You are indeed a Swift Learner with this Perk, as each level will give you an additional +5% bonus whenever you earn experience points. Best purchased at an early level.”— in-game description, Fallout
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, J.E. Sawyer's Fallout RPG, and LionheartEdit
With each level of this perk, you will get an additional +5% bonus whenever you earn experience points.
- Most useful at the beginning, this perk ceases to provide gain in XP once the character reaches the level cap.
- In J.E. Sawyer's Fallout Role-Playing Game you cannot choose this perk until level six. If you do choose it at least once then you can take the other two ranks at anytime after that.
The perk has no effect in Fallout Tactics. [verified]
Fallout 3 and Fallout: New VegasEdit
With each level of Swift Learner your character will gain an additional +10% to experience whenever experience points are earned.
- With a level cap of 20, Swift Learner is worth 2,090 XP at level 2. With a level cap of 30, it is worth 6,570 XP at level 2.
- There is much more experience in the game than is necessary to level to either 20 or 30. This perk increases the rate at which the player will reach max level. Once max level is reached the player ceases to be affected by this perk.
- This perk stacks multiplicatively with the XP gain boost from difficulty level in Fallout 3, as well as the XP gain boost from Well Rested. For instance, on normal difficulty, Swift Learner provides 10% bonus to the base XP earned, on very hard Swift Learner provides a 15% bonus, and on very easy, Swift Learner provides just 5% bonus to gained XP (Fallout: New Vegas removed the experience differentials between difficulties).
- In Fallout: New Vegas, this perk is less useful compared to the Lonesome Road perk, Lessons Learned. Giving an extra +1% for every level earned (+26% at level 26, +27% at level 27) rather than 10%, but it has a level 26 requirement while Swift learner requires level 2.