|Side Quest: Special Delivery|
|Go to Cabot House.|
|Use the intercom to convince Jack Cabot to let you in.|
|Talk to Edward then to Jack.|
|Go to Parsons State Insane Asylum.|
Talk to Captain Maria.
|Head north to Parsons Creamery.|
|Deal with the raiders.|
Recover the Mysterious serum from one of their bodies.
|Go back to Cabot House.|
|Reward: 200 XP|
|Leads to: Emogene Takes a Lover|
Upon visiting Bunker Hill, the The Third Rail in Goodneighbor, or the Dugout Inn in Diamond City, Edward Deegan will approach and offer work. If you previously visited Parsons State Insane Asylum and killed a few of the guards, he will mention it, though he says he doesn't hold it against you. After accepting go to the Cabot House and use the intercom to gain entry, then speak with Jack Cabot and Edward Deegan about the job. A package has gone missing near the insane asylum that's owned by the Cabot family.
Head up to the asylum and question the guard captain, she'll mention that the raiders that stole the serum are at the Parsons Creamery to the north. Head up there and confront them, if you wait on arrival then a fight will break out between them and they'll thin their numbers.
Kill the remainder, take the serum, return to Cabot House. There is an option to lie to Edward Deegan with an easy persuasion check to keep the serum at the cost of a few caps of reward, or it can be turned over. The quest ends either way, automatically starting the quest Emogene Takes a Lover.
- You can also go directly to Parsons Creamery and deal with the raiders without going to the Insane Asylum.
- The quest may also be initiated by going directly to Cabot House and passing a speech check when using the intercom.
- Be careful not to attack the Cabot robots before entering the house as this will make Edward and Jack hostile.
- Sometimes the Brotherhood will raid the Creamery, defeating the raiders for you.
- The Courier that Deegan mentions can be found dead in the road between Asylum and the Creamery.
- Despite potentially encountering the crashed alien ship and finding the wounded alien, you are unable to mention this to Jack Cabot when he asks if you think there is intelligent life outside of earth.
- pc You may not be able to interact with the intercom while in power armor. Leaving the armor allows you to use it.[verified]
- pc Mercenaries may attack you when you show up to the asylum. Defeating Maria does not solve the problem as she attacks again once her life is restored. To fix this do the command "setstage 503b8 35". The player can also approach the asylum in stealth mode and once the location is discovered the mercenaries will be reset and not attack.[verified]
- xboxone ps4 pc Could be caused by target matrix and/or Tesla coils attachments for power armor. Removing them seems to work.[verification overdue]
- pc When deathclaws appear in Lynn Woods they may wander off to Parsons Creamery and kill the raiders inside. This renders the corpses unlootable.[verified]
- pc ps4 xboxone You may not be able to activate the "Special Delivery" quest. Sometimes Edward Deegan will not spawn anywhere other than Cabot House and once you enter and try to interact, there is no dialog, only automated responses, and he will not give you the quest. You may have to restart from an earlier save, or try some other method of activating the quest.[verified]
- pc ps4 Edward Deegan will not spawn in Bunker Hill as long as the "Battle of Bunker Hill" quest is active. After completing the quest he does spawn there immediately.[verified]
- pc ps4 When having started special delivery, before talking to Jack the first time, making him hostile may make it impossible to proceed to future quest stages. Jack will speak as if everything is normal, but Parson's institute will never open and raider spawns at the creamery will never happen.[verified]
- ps4 When arriving at the Cabot House, the intercom may not work at all.[verification overdue]