Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Unmarked Quest: Strictly Profitable|
|Talk to Grouse and acquire the Mesmetron.|
|Fire the Mesmetron at an NPC to stun them.|
|Talk to them and put the slave collar on their neck.|
|Tell them to go to Paradise Falls.|
|Return to Grouse.|
|Reward: 250 Caps|
After receiving the Mesmetron from Grouse in Paradise Falls, one has the option of enslaving non-player characters other than the four VIPs required to complete the quest Strictly Business. For every slave that is captured and sent back to Paradise Falls, Grouse will pay out 250 caps, and will hand over a new slave collar to continue the "recruiting." He also sells Mesmetron power cells at the steep price of 200 caps per 10 rounds. It's possible to offset the high price if all 50 rounds he initially gives out are carefully utilized, since he also pays out caps for turning in the VIPs.
250 caps per slave.
- With the exception of the four targets from the Strictly Business quest, any NPC enslaved will disappear from the game permanently after reaching Paradise Falls.
- Not every non-player character can be enslaved using the Mesmetron; only pre-determined NPCs selected by the G.E.C.K.
- Fast traveling to Paradise falls after enslaving an NPC ensures instantaneous payment.
- While all other Megaton settlers can be successfully mesmerized, the ones that seem to permanently inhabit Moriarty's Saloon cannot.
- While non-player characters are in a mezzed state, they cannot be mezzed again.
Enslavable non-player charactersEdit
A list of known non-player characters that can be enslaved with the Mesmetron. This may not be all of them. Enslaving a Tenpenny Tower security guard prevents the feral ghoul invasion from ever ending, due to a glitch where the ghouls seek and never find the enslaved (removed from the game) guard.
- Alejandra Torres
- Angela Staley
- Ben Canning
- Bill Seward
- Brotherhood of Steel soldiers (generic)
- Brotherhood Outcasts (generic)
- Caravan guards
- Christie Young
- Escaped slave
- Grandma Sparkle
- Henry Young
- Initiate Pek
- Jacob Humboldt
- Junders Plunkett
- Laszlo Radford
- Megaton settler
- Mei Wong
- Mister Lopez
- Moira's mercenary
- Paulie Cantelli
- Rip Smithy
- Sam Warrick
- Simone Cameron
- Susan Lancaster
- Talon Company mercs (rank 1 only)
- Tammy Hargrave
- Tenpenny residents
- Tenpenny Tower security guards
- Underworld residents (generic)
- Wasteland doctor
- Wasteland junkie
- Wastelanders (human only)
- Water caravan drivers
- Wild Bill (only technically; he can't normally be mezzed since he spawns dead)