| ||For the skill in previous Fallout games, see Sneak (skill).|
Become whisper, become shadow. You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking.”— Rank 1 description
|1||AGI 3||Become whisper, become shadow. You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking.||0004c935|
|2||AGI 3, LVL 5||You are now 30% harder to detect while sneaking, and no longer trigger floor-based traps.||000b9882|
|3||AGI 3, LVL 12||You are now 40% harder to detect while sneaking, and no longer trigger enemy mines.||000b9883|
|4||AGI 3, LVL 23||You are now 50% harder to detect while sneaking, and running no longer adversely affects stealth.||000b9884|
|5||AGI 3, LVL 38||Engaging stealth causes distant enemies to lose you.||000b9881|
- Other bonuses that stack with this perk in helping avoid detection are:
- Rank 4 seems to completely eliminate the effect of footsteps on detection odds. If it is active then muffle armor mods are unnecessary and sneaking in power armor becomes much easier.
- The trap avoiding bonuses from ranks 2 and 3 of this perk also work when not sneaking.
- All companions have the effects of 4 ranks of Sneak except Curie who is missing all ranks of Stealth in both forms (robot and synth). Dogmeat has a unique rank 5.
- Sneak works very well with Ninja and other perks that increase the sneak attack bonus multiplier.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The workings of sneaking in general and the associated perk/skill underwent a steady evolution with each new Bethesda RPG. One difference is how the AI reacts to an undetected opponent. In Fallout 3, everyone knew instantly where the player character was as soon as the fight started. In Skyrim, opponents would search for the player character, but be stupid about it and simply run to the location that they saw or heard something. In Fallout 4, opponents take evasive maneuvers, run in unpredictable ways, jump from cover to cover and try to take a detour in order to flank the player character.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.