| ||For an overview of shotgun models in the Fallout series of games, see shotgun.|
A shotgun, also called a "scattergun," is a firearm designed to shoot a multitude of lead or steel balls of varying sizes, greatly increasing the weapon's hit potential. This makes it very effective at hunting game. However, the accuracy and power found at close range starts to diminish as the target gets farther away. Shotguns designed for the military's use are often called "combat shotguns."
This weapon is an "over-and-under" shotgun with a pattern/logo cut into the stock and an engraving of two birds on the frame. Despite its rough appearance this caravan shotgun is extremely durable, with more than twice the item health of a normal caravan shotgun, hence the name. There is some sort of tally mark scratched into both the back of the gun and beside the trigger. The gun is duct-taped at its butt and at a crack in the wood closest to the barrel.
The sturdy caravan shotgun can fire a total of about 1495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 748 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, 3/0 buck, slug & pulse slug||1495||748|
|Magnum & 3/0 buck Magnum||1300||650|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Sturdy caravan shotgun fnvcs||50|
- The caravan shotgun uses a screw as an iron sight. The raised off-center piece is the release allowing the gun to break and be reloaded.
- This gun is significantly more durable than a standard caravan shotgun, but quite a bit less accurate. If your repair skill is high enough to make the added durability unnecessary, it may be worth going with the standard version instead.
- This weapon is not affected by the Shotgun Surgeon or And Stay Back perks.
- Damage done with the sturdy caravan shotgun is not counted towards the I've Got Shotgun challenge.
- xbox360 At times, the weapon will detach from the player's back if unequipped, and out of the players hands if equipped, and float in mid-air if viewed in third-person view. [verified]