It is made of three rusty metal sheets with two for the sides and one for the roof. There is enough room for one person to sleep while another is on duty. When facing Cottonwood Cove from inside the structure there is a Very Hard-locked Gun case to the immediate left. There is also a small camouflaged tent immediately in front of the nest with a perfect view of the entire Cottonwood Cove area where a sniper could lay hidden without detection.
- The Gobi Campaign scout rifle is locked in a Very Hard locked gun case.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap on a bench in the shack.
- This location is mentioned in the note Sniper Nest Location. The note states that whoever alerted the Legion should get out immediately, due to its location near the Cottonwood Cove. The note also states that there will not be weaponry at the nest, yet the Gobi Campaign scout rifle is found here.
- Even though the location is high enough to recon on Cottonwood Cove, it is hard for a sniper to kill everyone outside, since the map cell the player is in will not register many Legion troops.
- This location may be the place where Craig Boone shot and killed his wife Carla Boone in a mercy killing while she was being sold to Legion slavers.
The Sniper's nest only appears in Fallout: New Vegas.