All unarmed and melee weapon attacks have a chance of knocking down your opponent. This does not affect 'automatic' melee weapons such as the Ripper or the chainsaw. The chance of knocking an opponent down is 15% while using an unarmed weapon or a one handed melee weapon, and 30% if using a two handed melee weapon.
- This perk is one of the few ways to gain challenges related to knock downs in the game. The others are the Ranger Takedown, brahmin tipping, Fire axe (Mauler), Knock-Knock (Mauler) and the companion Rex.
- You can knock down enemies with this perk even while they are already knocked down. Combining this with a weapon with high rate of attack can lead to situations where the enemy literally can't attack you.
- Knock downs can occur on killing blows, sending the corpse flying backwards. If this happens at the same time as a Bloody Mess death, disintegrating corpses can be flung unthinkable distances and/or pushed through solid objects.
- If a Melee Weapons or Unarmed using NPC is knocked down while blocking, due to Super Slam or other causes, all subsequent hits on that fallen character will act as if they were blocking.
Behind the scenes
- According to J.E Sawyer, the perk was inspired by deceased professional wrestler "Macho Man" Randy Savage.
- ps3 Super Slam may not work with unarmed weapons.
- xbox360 Does not work with DLC Unarmed weapons.