The exterior looks very similar to any other abandoned business. There is a door out front and a garage door on the same side. The garage is surrounded by fallen trees and bramble. A Mister Gutsy or a sentry bot can sometimes be found outside the garage, near the military checkpoint.
The room opens into a average sized room with a counter on the right side. Behind the counter there is an open safe and a mattress with a skeleton that can be used for sleeping. Through the door near the counter is a switch that allows you to open the trap door that leads to the entrance to Vault 112. Multiple mole rats and radroaches can be found inside.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum can be found behind a bin containing many bent tin cans and empty soda bottles.
- A copy of Tumblers Today inside the open safe behind the counter.
- This location is situated in the middle of a 'Type B' random encounter patrol route.
- An Outcast patrol spawn point is located just south of the military checkpoint north of the garage.
- With the Animal Friend perk, you still need to kill all the mole rats first or they will attack James afterwards.
- This location does not reset, so it can work as both a rudimentary home or a loot stash.
- When leaving Smith Casey's garage, one or two yao guai may appear near the entrance.
Smith Casey's Garage appears only in Fallout 3.
- pc ps3 At the north corner inside the tent at the military checkpoint the left one of the two metal boxes has three metal boxes at the same spot. The different boxes can be accessed from specific angles. [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes upon arriving at Smith Casey's Garage the door will have a clipping issue and you will not be able to enter the garage, this can be fixed by fast traveling to another location and coming back. [verified]
- ps3 Sometimes while in sneak mode, the mole rats under the garage may automatically detect the player, this can happen even when the player's Sneak skill is maxed out at 100. [verified]