Do you remember the good old days where the Master ruled over us all?”
She is a nightkin who served in the Master's army along with Lily Bowen. With the Master's army disbanded, she wandered aimlessly for years, at a certain point stumbling upon an old Mister Handy named Rhonda, which soon became her best friend.
At some point she joined Marcus, an intelligent first-generation super mutant, who founded the settlement on Black Mountain sometime in 2278. Using their lack of intelligence, Tabitha rallied all of the second-generation mutants against Marcus. This led to Marcus and the first-generation mutants to leave, eventually discovering a pre-War ski lodge.
Tabitha is now the tyrannical ruler of all the mountain's second-generation super mutant and nightkin inhabitants, and has demanded that all humans be shot on sight. She wears a pair of red heart-shaped glasses which she refers to as her "true eyes," as well as a blond wig that she calls her "head of true hair." She hosts a radio show with her "best friend" Rhonda, but it would appear that she is merely talking to herself, as Rhonda is deactivated. She has kept a ghoul engineer imprisoned just so he can fix Rhonda and other things the super mutants wanted fixed. Rhonda remains broken, however, as Raul is mechanically profound yet not scientifically inclined enough to repair the robot. The fact that he is only being kept alive by Tabitha until he manages to fix the robot also provides a strong disincentive. Unlike Marcus, her dedication to the Master never diminished, and she often speaks nostalgically about the days when she served under him. Being rather unoriginal, Tabitha forces her prisoner Raul to keep a journal, just as Marcus had "forced" her to keep a journal when she was working under him.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
Crazy, Crazy, Crazy: The player has to deal with Tabitha and her super mutants by either killing her or persuading her to stop.
Narrated by Neil
|#||Slide||Voice-over narration||In-game condition|
|1||Though some super mutants and nightkin continued to journey to the legendary Utobitha, they found little trace of its existence. Some eventually found their way to Jacobstown, but many wandered off into the wastes, confused and disheartened.||Kill Tabitha|
|2||Tabitha and Rhonda went east, through Caesar's land. Occasionally tales of their exploits found their way back west, though few believed them. Eventually the stories concerning the duo were collected and published, and proved to be quite popular with children.||Repair Tabitha's robot, Rhonda.|
|3||Black Mountain Radio continued to broadcast its peculiar form of propaganda. Raul Tejada faced his execution each day, though pardoned in the end. Travelers venturing too near Black Mountain continue to be harassed by Tabitha's followers.||Do not approach Black Mountain.|
|4||Tabitha, enraged by Raul's escape, took the remaining nightkin of Black Mountain with her and vanished without a trace. Travelers in the region soon learned to avoid the roads at night, as caravans were repeatedly attacked by unseen assailants.||Release Raul, do not complete Crazy, Crazy, Crazy.|
Tabitha's storage room: Treasure HuntEdit
Tabitha has a storage room at the top of Black Mountain. Upon entering the storage room, there is a training dummy with a note attached to it (indicated by an arrow on the training dummy). The note says:
To Whom It May Concern
We got some pretty good stuff from the last raid and unlike last time, I don't want any incidents. The only logical conclusion was to hide everything throughout this room. if you can read this, you have my permission to use any items you can find.
Stuff I hid:
1 missile launcher
3 bricks of C4
5 frag grenades
1 super stimpak
Your Benevolent Supreme Overlord, Tabitha
Item locations are described by the wall associated with each compass direction or shelf row, shelf unit and shelf tier (whereas the first row is closest to the door, and last unit is farthest to the back wall).
- South corner of the Storage Room on the floor.
- Missiles (4)
- Northeast wall inside the 3rd stacked cement block.
- Southeast wall on the shelf, inside a orange street cone.
- Northeast wall on the 3rd tier of the shelf behind the Damaged garden gnome.
- A fourth missile, located between the two desks that are stacked one atop the other near the shelf containing the Damaged garden gnomes.
- South West wall behind the broken terminal.
- Top-left of the Nuka-Cola vending machine.
- North East wall behind the trunk.
- Frag grenade (5)
- 2 are inside the waste basket in the 1st row, last shelf, 4th tier.
- 2 are inside the waste basket last row, 1st shelf in the front, 2nd tier.
- 1 is on the ceiling on top of the last ceiling light in the South corner.
- Under the 3rd big Pot in the 2nd Row, 1st shelf, 3rd tier.
- Other things that can be found are
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap- on the 1st row, 3rd shelf in the back, 1st tier.
- 10mm round - inside the milk crate on the 2nd row, 2nd shelf from the front, 3rd tier.
- 9mm round - inside the pot on the 2nd row, 4th shelf in the back, 3rd tier.
- 5.56mm round - inside the waste basket last row, 4th shelf in the back, 2nd tier.
- Nuka-Cola Victory - Southeast wall on the floor next to the reloading bench.
- An assortment of ammo and basic weapons (like the 9mm pistol and varmint rifle) in the trunks (requires Tabitha's equipment key) placed around the room.
- According to references in the GECK, Tabitha may have been known as "Bridget" at some point during development.
- If Rhonda is repaired, even though Tabitha leaves, her radio program continues to play until the player enters her room. It is only then replaced by static.
- Her terminal in the lower level of where she is found states that she hides a key under the stairs located out the back door, which can be used to unlock her door.
- Tabitha obviously has quite an obsession with keeping Raul. If the player frees Raul and escapes Tabitha's ambush, Tabitha will endlessly pursue the Courier. If the quest Crazy, Crazy, Crazy is still active, Tabitha and her movements will be visible on the map.
- Even before meeting Tabitha, the player can get hints that all is not as it seems on Black Mountain through Black Mountain Radio. At one point, Raul will slip up, and almost call the "Rhonda" personality Tabitha. At another point, Tabitha will say "I still miss you Rhonda, after all these years," which is odd, as she is supposedly talking to Rhonda. An angry Rhonda also sounds exactly like Tabitha while yelling that humans should "stay the hell away". When fighting her, she may talk in her Rhonda voice.
- Tabitha lacks the 30% damage resistance possessed by most other nightkin enemies.
- She references Caesar's Legion as the "battle cattle" and the NCR as "two-headed bear people", because of their respective flags.
- "Battle Cattle" may also be referring to Brahmin and that Tabitha is simply delusional about them being a threat, given that one of her rants refers to "Two-head bear people astride battle cattles".
- If Rhonda is repaired, the robot and Tabitha will walk down the mountain, taking the short cut under the broken pylon and down the man-trapped path. They will pass through the first check point, guarded by a hostile super mutant and will disappear into thin air at the point where the road turns towards Neil's shack.
- Before the game's release, an article in Official Xbox Magazine suggested that Tabitha was a male pretending to be a woman out of insanity.
- Her "true eyes" and "head of true hair" cannot be looted upon her death.
- "I guess it's time we talked about the dumb-dumbs."
- "Do you remember the good old days where the Master ruled over us all?"
- "This is not acceptable. No self-respecting soldier of Utobitha should ever be seen running like a scared little human."
- "That's right! I, Tabitha, will take on the burden of your obedience!"
- "You heard her, Utobitha! Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle. More after this!"
Tabitha appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.