrukhal doesn't like it when I talk about his customers.
PC: (speech challenge) Come on. You can tell me. Ahzrukhal said so. <lie.>
(succeed) Charon: Oh, well that's different. You're the third human he's tried to get to kill those guys. He won't ask me, or anyone else in Underworld. It's kind of weird. (fail) Charon: Get Lost.
(If choosing to opt out of the speech challenge)
PC: Sorry. Just forget it. Charon: You're too nosy for your own good. It can be a dangerous habit.
The other conversation option you can have with Charon is probably only available if you don't hire him and talk to Ahzrukhal first. I'm not sure when/why it appears normally in the flow of the game since again, I resurrected Charon using console commands when he died and he reappeared exactly as he was before I hired him and that's when the new conversation option appeared. (note: doing this makes him think that you aren't his employer, even if you have his contract. I had to reload the game to get him back as a follower). Anyway, here it is.
PC: How did you end up working for... Charon: Not your business. / Not going to talk about it. Don't ask.
Those two answers are the only thing(s) he answered with.
Help for 5 specific followers. Edit
I'm thinking about having 5 followers:Cross, Charon, Dogmeat, RL-3 and Butch, but I'm not sure how. I already have dog meat, and was thinking about hiring with Cross, going to underworld, fire her, hire Charon and when he kills Azrukhal hire cross. Then go for RL-3 and fire Charon and before RL-3 talks to me, rehire Charon and repeat the step for Butch. Cross won't leave once my karma goes to neutral, right? --TheReaver74 16:52, March 9, 2011 (UTC)
Added background Edit
Just added what little background there is on him to the main article. 18.104.22.168 00:21, March 24, 2011 (UTC)Kaz
I resurrected him but he's acting like I don't have his contract. How do I fix this? 22.214.171.124 10:12, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
Cant find Charon during the Broken Steel add on. Edit
i went into the purifier and had Charon as a follower but when i woke up he wasnt there and isnt at the nineth circle.
Multi-Companion glitch Edit
I've seen a number of people saying that Charon will join you the first time regardless of whether you have a companion or not at the time, but I haven't been able to accomplish this. Are there any other requirements to make this glitch work? TheShotgunShogun 07:32, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Funny Stuff Edit
This won't help anybody do anything but I have to say that I find it hilarious when you're just in your house, and he says "I don't like the look of this place". Like dude, this is my house, that's not on.
Best substitute for Charon's shotgun if it disappears? Edit
Somehow Charon lost his shotgun somewhere, maybe inside Vault 108 and I didn't notice it until I got out of Raven Rock, using a Missile Launcher instead. ( I fired him before I got to the ending of Vault 87, so he didn't lose it there. ) If anybody's opinion what would probably be the best substitute for a weapon for Charon? He's using a Combat Knife now and he'll use a 10mm Submachine Gun too but I don't have too much ammo.
Best substitute for a weapon?