You can always tell a rookie. You look too eager. Give the job a few hours, and the shine'll come right off.”
Simon has been with the Van Graff family for a couple years and is responsible for guarding the door at the Silver Rush. His duties include weapon checks and turning away drunks and addicts while keeping a very professional, authoritarian attitude. Simon likes to use a laser rifle, because of the superior speed of its projectiles, but Gloria wants at least one guard to use the plasma rifle (since the visual appeal draws in customers), so Simon is equipped with a plasma rifle instead.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Birds of a Feather: If the player wishes to work for the Van Graff family, Gloria's first task for said player will be to aid Simon with checking over potential customers.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Black combat armor||Plasma rifle||Stimpak (75% ch.)
1x - 5x bottle caps (50% ch.)
1x-8x drained microfusion cells (75% ch.)
Van Graff key
- After helping Simon with guarding the door, his speech dialogue will change. He will jokingly pretend to not recognize the player and afterwards let the player in.
- Before Gloria Van Graff tells the player of his name, Simon is simply seen as Van Graff thug.
- If you kill him before being assigned the Birds of a Feather quest, which requires speaking to him, the quest will still be initiated but also not possible to complete.
- Attacking/Killing Simon will cause the other Van Graff thugs from inside the Silver Rush to rush outside and engage the Courier.
- "I'm afraid I'm going to have to search you before letting you in. The only weapons allowed on the premises are the ones we're selling."
- "Other than that, relax. There's usually some eye candy coming and going from the Wrangler over there at some point, so the view's not too bad."
- "You can always tell a rookie. You look too eager. Give the job a few hours, and the shine'll come right off."
Simon appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
xbox360 If a save is done and afterwards Simon attacks the player, caused by the player attacking a civilian in Freeside, a bug may appear in a reload of previous save where Simon still attacks the player without said civilian attack performed. This causes the player to automatically fail the Birds of a Feather quest. [verified]