Limited Edition Mojave Landmark snow globes are collectible items in Fallout: New Vegas. There are a total of seven of them to find in the base game, and an additional four from the add-ons: one each from Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road.
These rare, pre-War artifacts are widely considered to be useless baubles, but rumor has it that some collectors will pay dearly for them.”
The iconic Vault Boy appears in every one of the snow globes; despite lack of background canon information, it is safe to assume they are a promotional item from Vault-Tec Industries, much like the promotional bobbleheads from the East coast that appeared in Fallout 3.
Snow globes found in add-ons are displayed on a shelf located directly above the snow globe stand. As soon as one is picked up, 2,000 caps will automatically be given (with the exception of the Sierra Madre snow globe, which will instead give 2,000 Sierra Madre chips) and the snow globe will appear on the shelf.
|Goodsprings||In Goodsprings Cemetery. On the second grave to the west of the Courier's (open) grave, at the northern edge of the cemetery (near the water tower). The grave is the only one in the area with rubble on top; the snow globe can be found among it, in front of the marker.||0015db3a|
|Hoover Dam||In the Hoover Dam visitor center, sitting on the welcome desk.||0015db39|
|Mormon Fort||In the Old Mormon Fort. Upon entering the fort, go to the western corner and enter the door to the tower. The snow globe is located upstairs on a shelf.||0015db37|
|Mt. Charleston||In Jacobstown lodge. The snow globe is sitting on the reception desk.||0015db38|
|Nellis AFB||Nellis Air Force Base, Nellis Boomer Museum. The snow globe is located on the table to the right, immediately after entering the building.||0015db3c|
|Test Site||In the cocktail lounge of the Lucky 38 Casino. The snow globe is on the counter "behind" the middle cash register with a green lamp next to it (Mr. House must first be spoken to in order to gain access to this area).||0015db3b|
|The Strip||In the Vault 21 Hotel, on the nightstand in Sarah's average-locked room in the northeast corner of Vault 21, next to the buyable room. Sarah can be pickpocketed for the keys if necessary.||0015db3d|
|Sierra Madre Dead Money||Located near Dean's Secret Stash in the upper levels of Salida del Sol North. From the southern-most entrance to Salida del Sol South (inside a house in Salida del Sol North), proceed down the stairway and out to the street, then turn 180 degrees for the entrance hole in the wall above. This area can be reached by going up the stairs located around the corner to the southeast and following the rooftops back toward the hole.||00fe80|
|Zion National Park Honest Hearts||Found in the general store in the northwestern part of Zion, on the bottom shelf of a broken cabinet behind the counter.||00edf5|
|Big MT Old World Blues (add-on)||Found in the X-17 Meteorological Station, in the room on the catwalk next to the model houses.||00cdc6|
|Lonesome Road Lonesome Road (add-on)||Found at the Junction 7 rest stop just past the High Road. When leaving the High Road, take a right, the shop is at the bottom of the hill. The snow globe is upstairs, inside a fallen bookshelf.||004687|
- Snow globes are marked as quest items and cannot be removed from the Courier's inventory (unless sold to Jane).
- Due to being marked quest items, snow globes have no net weight, despite being marked as having a weight of 1 lb. (Fixed in a recent patch)
- If Mr. House dies, Jane will disappear, and it will no longer be possible to remove the snow globes from the inventory. However, PC users can use the console command player.placeatme 00116a50 to spawn Jane to their location to continue adding snow globes to the stand. Should Jane still be aggressive after spawning, use console command stopcombat after having talked at her to stop all combat.
- The Globe Trotter trophy/achievement only needs the seven snow globes not found in the add-ons; they do not have to be sold.
- After they end up on the display shelf, the snow globes cannot be interacted with in any way.
- DLC snow globes will be added to the shelf automatically and do not require Mr. House to be alive.
- The Toaster in The Sink will shout out that it has a "super-rare Mojave snow globe", and all the Courier has to do to get it is reach down into his bread slot. Due to the murderous nature of the Toaster, this is more of an attempt to kill the Courier via electrocution.
- The Sierra Madre snow globe will award 2000 Sierra Madre chips instead of caps upon picking it up.
- The snow globes presented within three of the four DLCs do not have snowing animation. The one from Honest Hearts is the exception,
- The Lonesome Road snow globe is the only globe that is damaged- a large hole can be seen on the dome and the Vault Boy inside has fallen over.
Behind the scenesEdit
It's for the Citizen Kane reference, partially because it's especially fitting for Mr. House. He has no interest in physically interacting with the world but wants absolute control over New Vegas. Snow globes are perfect static worlds in miniature that can't be directly touched but can be (literally) turned up side down any time the owner desires.”— J.E. Sawyer 
- xbox360 Sometimes, you can only sell snow globes to Jane one at a time, regardless of the number you've found. [verified]