This perk is not available during level up, but rather must be purchased. It is an implant named NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor which may be purchased from Doctor Usanagi at the New Vegas Medical Clinic for 8,000 caps. It is designed to provide improved protection from damage by armor plates implemented in the user's skin tissue.
This implant increases your total Damage Threshold by 4.
- By supplementing the implant with both ranks of the Toughness perk, the player will have a total of 10 DT without armor.
- This implant does not affect your HP, only your damage threshold.
- It is the second most expensive implant you can receive from Dr. Usanagi.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible to have sub-dermal implants surgically installed in an actual human body; however, the technology is currently limited to RFID chips.
- The name NEMEAN is a reference to the Nemean lion, a monster from Greek mythology whose skin was said to be impervious to damage.