Excellent! I had already heard from other sources about his plan. You're the final confirmation I needed to take action against him.”— Justin Greene
|Side Quest: Take down Decker|
|Accept and finish Dispose of merchant quest.|
|(Optional) Accept and finish Dispose of Jain quest.|
|Speak to Sheriff Justin Greene about Decker's proposals.|
|Reward: 300 caps|
|Accept Justin's quest.|
|Kill Decker and Kane.|
|Reward: 1000 caps|
|(Optional) Speak to Beth.|
|Reward: Stimpak x6|
After taking one (or both) of Decker's quests (Dispose of Jain and/or Dispose of merchant), the Vault Dweller can choose to report Decker's crimes to the Hub Police. Sheriff Justin Greene will offer them this unmarked quest if a Charisma check is passed (assuming the Vault Dweller has fulfilled Decker's quests), promising 300 caps upfront, and 1000 caps upon completion of the quest.
- Kane can make the close quarters combat extremely difficult and will very probably kill the Vault Dweller or his followers.
- After killing Decker, some (or all) of the remaining guards may surrender. They can be found later in the basement of the Falcon. If engaged in combat again, they will most likely repeat "I surrender!" once again.
- If the Vault Dweller talks to Beth after completing this mission and mentions that they were the one who killed Decker, she will give them six stimpaks.
- If the Vault Dweller has an Intelligence of one, taking this quest becomes impossible. An IN of at least level two requires the use of Mentats.
- If the Vault Dweller has killed Lorenzo Giovanni, he will be unable to acquire either of Decker's quests, making this quest unavailable.