Say, yourr antenna don't pick up all the channels do it? Well, I tell you what. Here's a key to that door behind me. There's all kinds of rats back there - even one big one s'posedly. You go through there and kill all the dang rats you can eat. How's that?”— Slim to a low Intelligence character
Slim Picket is the tall and lanky head of the Trappers in Klamath. Lately, he has noticed that the rats around the western part of town have been acting strangely and thinks something is controlling them.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Kill the rat god: Slim says that something in the caves is controlling the rats west of Klamath. He wants it taken out.
- He has a key to the north part of Trapper Town. He also mentions the Highwayman in the old car lot.
- Slim can teach the Chosen One in Outdoorsman skills for $100. (He will not train if already past 28%. The amount gained is based on INx2, so with IN 10 it is 20%, the minimum gain is 7%.)
- Female characters can sleep with him.
Slim Picket appears only in Fallout 2.
Behind the scenesEdit
Slim Picket is possibly a reference to the actor Slim Pickens best known for his role in the movie Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb as B-52 pilot Major T. J. "King" Kong who rides a dropped H-bomb to a certain death, as if the bomb were a rodeo bronco and waving his cowboy hat. The bomb explodes triggering the end of the world.
- Although his Outdoorsman training session is supposed to cost the Chosen One 100 dollars, due to incorrect scripting the Chosen One will instead receive the money. [verified]
- In the unpatched game, money would be neither paid nor received.