The sniper shack, or abandoned shack in-game, is a building on a cliff to the west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas.
The sniper shack is a single room building, containing a locker, ammunition boxes, a fridge, a stove, metal boxes, and a bed. There is also a workbench and a cage containing the game's only named radroaches: Fluffy and Jitters.
- The Victory rifle is in a locked (Very Hard) locker.
- There is a copy of Dean's Electronics hidden in a wooden box under the workbench. The player may need to grab the box and pull it out from under the workbench in order to obtain it.
- There is a copy of Guns and Bullets on the table left of the locker.
- Keller Family transcript #4 on the workbench on the left.
- Bottlecap mine on the workbench.
- There is a pre-War book on top of the same table as the Guns and Bullets.
- A larger sized teddy bear can also be found sitting on the bed like the one in the Red Racer factory. It appears to have an empty whiskey bottle in its hand. (See image in gallery below.)
- A Stealth Boy can be found on the left locker (not inside it).
- The same table as the Guns and Bullets also has approximately 14-20 bobby pins on it.
- Dogmeat can retrieve the Victory rifle from its locker even if it is locked.
- The outside of the shack is a spawning point for Talon Company or Regulators, depending on the player's Karma level.
- A Vertibird will drop an Enclave soldier and a sentry bot to the northwest.
- Super mutants will sometimes spawn by the small pond near the shack.
- If killed, Fluffy and Jitters will eventually respawn, even though they are named creatures.
- On the rocks below the sniper shack, there is a hole in them due to a mapping glitch.
- All of the parts needed to craft a bottlecap mine can be found in the shack.
The sniper shack appears only in Fallout 3.
pc Fluffy and Jitters can escape their cages without the player opening the cage door. [verified]