| ||For an overview of brass knuckles in the Fallout series of games, see brass knuckles.|
Steel knuckles take the form of four linked metal rings in a shallow convex formation with a bumper attached to the concave face. The rings are slipped over a combatant's fingers with the bumper pressed into the palm of the hand. When a punch is thrown, the knuckles take the majority of the impact impulse, transferring much of the punch's kinetic energy to the target by way of the harder, smaller impacting surface of the metal knuckles. This drastically increases the likelihood of serious tissue disruption and bone damage.
The steel knuckles do slightly more damage per hit than its brass or spiked counterparts, but it really shines when used in V.A.T.S. The steel knuckles use only 14 AP to be swung, giving it one of the lowest AP costs for any weapon. As such, it's great to use with the Paralyzing Palm perk.
The steel knuckles can successfully strike about 1111 times from full condition before breaking.
- Brass knuckles - the common variant found in Fallout 3.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Spiked knuckles - a variant of knuckles with spikes affixed.
- Plunkett's Valid Points - a unique variant of spiked knuckles found on Junders Plunkett.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Plunkett's Valid Points||12||18.9||1.58||x2||12||15||1.6||333||1||30||30|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Steel knuckles can be obtained by turning in 30 steel ingots to Everett during the Mill Worker quest.
- It can be used as weaker replacements for Plunkett's Valid Points, for those who don't want to get the Lawbringer perk or can't find Junders Plunkett.
- This weapon cannot be used to repair ordinary brass knuckles, but the brass knuckles can be used to repair the steel knuckles.