| ||For an overview of stimpak types in all games, see Stimpak.|
Stimpak, or stimulation delivery package, is a type of hand-held medication used for healing the body.
This item consists of a syringe for containing and delivering the medication and a gauge for measuring the status of the stimpak's contents. When the medicine is injected, it provides immediate healing of the body's minor wounds.
The amount of health restored by one stimpak is between 30–90 HP (36–108 HP with the Fast Metabolism perk), and is dependent on the level of the player character's Medicine skill. It is equivalent to the expression (with Fast Metabolism, or ), where is the level of the Medicine skill.
Medicine Skill effectEdit
|10||+36 Hit Points|
|20||+42 Hit Points|
|30||+48 Hit Points|
|40||+54 Hit Points|
|50||+60 Hit Points|
|60||+66 Hit Points|
|70||+72 Hit Points|
|80||+78 Hit Points|
|90||+84 Hit Points|
|100||+90 Hit Points|
In contrast to previous games, stimpaks in Fallout 3 can be used to heal crippled limbs. When used on a limb, it heals a relatively high amount of damage on the limb but slight healing on the body. Conversely, when used on the whole body, a relatively high amount of damage on the whole body is healed, but the limbs are healed only slightly. Because of this, the use of stimpaks is rather tactical. The alternative ways of healing limb damage are: sleeping in a bed, visiting a doctor, the Rad Regeneration perk from the Wasteland Survival Guide quest, or using the My First Infirmary.
- In Vault 101 there are 2 undersized stimpaks in the clinic.
- One can easily obtain a large number of stimpaks by trading in technology (like Power Armor or Energy weapons) to Protector Casdin at Fort Independence (see The Outcast Collection Agent for more information).
- A model and icon for a super stimpak can be found in the G.E.C.K. editor, suggesting that super stimpaks were part of Fallout 3's development but were removed from the final game.
- One can obtain stimpaks from Winthrop by giving him scrap metal in Underworld.
- In Mothership Zeta, Elliott Tercorien can turn alien biogel into adapted biogel, for a useful alternative to stimpaks.
- A few stimpaks are in the stock of almost every merchant in the Capital Wasteland, regardless of whether or not they are a chem merchant.
- In The Pitt add-on, Brand can supply stimpaks (with bad Karma) for ratting out the slaves.