Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Stone Bones Cave
Located within the area of the Sorrows camp, this cave is located on a ridge above the general area. Once you enter the cave you will see some pillars and a path to the left. There is a tripwire connected to a grenade bouquet across the entrance to this path, so watch where you step. The grenades will fall behind you, so either run back into the initial room and take cover, or continue down the path.
Three bear traps are immediately ahead on the path. Behind the third bear trap lies another trip wire. The path then slopes upwards and forks into two directions. Immediately at the top of the slope is a plasma mine, behind a pot.
The right path takes you down a slope and into a cavern with water at ankle level. Watch out for plasma mines on the way down this slope, along with yet another trip wire. The cavern itself has a number of water purification systems, and a shotgun trap on the left as you enter the cavern. With the exception of the shotgun trap, the plasma mine and the water, there is nothing else of value in this room.
The left path takes you via a slightly winding path into a room with more purification systems and a column of rock dominating the center. To the right of this column is a workbench and a workbench crate and a reloading bench, with miscellaneous items and a broken laser rifle on the floor next to the reloading bench. (The broken rifle cannot be picked up). A pair of explosive crates on the far side (from the entrance) of the room contain explosive ammunition including a 25mm grenade pack and variants.
A short set of steps leads up to a platform with a terminal - one of the survivalist's terminals which are dotted around Zion. The Desert Ranger combat armor and Desert Ranger combat helmet are in the area of the terminal, and a Survivalist Hidden Cache is located next to the bedroll.
Another path, with a tripwire and grenade bouquet, on the left as you entered the left cave, leads back out into Zion.
- Desert Ranger combat armor and Desert Ranger combat helmet in the back of the cave on the elevated platform near the computer terminal.
- A Survivalist hidden cache on the elevated area, next to the bedroll, behind the reloading bench.
- All items that you drop or store in this cave will disappear if you travel back to the Mojave.
- There are two entrances into the cave, the other entrance is unmarked to the west of the main entrance. This entrance will bring you closer to The Desert Ranger combat armor, with only a single tripwire as soon as you enter.
- According to the terminal in the back of the caves, Vault 22 survivors made their way to the Narrows, and ate some of the cave's inhabitant's companions. Also according to the terminal, the inhabitant killed the vault survivors.
- Even though the terminal states that the inhabitant was attacked by three Vault survivors, there are four skeletons by the cave entrance. The terminal says the point man was caught under deadfall and the three other men panicked.
- Once cleared of traps, the cave makes a good base of operations while you're playing Honest Hearts, with all three crafting platforms placed right next to each other, and a couple of containers for storage.
- The grenade bouquet that is out of reach can be disarmed by using a barrel or other object to give the player more jump height.
- There's a 'Broken Laser Rifle' on the floor, to the right of the reloading bench. It cannot be picked up and no dialogue box appears when attempted to be interacted with.