|Minutemen radiant quest: Taking Point|
|Clear the location of hostiles creatures.|
|Build and power up a Radio Beacon.|
|Reward: A new settlement|
|Report to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 100 XP|
Once they arrive to the specified location the Sole Survivor is required to clear the potential settlement of its hostile residents (i.e. raiders, super mutants, mole rats, mirelurks, ghouls). The second step is to use the workshop to build a recruitment radio beacon and power it with a generator.
Once those steps are accomplished, the Sole Survivor may return to Preston Garvey to complete the quest and earn some experience points as a reward.
Possible settlements to clearEdit
- Coastal cottage : Kill all the mirelurks
- Croup Manor : kill all of the feral ghouls
- Hangman's Alley : After unlocking a novice locked door, the player is met with a raider, two raider scum, and two raider psycho. They use a lot of grenades and Molotov cocktails as they attack.
- Jamaica Plain : Clear the town of feral ghouls.
- Kingsport Lighthouse : Kill all hostile Children of Atom throughout the settlement, including their captive glowing one atop the lighthouse, trapped in its lantern room.
- Murkwater construction site : kill the mirelurk queen
- Outpost Zimonja : Kill all raiders
- Starlight Drive In : Kill the mole rats and avoid the radioactive puddle of water. Either find the key on top of the movie screen or pick the lock to the storage shed to access the workshop.
- Sunshine Tidings co-op
- Taffington boathouse : Kill the bloodbugs, be wary of traps in the boathouse if entering from the water.
pc ps4 xboxone No, or not all, hostiles may spawn at the indicated location, making it impossible to complete the quest. [verified]
- Returning to the quest at a later moment may resolve this.
- pc The console command setstage MinRecruit06 450 may be used to force the quest to skip to the last objective, talking to Preston Garvey.
- pc Alternatively, kah can be used to instantly kill any nearby hostile NPC.
- pc Alternatively, killall can be used to instantly kill any nearby NPC, though this includes any regular non-essential NPC that may be in within range as well.
- pc Alternatively, tcl to toggle off clipping and go beneath the surface to kill the molerats there. Use tcl again once above the ground to toggle clipping on again.
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.