I guess it's time we talked about the dumb-dumbs...”— Tabitha
She is a nightkin who served in The Master's army, along with Lily Bowen. With the Master's army disbanded, she wandered aimlessly for years, at a certain point stumbling upon an old Mister Handy named Rhonda, with whom she fell in love with (probably due to long-term exposure to stealth boys, although it is assumed that her mental judgment was impaired to begin with).
At some point she joined Marcus, an intelligent first-generation super mutant, who founded the settlement on Black Mountain sometime in 2278. Using their lack of intelligence, Tabitha rallied all of the second-generation mutants against Marcus. This led to Marcus and the first-generation mutants to leave, eventually discovering a pre-War ski lodge.
Tabitha is now the tyrannical ruler of all the mountain's second-generation super mutant and nightkin inhabitants, and has demanded that all humans be shot on sight. She hosts a radio show with her "lover" Rhonda, but it would appear that she is merely talking to herself as Rhonda is deactivated. She has kept a ghoul engineer imprisoned just so he can fix Rhonda and other things the super mutants wanted fixed. Unlike Marcus, her dedication to the Master never diminished and she often speaks nostalgically about the days when she served under him.
Interactions with the player character
- Crazy, Crazy, Crazy: The player has to deal with Tabitha and her super mutants by either killing her or persuading her to stop.
- If you choose to repair Rhonda and let Tabitha walk out of Black Mountain alive, her ending states that "Tabitha and Rhonda went east, through Caesar's land. Occasionally tales of their exploits found their way back west, though few believed them. Eventually the stories concerning the duo were collected and published, and proved to be quite popular with children."
- If you choose to kill Tabitha, her ending states that "Though some super mutants and nightkin continued to journey to the legendary Utobitha, they found little trace of its existence. Some eventually found their way to Jacobstown, but many wandered off into the wastes, confused and disheartened."
- If you free Raul, don't repair Rhonda, and don't kill Tabitha, her ending states that she, enraged by Raul's escape, "took the remaining nightkin of Black Mountain with her and vanished without a trace. Travelers in the region soon learned to avoid the roads at night, as caravans were repeatedly attacked by unseen assailants."
- If you don't free Raul, don't repair Rhonda, and don't kill Tabitha, her ending states that "Black Mountain Radio continued to broadcast its peculiar form of propaganda. Raul Tejada faced his execution each day, though pardoned in the end. Travelers venturing too near Black Mountain continue to be harassed by Tabitha's followers."
Tabitha's Storage Room: Treasure Hunt
Tabitha has a storage room at the top of Black Mountain. Upon entering the storage room there is a training dummy with a note attached to it (indicated by an arrow on the training dummy). The note says:
To Whom It May Concern
We got some pretty good stuff from the last raid and unlike last time, I don't want any incidents. The only logical conclusion was to hide everything throughout this room. if you can read this, you have my permission to use any items you can find.
Stuff I hid:
1 missile launcher
3 bricks of C4
5 frag grenades
1 super stimpak
Your Benevolent Supreme Overlord, Tabitha
Item locations are described by wall associated by compass direction or shelf row, shelf unit and shelf tier (whereas the first row is closest to the door, and last unit is farthest to the back wall).
- South corner of the Storage Room on the floor.
- Missiles (4)
- North East wall inside the 3rd stacked cement block.
- South East wall on the shelf, inside a orange street cone.
- North East wall on the 3rd tier of the shelf behind the Damaged garden gnome.
- A fourth missile, located between the two desks that are stacked one atop the other near the shelf containing the Damaged garden gnomes.
- South West wall behind the broken terminal.
- Top-left of the Nuka-Cola Vending Machine.
- North East wall behind the trunk.
- Frag grenade (5)
- 2 are inside the waste basket in the 1st row, last shelf, 4th tier.
- 2 are inside the waste basket last row, 1st shelf in the front, 2nd tier.
- 1 is on the ceiling on top of the last ceiling light in the South corner.
- Under the 3rd big Pot in the 2nd Row, 1st shelf, 3rd tier.
- Other things that can be found are
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap- on the 1st row, 3rd shelf in the back, 1st tier.
- 10mm round - inside the milk crate on the 2nd row, 2nd shelf from the front, 3rd tier.
- 9mm round - inside the pot on the 2nd row, 4th shelf in the back, 3rd tier.
- 5.56mm round - inside the waste basket last row, 4th shelf in the back, 2nd tier.
- Nuka-Cola Victory - South east wall on the floor next to the reloading bench.
- An assortment of ammo and basic weapons (like the 9mm pistol and varmint rifle) in the trunks (requires Tabitha's equipment key) placed around the room.
- According to references in the GECK, Tabitha may have been known as "Bridget" at some point during development.
- If you repair Rhonda, even though Tabitha leaves, her radio program continues to play until you enter her room. It is then replaced by static.
- Reading from her terminal in the lower level of where she is found, you find out she hides a key under the stairs located out the back door. The key unlocks her door.
- Tabitha obviously has quite an obsession with keeping Raul. If you free Raul, and escape Tabitha's ambush, Tabitha will endlessly pursue you. Even if you fast travel away from Black Mountain, she will continue to pursue you. If the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy is still active, Tabitha and her movements will be visible on your map.
- Even before meeting Tabitha, the player can get hints that all is not as it seems on Black Mountain through Black Mountain Radio. At one point, Raul will slip up, and almost call the "Rhonda" personality Tabitha. At another point, Tabitha will say "I still miss you Rhonda, after all these years," which is odd, as she is supposedly talking to Rhonda. An angry Rhonda also sounds exactly like Tabitha while yelling that humans should "stay the hell away".
- Tabitha lacks the 30% damage resistance possessed by most other nightkin enemies.
- She references the "battle cattle" as Caesar's Legion and the "two-headed bear people" as the NCR, because of their respective flags.
- If you repair Rhonda, the robot and Tabitha will walk down the mountain, taking the short cut under the broken pylon and down the man-trapped path. They will pass through the first check point, guarded by a player hostile super mutant and will disappear into thin air at the point where the road turns towards Neil's shack.
- Before the game's release, an article in Official Xbox Magazine suggested that Tabitha was a male pretending to be a woman out of insanity.
- "Do you remember the good old days, when the Master ruled over us all?"
- "I see Moe. Moe the centaur? Favorite centaur Moe."
- "I don't even know why I try, it's not like the dumb-dumbs are even gonna understand!"
- "And I, Tabitha, am willing to take on the burden of your obedience!"
- "Beware the battle cattle! Leave the fear behind!"
Tabitha appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.