| || For the location in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Old World Blues, see The Sink.|
For an actual sink, see Fallout 3 and New Vegas miscellaneous world objects.
You're back! And the brains didn't lobotomize you! Well, not any worse, at least. Hooray!”
Sink is a talking faucet located in The Sink. Like other systems in the Sink, it was disabled shortly after Dr. Mobius left the Think Tank for the Forbidden Zone. Once Sink's personality back-up is recovered from the Magnetohydraulics complex and activated, she is able to provide the Courier with clean drinking water. Through dialog, it becomes clear that Sink is obsessed with cleaning and despises dirty things. Upon further investigation, it appears Sink was supposed to come with a module that would allow it to dispense water into non-organic materials. This module is located at the construction site.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- All My Friends Have Off Switches: Its personality matrix must be retrieved.
- Influencing People: An upgrade holotape must be located and installed.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- When the Courier finishes Old World Blues, Sink attempts to flood Big MT to "clean it."
- Sink, with its basic function, provides the player character with an unlimited source of clean drinking water. With the water production upgrade, it is able to fill empty bottles with water, turning them into bottles of purified water.
The types of empty bottles that can be made into bottles of purified water include:
- Empty Nuka-Cola bottles
- Empty soda bottles
- Empty Sunset Sarsaparilla bottles
- Empty whiskey bottles
- Large whiskey bottles
- Milk bottles
In Hardcore mode, when the Sink's personality matrice is on, drinking from it will reduce Dehydration by 25 per drink. When Hardcore mode is off, it reduces dehydration by 200 per drink. If the Courier also has an eligible container that can be filled and selects the choice to have it filled, the Sink gives the choice of filling the container(s) or drinking. If "drink" is chosen, hydration will be reduced by 200, not 25.
- "You're back! And the brains didn't lobotomize you! Well, not any worse, at least. Hooray!"
- "Oh God, look at you! You're... filthy. I suppose you'll... want to clean up then?"
- "Why, you poor dear! Come over here and have a drink, wash off some of that... horrible, sticky... blood."
- "You can have as much as you like! Just, eh... please don't put your lips on the faucet? It's so unsanitary."
- "Between you and me, I think the Central Intelligence Unit is a bit of a snob."