| ||For an overview of Stealth Boys in the Fallout series of games, see Stealth Boy.|
The Stealth Boy is a portable device that, when activated, renders the user invisible for 30 seconds.
They can be found scattered all over the Commonwealth or they can be sold by merchants.
- Sold by Tinker Tom in the Railroad HQ, who also sells the Railroad Stealth Boy variant, which lasts 10 seconds longer.
- Park Street station, down the stairs, straight across all the tracks and in a novice locked room on the left after reaching the far wall. Once inside, there is an expert safe towards the back of the short tunnel; the device is located within.
- One stealth boy can be found at the end of the Tradecraft mission beside the Carrington's prototype.
- ArcJet Systems, through a novice locked door to the right of a collapsed stairway in the small lobby with a broken, flooded floor. Once through the door, check behind the collapsed floor/ramp to the right to find the Stealth Boy sitting on a metal shelf.
- Back Street Apparel. After entering the building, enter the first door on the left. After picking the locked door in the hallway, it will be on the shelving to the right.
- Federal ration stockpile. After entering, turn right at the first intersection of hallways (with the construction light, just past the two can traps). Go down the stairs to the metal walkway, then jump across the gap. The Stealth Boy is by the two skeletons in the room on the other side of the gap.
- National Guard training yard, upstairs in the smokey room. It is near the large trunk.
- The Castle. Two can be found in the armory, behind the large metal door. The armory is accessible both during and after the Old Guns quest.
- Vault 81, in the secret vault, on the desk in the medical lab. Accessible after beginning the quest, Hole in the Wall.
- Boston mayoral shelter, next to a dead soldier.
- Wattz Consumer Electronics, upstairs in an Expert locked caged room, on a shelf.
- Boston Public Library, in the locked storage room.
- Up to three can be found on Kellogg after defeating him.
- Hesters Consumer Robotics, in a case on the racking in the entrance room.
- Back Alley Bowling, part of the General Atomics Galleria. Found in an advanced locked safe in the dark storage room behind the counter.
- Suffolk County charter school, in the basement behind a locked Security Gate.
- D.B. Technical High School. Two can be found, one tucked between two lockers near a skeleton that is draped over the top of a ladder. The other is downstairs in a locker located in the hallway with large mounds of rubble on the floor.
- Revere Beach station, in a Master locked safe on the second floor of a small house, along with a Legendary Raider.
- Recon Bunker Theta, during The Lost Patrol quest.
- Walden Pond, inside a safe in the gift shop basement.
- BADTFL regional office, in the evidence locker.
- Three can be found at the end of The Big Dig inside Hancock's stockpile. Can only be obtained if the player sides with Bobbi.
- Hardware Town, upstairs behind the locked door. The key is found in a chest a few rooms down.
- The Stealth Boy in Fallout 4 seems low-tech and older in comparison to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas variants, as these are small and wrist mounted whereas those in FO4 are large and bulky looking, with shorter effect durations. There is also an animation showing the player activate it, which doesn't happen in 3 or New Vegas.
- While still capable of aiming with scopes after activating a Stealth Boy, glow sights and reflex sights will be be cloaked as well (and thus unusable) for the duration of the effect. Therefore aiming at distant targets will become more difficult.
- With Deacon's companion perk, Cloak & Dagger, the duration of Stealth Boy effects last 40% longer.
- If one is given to Deacon or X6-88, they will use it in combat.