| ||For switchblades in other Fallout games, see Switchblade.|
It is a small knife whose blade is held in position with a spring. It has received a significant boost in damage compared to its counterpart in Fallout 3 but it is still one of the weaker melee weapons in the Mojave Wasteland. However, its small size makes it easily smuggled into restricted areas and makes for easy handling.
It is possible to execute Back Slash outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The switchblade can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
- Bison Steve hotel - inside one of the hotel rooms.
- Freeside - Freeside thugs normally carry a switchblade or another melee weapon like a knife or a straight razor.
- New Vegas Strip - can be bought from Mr. Holdout outside the Gomorrah casino.
- Primm, Vikki and Vance Casino - may be found inside a safe.
- The King's School of Impersonation, Freeside - can be stolen from a room on the second floor.
- Sometimes used by the Fiends.
- Commonly used by Powder Gangers.
- Can be looted from the body of Yvette.
- Is usually carried by the Scorpions Gang.
- Can be bought from multiple vendors across the Mojave Wasteland although it is not common.
- Sweetie and Maude both carry one.
- Can be found in random metal boxes throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- This weapon is a holdout weapon, so it can be taken into casinos.