Junior Survivor, Survival Expert
What can be gotten can be seen from this table. The one received will be based on how many optional bonus objectives are done, and the answers. Answer Moira's questions in one of five different ways to obtain one of the five different variants to this perk. There are different answer choices depending on stats that are equal to or greater than 7, which can be adjusted through the use of apparel and aid. Note that not all of them will appear after a given task; answers change from objective to objective. "Perk itself" means it is given by default, with bonuses on the right depending on the style of the answers. The perk obtained is determined by the type of answer picked the most, and how many optional objectives are completed.
(complete fewer than 5 optional objectives)
|+2% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+5 HP||+2 Medicine, +2 Science||+2% DR||+2 Sneak, +2 Speech||+1% Critical Chance|
(complete 5 to 8 optional objectives)
|+4% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+10 HP||+4 Medicine, +4 Science||+4% DR||+4 Sneak, +4 Speech||+2% Critical Chance|
(complete all optional objectives)
|+6% Poison and Radiation Resistance||+15 HP||+6 Medicine, +6 Science||+6% DR||+6 Sneak, +6 Speech||+3% Critical Chance|
- None of the above Survival perks can be obtained if having received the Dream Crusher perk, and vice versa.
- If caught lying at any point about completing the different parts of the quest, the Survival Guru perk cannot be obtained, regardless of how many of the optional objectives are completed (Survival Expert can still be received by honestly completing 5-8 of the quests). An exception is the Snide answer for placing the observer in the Mirelurk Nest without killing any Mirelurks.
- It is advisable to take either the Tough or Snide type of the perk, depending on stats, as it is hard to increase these aspects of the character normally (only available through perks). Skills can be always increased through books, levels and items. If the required stats are not high enough, one can use of drugs or items to increase them temporarily before talking to Moira, or just making the normal answer to get the bonus HP.
- The different variations of this perk can be given using the console commands "player.addperk [perk code]" without any problems. The effects will stack, and the perk will be listed multiple times in the Pip-Boy.
- These perks can also be gained in Fallout: New Vegas through use of the console.
- When completing the Operation Anchorage DLC simulation, the radiation resistance granted by this perk may be applied a second time; therefore, if having 6% radiation resistance granted by the perk, upon exiting the simulation it will be 12%. This bug may occur on other occasions as well. On PC versions, this can be fixed by removing and re-adding the perk through the console. [platforms tag needed] [verification overdue]