This better not be a Barret .50 knockoff :/ Josrence44 20:24, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
What's your problem with a barret .50? It was in Fallout 2. It was called the Bozar. I hope this one is called the Bozar too, for old times sake.18.104.22.168 17:13, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
To be honest It'd be a game breaker for me if it fired as fast as it did in the COD series. Although, I'd LOVE to see the Bozar back again. Josrence44 20:30, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
I quote: "The Bozar may have been repurposed during the game's development: it behaves like a minigun, but is modelled after the Barret M82 .50 caliber anti-material rifle. In fact, the in-game description even implies that the weapon is supposed to be a sniper rifle rather than an automatic (and inaccurate) heavy support weapon."
The bozar was supposed to be a barret .50, but they screwed up and accidentally made it functionally into a .223 gatling gun that perplexingly has only one barrel.22.214.171.124 21:01, May 11, 2010 (UTC)
How can you not like the Barrett .50 cal Sniper Rifle?! It is the COOLEST sniper rifle in existince, and is the perfect weapon to serve as the anti-material rifle. Have you ever seen what the Barrett can actually do in real life?! One video showed the Barrett shooting through 2 walls slamming 2 terrorists in Afghanistan blowing their gore on the wall opposite them! That'd be so damn cool in this game. Forerunner
^ Learn to add a signature. Also, how can we not like it? Not everyone requires overcompensation. But I digress, how is that relevant? Breadwinner 18:02, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
Ok Breadwinner my John Hancock is Forerunner, and for relevance, this article began for peoples' opinions and now I'm expressing mine, and how I personally believe that the Barrett M82 would be a great part of the game, instead of the rather dull, static sniper model they constantly use for the Default Sniper Rifle. Also if there was going to be any anti-materiel sniper rifle the Barrett M82 would be a fitting model for it. Forerunner 2:35, August 4, 2010.
I'm pretty sure the discussion page is actually here to discuss moderation and information required for the article.
"instead of the rather dull, static sniper model they constantly use for the Default Sniper Rifle" Do elaborate on what you mean by that; which constantly used static default sniper rifle are you talking about, exactly? And from what titles are you applying that to?
"Also if there was going to be any anti-materiel sniper rifle the Barrett M82 would be a fitting model for it." There are other 50. calibre anti-material rifles than the Barrett. I don't think the Barrett fits the mould of a gritty post apocalyptic setting where weapons should look second hand and on the worse for wear side it looks far to modern and synthetic. Regardless, it isn't a Barrett M82 anyway. Breadwinner 10:43, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
As a response to your first comment "I'm pretty sure the discussion page is actually here to discuss moderation and information required for the article". I am discussing the topic, and creating my own personal opinion, thats what the Discussion Section is for.
And as for my previous comment on the Dull Static Default Sniper Rifle is the one from Fallout 3, and by static I mean constant, never changing, its a bolt-action rifle, and the AM Rifle is going to be, again. Victory Rifle, same texture and mesh, Reservist Rifle, same texture and mesh, and the common Sniper Rifle, same texture and mesh. That is what I mean when I say "static".
And as support for my idea of the Barrett being a more fitting model for this sniper rifle is because its the primary Anit-Materiel Rifle being used in the United States Armed Forces, why not use the Barrett instead of a FRENCH gun?! What would a French Sniper Rifle even be doing in America, it doesn't make any sense at all. Forerunner.
Was the M82 around in the 50's? So how would there be a Barret when they started production in '82? How would a french gun be there?!? IT DOSNT MAKE SENSE! It dosnt have to, it is a completely different universe. P.S. use the siggy button. --J.J.-Lopez 14:47, September 20, 2010 (UTC)
Go to a gun show... Guns from every where all in one place. Besides, it's america! We're loaded with guns from all over the world! Billytheboy 21:33, August 24, 2010 (UTC)
Pah. I see your overexposed Barret and raise you a DSR-1 as the coolest sniper rifle. Joking aside, what is it about gun discussion pages that makes them...well, you know: full of 'experts' and usually uncivil? 126.96.36.199 13:56, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Where in the preview was it said that the Anti Materiel Rifle resembles the Barret M82? Ghostdigga 19:12, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
- There's only one really functional .50 sniper rifle design. Nitty Tok. 02:19, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Are you kidding? There are dozens of .50 sniper rifles designs that function as good as or better than the Barret, so... I ask again, where has this been confirmed? Ghostdigga 08:13, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Seems Ausir changed it, it's been deconfirmed I guess, but still where in the hell did you guys get that idea? Ghostdigga 10:17, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Hei man, I know it's not corfirmed, I just, you know, it's pre-realesed information, just gave it a kick, trying to help, and it certanly does resemble the M82, just search it up you 'll get what I mean, at least I didn't sayed F:NV is a F3 DLC....
Am I really the only one noted that the bluk of the page is made up of people "yelling" at each other about what the weapon design may have come from? Please do note that the weapon design doesn't matter--Artemis128 03:40, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
The Spelling Edit
Correct. Insane! 19:30, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Dammit the man's right. 'Materiel' refers to military and commercial equipment. And i felt that wonderful righteous indignation for a moment too. Damn you wikiJamesTkurk 08:07, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
Check out the E3 trailer- the AM rifle is featured prominently in it- and it's not a Barret of any kind. It's... it's... I don't know what it is.
I'd reccomend mining the trailer for screens.188.8.131.52 06:00, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
It looks like an AR-184.108.40.206.204 06:02, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
It seems like a chey tac intervention with no carry handle and a barrett style muzzle break. So far it's the only gun i can thinc of with a retracting stock like that.
Looks like it's a PGM Hecate II
With an intervention style stock? Someone on the Bethesda forums suggested this and it looks like a match.220.127.116.11 18:36, June 12, 2010 (UTC)
on closer look it looks like a vsk94 with an extende barrel,muzzlebreak and an interventon stock.
^^^^ Someone needs to learn to sign their messages. Anyway, on closer look it looks exactly like a PGM Hecate II. And I did some digging, it doesn't even need have an intervention style stock, I saw some models of the Hecate II that had skeletal stocks similar to the one in the game.18.104.22.168 23:02, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
^ I concur. Plus it's far less far fetched than all these "Barrett muzzle break, intervention stock, this-that guns body style" mashup. The PGM hecate II also suits the fallout 'busted up rugged looking' style far better than those synthetic polymer weapons. Just take a look at the AMR, and this picture from wikipedia, and compare them. They are almost identicle. Breadwinner 16:51, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
I do concur, in doubtably ol' chap O'Im a blimy twit, god have you ever read what you type?! God you sound like your just trying to sound like your propa' and of higha class. Stop sounding like a snob talking down to people.
^ I apologize that not everyone's vocabulary is as sub-par as yours is. First off: Sound like? I'm typing, you don't hear anything. And of course I read what I type, that's why my posts don't contain crude attempts at limey stereotype speak, or poor sentence structure riddled with terrible wording such as "you sound like your just trying to sound like" not least the poor grammatical skills that are also included. But I digress, the only considerable "Snobbish" thing I said was "I concur"; is that what you're basing your argument on? I'm afraid that's your inability to comprehend such a simple word. Never you fear however, I wasn't talking down to anyone. Well perhaps you're an exception since you're an utter presumptuous twat. Breadwinner 08:54, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
I had no idea that so many people didn't know that material and materiel are actually two different words, and that used in their right contexts both are correct. I thought it was more commonly known. Then again, this is the internet. I like how several users on this wiki are quite articulate and have an extensive vocabulary. It's a refreshing change from crap like "omg itz killin my lyf soo fcukn badli fall out pwnz sum1 plz t3ll me wenz new vagas cummin out Plz sub" that you see on Youtube, etc... MuzRat 06:46, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
Page Lock Edit
I think this page needs to be locked for a bit because people keep changing it to whatever they feel it looks closest to. We should lock it till we come to a concensus. Knight Captain Ski (radio) 22:24, June 13, 2010 (UTC)
Grammar Nazi Edit
I believe the correct spelling is "Material", not the childish "Materiel". Learn to English please. I would highly appreciate it if someone would change the page's name to the proper spelling.--Master of cheeZ 01:59, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
Your ignorant hypocrisy amuses me. You've made several grammatical errors of your own, pal. Blutteufel 04:29, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Anti-materiel rifle on wikipedia. --Anon (Talk) 02:07, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- It's French, not English.22.214.171.124 07:08, June 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Anyway, aren't you being a little hypocritical, how can someone 'Learn to English?'
- 126.96.36.199 20:52, July 9, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not misspelled any more than "too" is a misspelled "two" - it's a different word. Deadlykris 04:45, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
"Learn to english" (also "Lern too english") Is a way of saying "You should really check up on your grammatical skills" whilst mocking that person by making the same kind of mistakes they did.. That But as for the rest, I do understand the misinterpretation, considering it is French. Thank you for clearing that up Anon.--Master of cheeZ 17:31, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
I really Don't see the point of grammar since you can't expect all wikia users to speak English and having a go at a user because he has poor grammar creates ill feeling—Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I don't care if it "creates ill feeling" or not. Good grammar is going to be promoted and bad grammar is going to be eliminated. This is a repository of information, not someone's Twitter feed. Kris (talk) 16:48, July 29, 2010 (UTC)
"Learn to English" Just stop man....--HelpMeRhonda213 22:42, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
By the way, their is a gun called the Anti-Materiel rifle, It is a real thing. See only someone like 'you' would think a gun could be the opposite of material, that is like quantom physics shit. Deathclawpoop 00:32, October 20, 2010 (UTC) Materiel is talking about multiple materials that you would be shooting at
"Materiel" is the word used in the military when referring to ordinance such as vehicles and tanks. This gun was made to be able to penetrate a tank's armor, therefore, the spelling is correct. Maybe you should lrn2english there Master of cheeZ. --188.8.131.52 15:42, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
AM Rifle based on Edit
I think I know what this rifle may be based on, after looking around I am 90% sure that it is the Switzerland rifle, the OM 50 Nemesis .50CAL with a extended barrel and wooden furniture instead of the usual synthetic. It's hard to say whether this is a bolt action or whether the developers made it semi-automatic Draco122 19:46, July 19, 2010 (UTC)
Blech! A French gun in the game?! Why would the French even need guns nowadays, let alone an anti-materiel sniper rifle, when did they ever completely commit to a war? FrenchSuck XD
Hahahahaha-no. Does the 'Napoleonic Wars' ring a bell? If I'm not mistaken the PGM Hecate II is used by the french troops in Afghanistan at the moment. Breadwinner 14:22, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
yead dood the french are pretty good fighters..before we brits went in and gave them a bloody good slap in the teeth they never lost.
Have you seen how many French troops are even in Afghanistan? Also OMG a single war before guns became elaborate pieces of engineering, after WWII the French have become weaker and weaker and weaker. The French have been constantly been backing out of wars practically right after the war begins, and then critizing other countries that haven't backed out. I'm surprised enough that the French even made a .50 Cal rifle, then to have a game thats played in good Ol' USA have a French gun in it. FrenchSuckBungholio t-.-t
Countrys don't allways use guns made in their country. The officail handgun of the US forces is an Italian Berreta M92fs.Billytheboy 18:16, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Please don't start a discussion about what country has the longest dick (which one is best in military, if you're a slow one). 184.108.40.206 01:01, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
Speed vs. Time Edit
An increase in cycling speed is the same as a decrease in cycling time. The custom bolt increases the cycling speed, or said another way, it decreases the cycling time. Kris (talk) 18:29, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
note on article edit (by me) Edit
I have just added some little, helpful flags in the edit box to try to stop editing of the spelling box. these appear ONLY in the edit page, not the article. They appear as this: <!--SPELLING IS INDEED CORRECT!--> The tags for the hidden text are <!-- hidden text here --> just so you know.
- It didn't seem to work. I added another one right next to the word. Let's hope that one is more effective. Kris mailbox 12:39, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
Rifle Looks to be a combination... Edit
The barrel, it seems to me is derrived from the barret 50. cal and the stock and body of the gun seems to derrive from the Russian SVD... and the scope resembles the one thats on my deer hunting rifle :D
- We don't include any content about what real-world weapons the in-game ones resemble. We include based on information when that information comes from developers. --Gothemasticator 00:58, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
I can't remember where i read it but it was similar to the WWII PTRD rifle
A strength of eight to use the gun correctly? That is ridiculous. I could understand six, which it seems larger guns use as the minimum, but eight? I can understand eight for a minigun or a gatling laser but not a sniper rifle.--HelpMeRhonda213 16:44, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
- This is a sniper rifle designed to be able to take out military equipment. This isn't a dinky little DKS-501, this is a monster weapon which, with the right rounds, can pierce tank armor. --Kris 17:22, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't pierce tank armor, it pierces the entire tank. And keeps going.
- Laser guns shouldn't have much recoil, though. Nitty Tok. 17:27, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
- I suppose you are right. Without something to enhance my strength I guess I will not be using it. I plan on having my strength at 6. Too bad.--HelpMeRhonda213 19:21, October 17, 2010 (UTC)
Alchohol and guns don't mix. LOL--BLACK LENNY 23:11, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Weapon Handling perk would cover it. Alternatively, suck up the penalty and use it anyway. Or is it a binary can/cannot equip?220.127.116.11 14:25, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
- Exactly, it's not like you can't equip it at all, it'll just wobble a bit. Suck it up and drink some alcohol, take some buffout, bighorner steak, etc. --Rizzle-Q 03:55, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
Black Lenny is right, the last thing New Vages needs is a drunk with 50cal. weaponry.--Artemis128 03:30, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Victor: Howdy pardner! You: *takes swig* blraghhh -- BANG BANG BANG Victor: PARDNERRR!!
(different person) i found it at the end of the game but thats it.
Has anyone actually found this weapon in game yet?
No, really... where the hell is it?
I found it at gun runers. Not cheap.
You do have to give Gunrunners crededt since all thier weapons are at mint condition, which explains the high prices.--Artemis128 03:26, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
You can get it from the brotherhood of steel before you destroy their bunker. There's a weapons dealer by their firing range that has it in mint condition. Do a few missions and join their ranks and they give you access to all of their equipment, though I'm not sure what else they have as I destroyed them before I could check it all out.
Mods for the .50? Edit
Anybody find any weapon mods for this? I have waiting months ingame in front of gunrunners with no luck, and have found nothing either. Ideas? That guy WRAITH.... 09:43, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
None that i've seen so far, there is incendiary ammo though which is pretty close (BOOM GOES THE RAIDER) --18.104.22.168 18:49, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
I mean like actual weapon mods like this custom bolt the main page says. Whats going on with that? That guy WRAITH.... 02:10, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
Well apparently only some of the weapons have mods, and looks like mostly the low quality ones (no clue why they couldn't make some for all weapons... Although you have to admit, this weapon really doesn't need any more power XD --22.214.171.124 08:11, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
No it does not, but that custom bolt for a faster RoF would be nice... That guy WRAITH.... 08:47, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
The best possible mods would even need is a bipod for steady aiming, like going prone or say, mounting it to a base, or some kind of mechanism that would be a shock absorber, to reduce the amount of strength required for its use.--126.96.36.199 22:39, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
No, there are not any mods for the Anti-materiel Rifle. I confirmed it in the GECK about two minutes ago to make sure and corrected the main page to show this, as it erroneously stated that there is a mod for it. There is not.
As of March 23, 2012 I can confirm there are mods for this gun. I just picked up the Anti-Mat. Rifle Custom Bolt at the Gun Runners. Today picked up both the Anti-Mat. Rifle CF Parts and Anti-Mat. Rifle Suppressor. (Also at the Gun Runners) 188.8.131.52 20:36, March 26, 2012 (UTC)Goldschlager29
- That's because Gun Runners' Arsenal adds a lot of weapon mods to the game, and even then, you can only add them to weapons with the (GRA) extension. --Bottletopman (talk) 09:10, August 28, 2012 (UTC)
Best weapon ever! Edit
Seriously, what's better than a 2 meter long tank buster rifle?! A 2 meter long tank buster rifle with EXPLODING ammo! --184.108.40.206 18:55, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
- And with a flick of the V.A.T.S. button, you can set people ablaze too :D. Nukey (talk) 18:58, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
"This weapon is commonly found after level 14."
If i recall this weapon doesn't even show up in shops till around 18, even then it's only really found in the 3 places (Crappy one in bos bunker, 2 perfect ones in gun runners and ncr QM shop) 220.127.116.11 08:28, October 24, 2010 (UTC)
To your "innacurate" question, no, the A.M.R is one of the most acurate weapons in the game, and your second question/statement, the A.M.R appears rendomly, even for a lvl.2--Artemis128 03:18, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
He was referring to the accuracy of the statement that the weapon is found "commonly". I have to second his skepticism. Regardless of what levels at which the weapon begins appearing, I don't think I would ever call it common. This is a difficult weapon to find which in turn makes it difficult to repair unless you have the Jury Rigging perk. Particularly problematic with the Built to Destroy trait and compounded by the weapons high weight, which makes carrying around a spare for repairs a bigger burden on your inventory. On hardcore mode this is even more of a hassle as the ammo you'll need to carry for this weapon is amongst the heaviest of the Guns class weapons. I don't know if this is worthy of a note in the article, but I for one would have found it useful in deciding between this and the Sniper rifle (Fallout: New Vegas). 18.104.22.168 20:10, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
Earlier today I took out all the comments saying not to change the name, figuring they were no longer needed. How wrong I was! Less than an hour later some slobbering retard with a 200-word vocabulary comes along and changes every instance of "materiel" to "material". So I've gone back through and re-added the note to every instance of the word "materiel" in the article. Hopefully that'll be enough to fend off further uneducated spelling changes. --Kris 18:16, October 25, 2010 (UTC)
Honestly, I wouldn't have that as that is a simple writing mistake, although I do thank you for helping make the cretins seem intellagent--Artemis128 03:23, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- How is it a simple writing mistake? Wiki is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materiel
- Also added in-game spelling icon, hopefully that will stop them even hitting the edit button. GhostAvatar 03:29, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Would work, but that tag denotes an error, which is wrong for the purpose. Nathan Hale 10:07, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I know, but as a interim measure to prevent people correcting what they thing is a spelling error on a new article it would work. I think it will make it very obvious from the outset to such editors and readers a like that it is in fact not a error as they view it.
- Ugh, this is annoying me to the max. As of now in the notes section there is the line:
- "The weapon is spelt wrongly; it should be material instead. "
- I don't know if this is trolling ('spelt' and 'wrongly', even if technically correct depending upon your location, are both very awkward), but it's ridiculous. Can someone with the credentials please remove this instance? --CrayolaS7 14:09, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
For the people talking about call of duty Edit
The PTRS is call of duty world at war had a .57 caliber round, it shot a bullet with a higher velocity then the barret but it stopped being produced for a reason that i dont know.
- Maybe because the PTRS is not a sniper rifle, but an anti-tank rifle, becoming mostly obsolete with the introduction of RPGs. Again, Call of Duty is NOT a good weapons reference. Not. At. All. --22.214.171.124 10:11, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- They're both anti-materiel rifles. Yuri Kaslov 10:14, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe because the PTRS is not a sniper rifle, but an anti-tank rifle, becoming mostly obsolete with the introduction of RPGs. Again, Call of Duty is NOT a good weapons reference. Not. At. All. --126.96.36.199 10:11, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
yeah i was just saying about the caliber size for some people. But call of duty is a horrible comparison for the fallout universe, 100% agree.
Little fixes Edit
Done some little fixes...
ParaHaXz 08:36, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Incindiary Bug - PS3 Edit
I can't seem to get it to work. I go into VATS, then what? Hit R1, then circle? Or just exit out without doing anything? I've tried all combinations and can't seem to get it to work.--188.8.131.52 18:55, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Note the "PATCHED" word under the bug.
'twas not patched for PS3 yesterday. Odd.--184.108.40.206 15:25, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
Different wavelength lenses Edit
(UNKWN USR) What not have interchangable lenses on the laser rifle for different frequencies of light, EM, Gamma, Radio, and each would be more effective against certain enemies.
Just noticed that the DPS is mentioned twice, once as 110 in the info box, and once as 55 in the text, which is it? Atomotron 16:49, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
Also, to add to the confusion, the New Vegas Weapons page lists the DMG as 122 (where as on this page it is stated as 110) and the DPS as 64. Atomotron 17:32, October 27, 2010 (UTC)
personally i think people are overstating the damage output of this weapon compared to a sniper rifle. the difference that comes into play is the crit chance. x1 modifier on this, vs x5 on a sniper. with my characters natural 18% crit rate, i have 18% to crit with this weapon, and 90% to crit with a sniper, then toss in better criticals perk.
of course the anti-material is better for a sneak attack shot because its a guaranteed crit, but that is the only time i believe this weapon really outdamages a properly built character with a sniper rifle.
- just to add to this, if you have the hand loader perk and can make the special .308 ammo which is a much larger damage increase than the .50 special ammo, it gets up to near the same base damage.
- with hand loader ammo: sniper - 93 dmg, massive crit chance AMR - 126 dmg, low crit chance.
- if you have low chance to crit, the anti-material is of course the way to go, but if you have a high crit chance and hand loader perk, i dont think its worth it really.
Just want to know... Edit
Did anyone else start to salivate and pant a little when they got the rifle? Nathan Hale 23:42, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Why yes, yes i did. Yoman 9210 05:15, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
I did, as well. I suspect Boone did too... 220.127.116.11 23:12, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, good. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. Nathan Hale 23:16, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
.If I'm not too late, I did too, and I almost got wet, managed to control it, though. 18.104.22.168 01:05, November 7, 2010 (UTC)
Nope, I didn't. Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle? Yeah, count me in. Anti-materiel? Paaaah. 22.214.171.124 22:40, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
I know I did. Of course that was until I did some math and realized that with my build it wasn't worth replacing my suppressed Sniper rifle (Fallout: New Vegas). But alas, such is the nature of lust. 126.96.36.199 20:26, November 11, 2010 (UTC)
ok so the name is french? Edit
so it really is french....just confirm this please...it is bugging the hell out of me....is this what it is called in game? Moemoenagato 22:06, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- No, materiel is an English word, adapted from French (the French word has an accent over the second "e" I think). And yes, this is how the name appears in game, well aside from caps which differ from the ingame name due to wiki policy. Ingame it's known as Anti-Materiel Rifle. --Kris 22:15, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
alright then thankyou, now i can stop itching to change the whole thing
Armor penetration Edit
Does this thing have better armor penetration than other weapons? You'd think that it does, because of the name of the weapon, and because the game suggests you use it against deathclaws. However, why doesn't this wiki have an armor penetration stat? Is that something I can find from the geck and add to the wiki? Does anyone know I can find out DT penetration statistics?
Well, if you consider an armors DT it is probably the best to punch through. IE it should be used against deathclaws because of their high DT. In an ad-hoc test I performed on the PS3 version with two corpses, I found that the bullet penentrated the corpse and dismembered the other. (Performed by holding 1 corpse in the air and shooting through it). It also hurt others but I don't know if that is just limited to corpses, or if it can penetrate living targets. 188.8.131.52 01:39, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hm.. If this gun nullifies some of the enemy's DT that would be very good to know, because it makes the weapon more useful in different situations. For example, the YCS/186 does more damage, but if this gun nullifies the enemy's armor, then it would be more useful against deathclaws and power armored foes. I'll see what I can find out from the GECK. Also, I'm pretty sure each creature has a DT value, but I don't see it on the wiki, so I'll see what I can do about adding that. Daniel Benoy 13:18, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Lets say youre shooting an enemy that has 30 DT, using a gun that deals 40 DAM. Only 10 DAM per shot is gonna bust through. So you pull out this gun which does 110 DAM, and pop a cap in his ass. This time 80 DAM went through. Thats the idea of Armor Penetration in this game. --HappyToast 18:27, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
- It's a little more complicated than that; even when the damage doesn't exceed the target's DR, some damage is still dealt, but it's a minimal amount. Your example was perfectly accurate, AFAIK. --Kris 18:35, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
With the Anti-Material rifle, you will ALWAYS get more than minimal damage through the enemies armor. AP bullets enhance this. The reason is the rifles insane damage. Unless an enemy has 100+ DT, that bullets going to cut through his armor like a hot knife through butter. Against Power Armor, you can always gurantee you'll do at least 60 dam, assuming a high Guns skill and condition. It's like Toast said. If I have a gun that shoots a 100 bullets a second, but each bullet only does 2 damage, it's DPS is 200. BUT add DT and it can be reduced to around 50-100 DPS, maybe less. The AT rifles still going to do around 100 damage. 184.108.40.206 03:17, November 6, 2010 (UTC)
DT is capped at 45 AFAIK. Therefore, doesn't matter what you're shooting at, this thing will do the job and then some. Then, as if to add insult to injury, you can get AP ammo for it. I love this thing, personally. Absolutely devastating. TestECull
wrong info in this locked page Edit
the statement under location: "During the battle of Hoover Dam, many of Caesar's Legion use these rifles." is wrong, when i fishined the game at level 30, most of the legion there uses marksman carabine someone with access delete it please.
- "Many" does not mean "all" 220.127.116.11 00:24, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
It may be not worth mentioning, but while firing this weapon there is a noticable amount of recoil. So much so that it causes your character to stumble backwards. Maybe something worth adding to the notes section (the stumbling bit), as it is pretty much unique to this weapon.--18.104.22.168 00:42, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn35-e.htm this gun looks almost the same as the AM rifle I know we aren't allowed to post stuff like this on the main page it's just cool -anon
Why is the ranger combat armour specificaly mentioned that the AMR gltches into? Envlave power armour the body and barrel are so glitched as to be flush with the back cooling unit, it glitches through the sack on female farmhand outfit and several others. This bug edit is primarily cosmetic & a purist players pov and therefore unnessisary.
Bug that exists is when crouched zooming in in first person and back out sometimes results in the gun being held so the rear of the stock is infront and you can see the ends of the first person arms like the gun & model in first person have been shifted upwards. (may occur more regularly on an incline) (on my phone, so cant do.too much, just think my main weapon should be right) I use incendiary rounds on radroaches ffs...
Must Be a Glitch Edit
Having this weapon out with incendiary ammo equipped has yielded some strange results for me. Just entering V.A.T.S. and exiting without targeting sets the victim on fire! They take damage and eventually die, with no hostility from other NPCs or infamy with factions. I'm playing on XBOX 360.--22.214.171.124 01:36, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Ya, it's a listed bug BUT it's patched so if you patch the game, that'll fix it. Just connect to XBox Live. --Kris 01:44, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Unobtainable Rifle Edit
Where can I find the Anti Material Rifle . I already went to Gun Runners but I can't find it. I'm already LVL17 but I can't find it is this another glitch?--Help2099 12:29, December 2, 2010 (UTC)Help2099
- The gun runners' stock changes every few days, so come back after a few days have passed and they may have it then. You can also do the quest line for the brotherhood of steel and once finished will gain access to their higher wares, which includes this rifle. Since the rifle isn't very common, it is best you have the Jury rigging perk in order to keep it in good condition. --Pongsifu 13:24, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Best, easiest, and by FAR cheapest way to keep it repaired is with Weapon Repair Kits. I'd much rather sell spare rifles for caps than use them to repair my AMR. --ZappaFan 17:52, May 5, 2011 (UTC)
- You can repair it with Varmint Rifles (using the Jury Rigging perk), which in my opinion is way easier as you don't need to pick up all the crap. But thats just a matter of taste. xNOKIx 09:56, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
one of the veteran rangers usually have a AMR at camp forlorn hope
Spelling Fail Edit
Guys, it's spelled "Anti-Material Rifle" not Anti-materiel rifle". I would change it myself, but I can't edit this page for some reason. --Lolwat404 15:56, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
No, it definitely isn't. 'Materiel' is a term for all things military. Ergo, 'anti-materiel' rifle means a rifle which is designed to destroy anything military.
Oh shit, my bad XD --126.96.36.199 03:27, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
Honestly... does it really matter what the 'proper' terminology or even spelling for this is? It should be however it's spelled within the game. After checking it's "Anti-Materiel Rifle." Completely disregarding whatever it means, I'd just put a thing somewhere saying this is how the game spells it or something along those lines, it should stop some future arguments happening... but I'm lazy and am a noob at changing junk like that so I'll leave it to someone that's a bit more experienced Mortigneous 05:39, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Its already there, just click edit to see what I mean, there is editors nots that are not displayed in the page unless editing the page. 05:45, February 24, 2011 (UTC)
Materiel is the French word for military ordinance, ergo "anti-tank" rifleTozzler 05:36, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
Actually it's a word that means "ordnance." An ordinance is a type of law. Also, "anti-material" rifle makes me think of some kind of anti-matter gun, lol.188.8.131.52 06:04, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
"Materiel" generally means any "hard targets" like tanks, armor, etc.. lol @ ordnance/ordinance
Anti-material rifle does more than 110 damage Edit
In my file, the Anti-material rifle does 118 damage. 100 guns skill.
mine does 150 damage with match rounds and 100 guns ThatWhiteboy98 17:12, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Just checked the GECK with the latest patch and for me it is showing as 150 damage! ☣Avatar☣ 02:45, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT: My bad, I was looking at Olivers AMR, the standard AMR reads as 110 damage.
My Xbox 360 version is saying that the Anti-material rifle does 118 damage per shot, maybe it's a glitch, or maybe the GECK is wrong.
- Yes Nitty, Oliver's AMR - Geck ID "VHDOliverSniperAntiMaterielRifle" base ID "001724f2", both AMR's are named Anti-material rifle in your inventory. But Olivers was used for a NPC NCR sniper who is used in a cell within the Hoover damn called Oliver's compound and labeled NCR Obsolete and has 0 uses. It health is doubled and DMG is set at 150. so it is pretty much cut content.
- As for those with 118 damage it has to be perk related, I ran a debug charactor with 100 guns and 10 strength and got 110 damage. I then ran a script which gave me all the perks and that put it up to 139 Damage, so there is a perk that actual mods the damage and is the most likely cause for yours showing 118 damage, dont forget the DMG displayed in the pipboy takes all things into account, perks, traits, strength, weapon skill, weapon condition and ammo. ☣Avatar☣ 23:42, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- EDIT, looked into it and bloody mess with lord death perk would give you 118.8 damage.
How about Incendiary ammunition with the Pyromaniac Perk?
the AMR does 118 damage with the bloody mess and lord death perks
Unique variant? Edit
- No, there isn't- does such awesome rifle NEED one? it's practically a semi-unique gun in itself (pretty rare for most of the game) Nathan Hale 12:28, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Well' there's a unique variant that was cut (Oliver anti-materiel rifle). --Anon talk 13:24, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
Possible Glitch Edit
I decided to use Weapon Repair Kits to repair my half-broken AMR, it is now at full condition, but in the weapon repair list, it shows the AMR at around 120-125% condition. I'm on PS3 User:ValoR I did the same thing and my AMR is practically indestructable. i wonder if this works for all weapons. this was on the 360. --PowerArmored 17:58, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
based on gun Edit
this gun's model is almost unquestionably based on if not fully the same as the french 'PGM Hecate2' rifle, look up images of it if you have to. where should this go in the article if at all? feel free to edit it urself if you know what to do, i wont/can't because im a very paranoid noob at wiking
we're not allowed to make comparisons to real life weapons, no matter how obvious, and furthermore go back a page, I already made a talk page about this.(when I was an anon)
- Oh, we're allowed to. Just not in the articles.
- Go see Arenovalis's retexture for this. He just makes it more rusty and stamps PGM HECATE II on it.
- I wonder if Hecate herself would use one? :D Nitty Tok. 00:18, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Why not compare with real life weapons? it could be fun trivia for people that maybe intrested, BTW: Should it not be spelled with capitals like in-game? Anti-Materiel Rifle rather then Anti-materiel rifle? CrossFeast 21:23, April 29, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
real life gun Edit
the anti material rifel is actual based off of a real life french anti material rifel cosmeticly the same and even got the same magazine capacity of 7 and of course fires 50bmg
- As said above CrossFeast 21:25, April 29, 2011 (UTC)CrossFeast
so what if its based off a weapon. Fallout new vegas is an extremely huge map with loads of quests and items. it would be stupid to handcraft everything. AwesomeGordo 21:33, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
- The most weapons in fallout are pre-war weapons, weapons that were created before the war and then recoverd by survivers.
it's based on the falcon anti materiel rifle http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR7244sd80aFEzVsLa34pdy-fCQeGx8A-15ytLV0pH2uqteSnl
AMR usage guide. Edit
Some people find that this gun is too expensive to use (ammo is about 6 or so caps each, and degradation is rather extreme for most firearms. This can be offset and dealt with rather easily.
First, let's build a skill makeup: Regardless of tag skills, the way I normally have my character at this point is- Guns: 100 Repair: 100 Barter: > 50
This allows the proper usage of the AMR, and allows you to craft the .50 Match ammo. The problem you'll find with turning stock .50 MG rounds into .50 Match will be more with obtaining rifle powder. So even from the earliest point in your gamplay career, buy jars of the stuff to try and offset your deficit.
Now you need to obtain money, this can be done easily by gambling on the Strip; earning The Courier Who Broke the Bank will add at least 30000 caps to your coffers to help supply you with weapons and ammo. On top of that, you can do other things. Assuming you hate Energy weapons as much as I do, you can grease the Van Graffs and loot the Silver Rush, with the use of Weapon repair kits, you can make each plasma rifle worth 1300 caps, each multiplas rifle 2500 caps, and even a rare Plasma caster for 7000 caps, along with the numerous ammo, grenades, and mines to loot, along with pieces of combat armor and additional weapons taken off of the Van Graffs. Another way to make sure your financially set is to complete Dead Money and use one of the various exploits the game has to get all 37 gold bars out of the Sierra Madre, which will net you a collection of wealth worth up to 380,000 caps. This will give you the funds to buy the rifle and all the ammo you could ever want for it. and high strength
(you don't need any "exploits" to take all the gold bars, just a few perks and high strength)
Speaking of Dead Money, grab the code for weapon repair kits and break the Sierra Madre casino and turn in your chip voucher. This will give you an extremely ample supply of weapon repair kits (each kit is worth 20 chips, so if you blow the whole voucher on kits, that's 50 Weapon repair kits every three days). This will allow you to counteract the degradation of your AMR along with your backup weapons.
Keeping all this in mind will help you keep your .50 AMR in the best shape possible, along with putting those Rangers to shame.
--Caustic260 04:11, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Expensive? Consider the cost versus damage per bullet. Standard rounds are actually remarkably cheap unless you waste them on trash targets. If you like jury-rigging, being able to fix it with varmint or service rifles, I think the ease of maintainance is one of the few perks of the thing. 184.108.40.206 21:08, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
The varmint rifle isn't the only cheap weapon it can be repaired with if you have "jury rigging" the single shot shotgun is another cheap weapon that can be used to repair the AMR with. Everyone has a safe house just stow the cheap weapons from the beginning of the game instead of selling them and pick up jury rigging so you can repair all your end game items dirt cheap. 220.127.116.11 01:19, September 9, 2011 (UTC)
Rapid Reload not working half the time Edit
Going from AP to Incendiary rounds etc. using this gun with Rapid Reload, I notice that the reload speed is the same as without the perk. This is fixed by selecting another weapon, changing its rounds, and then selecting the Anti-Materiel weapon and holstering it. If you change rounds, the reload speed is now faster (the speed of rapid reload).
This temporarily fixes the glitch/bug
Ok, I read the holdout on this weapon, and on the weapons list of ALL weapons, it says it can be sneaked in without any sneak level. Is this true or am I going to waste major money buying it for an assassination?
- You read the table wrong. The '1' in the rifle table stands for "Scoped by default." No rifles can be used as holdout weapons. 00:12, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
Scope magnification Edit
If someone with access to edit the article feels up to it, they could add in the magnification level of the anti-materiel rifle, which is approximately 3.13x, placing it just below the top tier of 3.5x magnification that some other weapons have(hunting rifle, Ratslayer, All-American, laser rifle, etc.) with their scopes. Virxas 11:25, August 20, 2011 (UTC)
Can this kill a centorion in one shot to the torso (Cjbeattie 20:21, September 11, 2011 (UTC))
Depends on many things. Their current health, your guns skill, whether it's a critical hit, what ammo type you're using, the condition of their armor, the condition of your gun, and the difficulty you're playing on. For me, having a guns skill of 100 and playing on Very Hard with no critical hits and the Centurion having full health? I need two shots at most. --With care and happiness, Supermutantslayer450' You will know the truth... And the truth will set you free.. 17:14, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
my AMR seems to be glitched. it has 111 set base damage (i do have lord death perks active so this is explained) but it also has a curiously higher value then other AMRs, 8747 at full repair. another thing i've noticed, although i can't prove, is that it seems immune to degrading. i use it a lot as it is a good gun (and i like to pretend i'm a veteran ranger) and i've yet to actually ever need to repair it, despite burning through dozens of shots.
i bought it from the gun runners in the stock patches, i downloaded the rest at once after buying the gun, which is where i noticed the value took a rise. --18.104.22.168 02:42, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
The AMR is going to be worth more when mods are added, it's the same for all modded weapons, but the condition not degrading could be a bug, maybe not a bad one, since every 5 shots the gun degrades by 1 percent. I'd say it should be put in the Bugs section just in case others have the same issue, but the value rising is caused by the mods being added. In order to prove that the gun has not degraded, shoot normal .50 MG rounds about 10 times. That should degrade it by at least 2% then go to the Mojave Outpost and ask for repairs. If it shows that it needs repairs, then it's not really a bug, you just haven't noticed the decrease in condition. Try using it extensively for a good 2 days, and see how much it degrades before it stops. Some guns don't degrade after 80% which could be happening to you. Felix Brehh 03:23, October 13, 2011 (UTC)
ive already, uh, 'researched' it extensively. its been my primary weapon for a good week or two, and it's yet to degrade- at all. the bar is 100% yellow. and it isn't the GRA AMR, so i don't have any mods installed. --22.214.171.124 04:38, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
amusing glitch Edit
it seems that when using the .50 incendiary rounds, if you select targets in VATS but do not fire, when you exit VATS those targets are set on fire. they can die after repeated attempts but you lose no karma or fame. not sure if this works on a patched version of the game. and ive only seen this on the 360.--Blassreiter9821 17:03, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
tested while patched...it doesnt work anymore ftl
got one amr with 13782 value without mods full repaired. is it some pre patch amr?