All unarmed and melee weapon attacks have a chance of knocking down your opponent. This does not affect 'automatic' melee weapons such as the Ripper or the chainsaw. The chance of knocking an opponent down is 15% while using an unarmed weapon or a one handed melee weapon, and 30% if using a two handed melee weapon.
- This perk is one of the few ways to gain challenges related to knock downs in the game. The others are the Ranger Takedown, brahmin tipping, Fire axe (Mauler), Knock-Knock (Mauler) and the companion Rex.
- You can knock down enemies with this perk even while they are already knocked down. Combining this with a weapon with high rate of attack can lead to situations where the enemy literally can't attack you.
- Knock downs can occur on killing blows, sending the corpse flying backwards. If this happens at the same time as a Bloody Mess death, disintegrating corpses can be flung unthinkable distances and/or pushed through solid objects.
- If a Melee Weapons- or Unarmed-using NPC is knocked down while blocking, due to Super Slam or other causes, all subsequent hits on that fallen character will affect them as if they were blocking.
- ps3 Super Slam may not work with unarmed weapons. [verified]
- xbox360 Super Slam may not work with DLC unarmed weapons. [verified]