Fallout 3 locations project
Super-Duper Mart in the morning.
In front of the Super-Duper Mart is a large parking lot with hanging corpses indicating the raider presence inside. Two Nuka-Cola vending machines are against the wall of the store between the entrances, along with a pair of non-respawning raiders who engage in combat with anything they detect.
If you enter the Super-Duper Mart through the left door, the entry room contains a Nuka-Cola vending machine directly to your left, with scattered empty Nuka-Cola bottles around it. Upon entering the store proper, there will be a hallway on the left wall leading to the restrooms and through which raiders will enter the main area.
Entering by the right door allows you to enter just left of an area surrounded by a counter that contains about half the loot in the store. The right wall is patrolled less often and allows you to get closer to the back of the store without being spotted.
The majority of the store is made up of super market style shelves which have planks acting as makeshift bridges between them. These are patrolled by raiders and contain very few useful items.
The pharmacy (room on the back wall) contains most of the remainder of the store's loot and houses a protectron that can be activated to help fight the raiders. The key to open it can be found in a metal crate in the mart. The door can also be lockpicked or opened by hacking the terminal next to it (Lockpick or Science of 25 required).
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor on the counter with ammunition cases in the alcove just outside the room with the protectron.
- 3 Nuka-Cola Quantums in the same room as the protectron.
- Mini nuke, also in the same room as the protectron, just beside the computer terminal.
- The first aid box next to the protectron terminal contains a significant amount of medical supplies, and is part of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.
- West North West, about 1 square from Super-Duper Mart, there is a house with a Chinese Army: Special Ops Training Manual on a shelf.
- The parking lot is the site of a 'Type A' random encounter location.
- A scripted event is triggered inside when the player exits the the store-room at the back of the store. The event is marked by raider dialogue broadcasting over the store intercom. Four additional raiders then spawn in the Super-Duper Mart. Some at the entrances, some on the plank walkways.
- No enemies will re-spawn within the interior. Once the player has cleared the interior of all raiders (the six initial ones and the four that spawn when exiting the rear store room), the location's interior is safe.
- A protectron that can be activated by the terminal (very easy) is found inside the pharmacy. Once activated, it will resume its routine of asking for identification (the ID is found on top of the console). In certain instances, however, this can cause a crash.
- This is one of the places that had a large shipment of Nuka-cola quantum sent to it. It is useful to come here to help complete The Nuka-Cola Challenge.
- The Super-Duper Mart appears only in Fallout 3. However, an ad for Super-Duper Mart can be found in the Sunset Sarsaparilla headquarters, an El Rey Motel room , the Cottonwood Cove mess hall, and in Mick & Ralph's in Fallout: New Vegas, as well as its add-on Lonesome Road.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the Bethesda demo videos of Fallout 3, a character called "Dead Mercenary" appeared outside the store. This character does not appear in the main game, even as a random encounter. The Dead Mercenary was equipped with combat armor, a bandana, biker goggles, over 200 5.56 rounds and a Chinese assault rifle. The character bears a close resemblance to Sydney.
- Similarly, the Lone Wanderer found a power fist in the restrooms in the next video, which featured quite prominently in a V.A.T.S.-assisted beheading uppercut. There are no power fists in Super-Duper Mart in the final game, however.
- pc ps3 xbox360 Shooting any of the check-out counters between the exits will cause them to bleed and produce a blood splat. [verified]