| ||For an overview of sledgehammers in Fallout games, see sledgehammer.|
A sledgehammer is used in heavier working conditions, such as industrial areas or for breaking ground.
This is a powerful weapon for low to mid level players, however it has a relatively high weight. It has great reach, but a slow swinging speed. It can be found at some metro stations, and, understandably, industrial sites such as The Pitt.
The sledgehammer can successfully strike about 500 times from full condition before breaking.
- The Tenderizer - A more powerful version of the sledgehammer.
- Fawkes' sledgehammer - A unique, non-playable version used by Fawkes with a marginally higher attack speed.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- One can be found in Megaton, inside Lucas Simms' house. Must be stolen.
- They are typical armaments on melee-outfitted super mutant brutes, and can also be found in use by higher leveled melee-oriented raiders.
- One can be found on a shelf in Herbert "Daring" Dashwood's suite. Note that taking it counts as stealing.
- Caleb Smith can be carrying or using one.
Despite their weight, sledgehammers will float if you drop them in water.