The Silver Shroud costume consists of a trench coat and matching hat obtainable in Fallout 4 as part of The Silver Shroud side quest. When first obtained from Hubris Comics, the outfit will be named "Silver Shroud costume" and be relatively weak. However, when it is given to Kent Connolly early in the quest, he will hand it back with an upgrade and the outfit will be called "Silver Shroud armor".
After the quest is finished, and if Kent Connolly survives, he will offer upgrades to the trench coat, but they may not be available until certain character levels are reached. Whenever a new upgrade is available, the Silver Shroud Radio channel will become active when the player is around Goodneighbor and Kent will state he has a 'special delivery' for the Silver Shroud.
Note that any time the costume is upgraded it will automatically reach its highest available level, meaning if you choose to wait until level 45 to complete the quest, your costume will be raised to its maximum level upon upgrading.
|Level Acquired||Name||Weight||Dam Resist||Energy Resist||Rad Resist||Effects||Value||Base ID|
|--||Silver Shroud costume||2||0||15||15|| +1 Agility|
|--||Silver Shroud armor||7||42||42||0|| +1 Agility|
|25||Silver Shroud armor||7||57||57||0|| +1 Agility|
|35||Silver Shroud armor||7||70||70||0|| +1 Agility|
|45||Silver Shroud armor||7||87||87||0|| +1 Agility|
- On a mannequin in Hubris Comics on the very top floor.
- A reward for completing The Silver Shroud quest.
- Once fully upgraded, the Silver Shroud costume is second only to the Railroad Heavy Armor MK V in terms of damage resistance, but lags behind in energy resistance. It also weighs far less than the Railroad armor, at 7 instead of 50. This makes the Silver Shroud costume a very usable armor choice even into the late game.
- Any upgrades the player has applied to the costume will be lost when Kent upgrades it, and will need to be recrafted.
- Talking to Kent Connolly when not in possession of the silver shroud costume will result in him telling you to return when you have it.
- Wearing the Silver Shroud costume will unlock unique dialogue with a couple of comic book themed characters, namely the randomly encountered Manta Man and the Mechanist in the Automatron add-on.
- Wearing the Sliver Shroud costume/armor will result in pre-war society's and entity's commenting on it on occasion.
- Wearing the Sliver Shroud costume/armor unlocks unique dialog with several characters in the Nuka-World add-on.
pc ps4 If you complete the quest after reaching level higher than 45, Kent won't offer any upgrades until you reach level 100. On PC, Using console command set MS04ArmorLevel to 45 and returning to Kent can fix this. [verified]