When built and properly powered, a siren can provide a valuable alarm to alert settlers in a settlement. The siren sits dormant until activated. When activated, either by the Sole Survivor or a settler, the siren lets out a loud wail, alerting settlers to danger, and telling them to stop what they're doing and draw their weapons.
- The siren is located under Resources → Miscellaneous.
- The siren needs to be wired to an active generator in order to function, and it draws 1 power from the grid.
- Placing the siren near a manned guard post allows the settler assigned to defense there to quickly raise an alarm during an attack.
- When deactivating a siren, it sometimes cycles through one or more wails before actually quieting down.
- Transmits power when activated making the siren useful for activating traps and closing powered doors during an attack.