Maybe since you have the option to go to HELIOS ONE before this quest, as part of the boomers' quests, you should plan ahead, and set the HELIOS ONE to the ARCHII power configuration, have the EUCLID C-FINDER, and use the EUCLID C-Finder to assassinate the president. Though, it could also take out the other legion agent. Worth giving a try. Dark Technician 19:01, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I thought assassinations were supposed to be stealthy. Yuri Kaslov 19:04, October 28, 2010 (UTC)
- If you want stealthy, I just found out you can sneak-attack critical the president AND everyone within several meters of him with Annabelle. ^_^ Naturally, in a fit of giggles I reloaded and did it again another 3 times just to make sure. I think Cato Hostilius was in there somewhere, but I didn't lose any Legion rep because it was a sneak-attack. =D ~ SotiCoto 19:35, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
This page needes to be redone Edit
Nowhere on this page does it say how to get past the rangers s they don't shoot you. All it says is don't let them see you, but they are everywhere. How do you get past them without them seeing you?
You do it by sneaking around the corner. But problem I have is that I can't meet back with Cato because the fucker is standing right there with the troopers. I went in behind the Ranger's back through the front door, and then down and around to the third tower (careful, it's a maze down there, easy to get lost), sniped the trooper in the second tower from the third tower, then just walked out on the road from the third to the second tower and put on the Ranger's uniform from the second tower. It's a clear view to the place where the President should show up. But the President never shows up.
Cato Hostilius Edit
It does not point out the location of Cato, could be a nice feature.
It does actually, but not until after you leave the Fort.
This Page is a MessEdit
Some serious clean up is needed here. I don't have time to do it now. I don't think we need four note sections. Also, the word "I" doesn't belong here. --18.104.22.168 17:51, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
How am I suppose to tell Cato we are ready when... Edit
The damn guy is sitting with all the troopers!
- One part outfit, one part high Sneak score, and one part waiting until they move away from him. Forgot how to sneak? ~ SotiCoto 19:28, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
GAAAH!! ANOTHER CRASH Edit
I have to say this is the worst crash/freeze area in the whole game, even when doing the quests to save the president I have had numerous freezes and crashes on the PS3. I know some say the thorn is the worst, but I didn't have a single problem with the thorn.
Sniping Kimball from near the Visitor Center Edit
I'm adding a simple yet effective method: after talking to Cato it's possible to go to some rocks near a sandbag that are directly in front of the Visitor Center doors, crouch between the ridge and a large rock, and from there you can snipe Kimball while he walks to the stage, and if you do it with a suppressed weapon, nobody goes hostile. Even if you use a normal weapon, people will go hostile but won't spot you and it's quite easy to just sneak away, since there is only one Ranger nearby. If you get the location right it's even possible to get a clear shot at the stage, but some invisible boxes around rocks and the monument may obstruct you. Screenshot1 Screenshot2 22.214.171.124 11:32, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
I would highly recommend saving before staring this quest, in my experience this quest is impossible without a stealth boy if you have a bad reputation with the NCR
^ It's perfectly possible, that's what the disguise is for. Just keep your distance from the Rangers. 126.96.36.199 21:32, March 3, 2011 (UTC)
Page re-done Edit
I've fixed up the page in line with the categories suggested in the Quests Project. All the original stuff everyone added is still there, I just moved it all around a bit.
I put all the special methods under an Assassination Methods heading because it seemed like the best way to list them, rather than under the walkthrough.
Re: reaching Cato when he's near the stage: some people seem to find this nearly impossible. SOmetimes it is, and sometimes the Rangers are wandering a bit further away... however the most effective way to make it easier is to use a Stealth Boy, which I've mentioned in the walkthrough, right after the mention of the disguise.
188.8.131.52 07:24, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Can i destory the enclave vertibird like this time(Vvardenfell 14:54, May 21, 2011 (UTC))
Drawn weapons Edit
Does drawing a weapon up the detection range of the NCR troops during this quest. I was way back from the rock wall behind that raised wall, still reading Hidden on the top of the screen. Yet the second I pulled it out I was istantly discovered, even though I made sure all the NCR Rangers weren't facing me at the time. Great Mara 05:09, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
- When I rewrote the article I addressed that. Certain actions near the visitor center seem to be wonky, for instance killing Jensen or any of the rangers near the center will alert the NCR (and fail the quest unless the president has already arrived then they just rush him to the vertibird or into the visitor center) even if no one saw the act. Also getting near rangers close to the visitor center, even while hidden causes them to become hostile even if they do not detect you. The only ranger I was able to kill without showing my hand to the NCR was the one on the tower behind the stage and nowhere near the visitor center. As to drawn weapons specifically any weapon being drawn near the visitors center (even while hidden) will cause the NCR to react as though the president was under attack yet they will not be immediately hostile to the player unless they are detected or the NCR see through the disguise. Mictlantecuhtli 17:42, August 4, 2011 (UTC)
Method I used to complete this quest really fast. Edit
I tried many times to get it done and everytime they opened fire on me. What I did this time was to make a save around the corner, just after crossing the bridge, and popped 5 stealth boys. Then, while crouched of-course, walk over to Cato, try to not get to close to the Rangers. I got right up behind him as close as I could, press L3 to stand up and X to talk to him right away. After I finished talking to him I hit L3 again immediately. I looked around and everyone was still "friendly". Then I just walked over to the ladder and up to where the Bear Force One lands and popped on the bomb. Then I went back down the ladder and headed back to the location where I made the save. If heading back there you can see some sandbags on your right. I went to the 2nd one just to be a little further away. I waited behind those until the speech was over. Now I said that I popped 5 stealth boys. Doing this gave me enough time to sneak in, plant the bomb and wait by the sandbags until it exploded. After it exploded I didn't see anyone run towards me or anything so maybe you won't need that many once your hiding & waiting.
- You'd need even fewer if you had Stealth Girl, as it'd up the duration. The rangers have high perception, its not a bug they detect the player easily. The quest requires precise movement and intimate knowledge of the stealth formula. Mictlantecuhtli 14:43, October 26, 2011 (UTC)
Importance of Cassandra Moore
The quest kept failing on me as soon as I got it from Caesar, so I used the console to try to alter the stages. It seems the game runs a check to see if Colonel Cassandra Moore is alive, which makes sense as she introduces the President before his speech. By resetting her (kill, disable, enable, respawn) with the console the quest fixed itself and I could proceed normally.
As far as I can tell, this only happens if she is killed in the presence of the player before she is removed by failing the quest Don't Tread on the Bear. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, in light of this should her page be changed?
The Direct Method! Edit
Put on NCR armor. Talk to Cato. Activate Stealth Boy. Sneak-run to ladder. Lie in wait beside entrance. Whip out Li'l Devil so you qualify for Sic Semper Tyrannis. One shot to the head does it! Then return to hiding until everyone goes non-hostile again. Return and report your success. ???. PROFIT!!!
The funniest part when I did it was after I just finished ASSASSINATING PRESIDENT KIMBALL, which should be a bit of a big deal, then returned to hiding undetected, everyone ran around hostile for a bit, then someone said "Guess it was nothing" and everything went back to normal. Really? It was nothing? There's just a dead president at your feet, that's all. But other than that, it's nothing.