Stop Bishop's raider band from attacking Vault City
Beware the dangers...
Of course. They sent mercenaries to murder my people because I wouldn't join their government? I... I can barely believe it.”— Joanne Lynette
After learning that the raiders are attacking Vault City, Chosen One is being tasked to find out where they are and kill them. One can directly go to them (near the direction from Vault City to Broken Hills). After that, they must go into the cave. One must be beware of traps, like explosives or holes (they lead to bottom level where the radscorpions are). The Chosen One must go to eastern parts. There are more traps, but also 2 fenced doors which are locked (a very high lockpick skill is required to open). Then Chosen One must kill all mercenaries which can get quite tough, given the equipment they are given. After that, one must collect the dogtags from Angel-Eyes, Tuco and Blondie to open the safe. Inside is some treasure, along with a logbook which must be shown to Joanne Lynette in Vault City.
- 500 XP for discovering the lair (secret entrance)
- 500 XP for cracking the safe
- 2000 XP for leaving the area while the mercenaries are dead
- 1000 XP and $1000 for showing the holodisk from John Bishop's safe
- 2500 XP for showing the account book from the mercs' cave
- One can also show the logbook obtained from John Bishop's safe in New Reno.
- It is explained that John Bishop hired mercenaries to attack Vault City so that Vault City may join NCR.
- Also, one may also sneak from behind, making a great advantage against mercenaries.
- This is a required step to become Captain of the Vault City guard.
- If the Chosen One has defeated the Enclave, Lynette will not have the dialog options to show her the logbook.