Junior Survivor, Survival Expert
You can see what you can get from this table. The one you receive will be based on how many optional bonus objectives you've done, and your answers. Answer Moira's questions in one of five different ways to obtain one of the five different variants to this perk. You get different answer choices depending on your stats that are equal to or greater than 7. Note that not all of them will appear after a given task; answers change from objective to objective. "Perk itself" means you get this by default, with bonuses on the right depending on the style of your answers. The perk you get is determined by the type of answer you picked most, and how many optional objectives you complete.
(complete fewer than 5 optional objectives)
|+2% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+5 HP||+2 Medicine, +2 Science||+2% DR||+2 Sneak, +2 Speech||+1% Critical Chance|
(complete 5 to 8 optional objectives)
|+4% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+10 HP||+4 Medicine, +4 Science||+4% DR||+4 Sneak, +4 Speech||+2% Critical Chance|
(complete all optional objectives)
|+6% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+15 HP||+6 Medicine, +6 Science||+6% DR||+6 Sneak, +6 Speech||+3% Critical Chance|
- You cannot get any of the above Survival perks if you have received the Dream Crusher perk, and vice versa.
- If you lie at any point about completing the different parts of the quest, you cannot receive the Survival Guru perk, regardless of how many of the optional objectives you completed (you can still receive Survival Expert if you honestly complete 5-8 of the quests). An exception is the Snide answer for placing the observer in the Mirelurk Nest without killing any Mirelurks.
- It is advisable to take either the Tough or Snide type of the perk, depending on your stats, as it's hard to increase these aspects of the character normally (only available through perks). Skills can be always increased through books, levels and items. If you don't have the required stats high enough, either use a drug or item to increase them temporarily before talking to Moira, or just use the normal answer to get the +HP bonus.
- You can give yourself the different variations of this perk using the "player.addperk (perk code)" cheat without any problems. The effects will stack, and the perk will be listed multiple times on your Pipboy.
- When you complete the Operation Anchorage DLC simulation, the radiation resistance granted by this perk may be applied a second time (bug); so if you have 6% radiation resistance granted by the perk, upon exiting the simulation you will have 12%. This bug may occur on other occasions as well. To fix, remove the perk through the console and then re-add it again.
- These perks can also be gained in Fallout: New Vegas through use of the console.