In Fallout 3, this item is used in the construction of the railway rifle.
In Fallout: New Vegas, two of these items are required to fix the food processor in the Camp McCarran terminal building for the quest Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans, if the Repair check of 80 cannot be passed.
- 10 on shelves and counters in Franklin Metro utility, west section.
- 4 in Warrington station, Roy Phillips's quarters.
- 4 in Hubris Comic Printing, in a room with 2 pitching machines.
- 4 in National Guard depot lowest level, on a shelf facing the eastern wall, near some generators.
- 5 in Vault 92: One is in the tunnel leading into the vault, technically still in the Wasteland; second floor, in the supply shop, behind an Average locked door; another one in the living quarters, in the security office; the last two are in 'sound testing' behind a hard locked door.
- 3 in Tenleytown/Friendship station.
- 3 in RobCo facility, one in a storage room behind the reception area, one in the factory area on a raised platform by some protectron pods and the last in the workbench room.
- 3 in Vault 87, in the mechanic's room.
- 3 in Super-Duper Mart: 2 in metal boxes in the western storage room, and the third just outside the storage room in the open cupboard.
- 2 in Republic of Dave, in Dave's safe.
- 2 in Museum station, Metro Central, one behind an Average locked door and the other behind some sandbags.
- 2 in Tenpenny Tower, in the basement on the opposite side of the building.
- 1 in yao guai cave.
- 1 in the Capitol building, Hall of Columns.
- 1 in Vault 108, cloning lab 2 lefts from the living quarters door.
- 2 In Mama Dolce's.
- 1 in Fort Constantine, in the Launch Control bunker.
- 1 in SatCom Array NN-03d.
- 2 in Our Lady of Hope Hospital, downstairs in the dry sewer.
- 1 in Benson house in Minefield.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- 2 at Camp McCarran: one to the right of the entrance, behind the corrugated tin walls, to the right of the military truck, on the middle shelf; the second is straight ahead from the main entrance in one of the tents on a shelf and must be stolen.
- 5 in Cerulean Robotics, Freeside: in the assembly room, on a conveyor belt.
- 1 in Michael Angelo's workshop: in the rear of the shop, on a bench.
- 1 in Techatticup Mine: near one of the captured NCR Troopers, behind a medium lock, on a shelf.
- 1 in Ultra-Luxe: to the right of the Penthouse Elevator, in the closet with the easy lock, on the bottom shelf on the back wall.
- 1 in Vault 11's security office. More are found in the lower under water areas and in various rooms on the lower levels.
- 3 in Train tunnel: in the storage room on a shelf, 1 near the South entry on a shelf.
- 1 in the Brotherhood of Steel safehouse on the top shelf in the back left of the lower room.
- 1 in Searchlight police station on the shelves in the storage room towards the rear of the building.
- 1 in broc flower cave in a metal box in middle of the cave near the skeletons.
- 1 in the shelves of an open shack which is directly facing the quarry entrance near Sloan.
- 1 in the locked room on the left, in cell block B, NCR Correctional Facility.
- 1 in a metal box on the main platform in Violet's trailer fort, due west of Vault 3.
- 1 in a footlocker at the bottom of the X-12 research center behind the counter next to the only shelf.
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans - Two steam gauge assemblies, along with many other supplies, are needed to repair a food processor in the Camp McCarran kitchen.