| ||For an overview of 10mm pistol models in the Fallout series of games, see 10mm pistol.|
After the phase out of the N80 in 2051, the N99 sidearm became standard issue military gear. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and did so in many tests, as the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the extreme conditions following the War, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with even the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics. Vault-Tec issued them to vault security units, as seen in Vault 101 where the security is only armed with N99's.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and many units are available for replacement parts.
Most N99s found in the Commonwealth are equipped with short barrels.
An N99 10mm pistol equipped with a suppressor, which allows for silent kills if the target is killed with the first shot. This stealth feature comes at the cost of durability and damage, however a sneak attack always result in a critical hit, so the lower damage can be compensated for, especially with the Better Criticals perk.
Firing the silenced 10mm pistol will not increase your chance to be detected, unless the player has a very low sneak skill. It is therefore useful for killing weaker enemies like radroaches, mole rats, and sometimes even raiders, without drawing attention from other enemies. A high enough Small Guns skill makes it a useful close-quarters weapon in office building type settings, such as the Bethesda ruins and the Museum of History.
A fully-repaired silenced 10mm pistol can fire approximately 333 rounds, the equivalent of 28 reloads, before breaking. This is around 223 rounds fewer than the standard 10mm pistol.
- 10mm pistol - more damaging than the silenced 10mm pistol, this highly common gun is the first (besides the BB gun) that the Lone Wanderer encounters in the game.
- Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol - Carried by Enclave High Commander Augustus Autumn, the Colonel's 10mm pistol is nearly twice as powerful as the regular version.
- Sim version Operation: Anchorage (add-on) - A sim-only version of the weapon which has been re-skinned to appear newer and less worn. It also differs in health, with a whopping 999,150 hit points, essentially preventing the gun from ever degrading, This weapon is not normally accessible outside of the simulation.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- No ammo silenced 10mm pistol - This strange pistol is only obtainable with operation anchorage DLC. This variant degrades but has a bottomless magazine.
- 10mm alloy steel pistol - Another version of the weapon was cut from the Operation Anchorage add-on, it differs from the standard 10mm pistol in appearance only, using the same new skin as the sim only version.
- Sonora Cruz' 10mm pistol - a unique pistol found on Sonora Cruz. It deals a whopping 100 damage, but Sonora always flees from enemies, and never uses her pistol.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio|
|Colonel Autumn's 10mm pistol||13||78||6||x1||13||17||0.8||0.5||12||577||3||325||108.3|
|Silenced 10mm pistol||8||48||6||x2||5||21||0.4||0.5||12||333||3||250||83.3|
- Germantown Police HQ - in the armory on the Ground Floor of the station.
- Megaton - can be purchased from Moira Brown, in Craterside Supply on rare occasions.
- Megaton - can be obtained by killing Mr. Burke before or after he kills Lucas Simms.
- Paradise Falls - on the counter of Lock and Load. Must be stolen, no Karma loss.
- Rivet City - can be purchased from Flak 'N Shrapnel's in the Rivet City Marketplace.
- Tenpenny Tower - can be purchased from Michael Masters, if the ghouls were allowed to live there.
- Vault 108 - in the entrance near some mole rats.
- In Marigold station, down on the tracks, leaning in a cubby hole of a locker, along with a box of 10mm rounds.
- The hotel occupied by the Brotherhood of Steel, next to Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest.
- In the caves under Oasis, after you decide the fate of Harold, head to the door to your right, there is a cave where you can find it. You cannot go back, but you can dive into the nearby water and exit via the underwater door back to Oasis.
- Underwater by a sunken car at the docks near Arefu, along with an ammunition box with 10mm rounds.
- Operation: Anchorage (add-on) A pre-war variant will be given to player at the beginning of the Anchorage Reclamation simulation, and will be removed after you take out the Chinese Artilleries.
- Point Lookout (add-on) Calvert Mansion - in Desmond's armory area, in Point Lookout.
- Point Lookout (add-on) House of Wares - can be purchased from Panada, in Point Lookout.
- Operation: Anchorage (add-on) The no ammo variant can be found on a table along with other cut items in a room next to the one you teleport in by clipping into it after teleporting into the TestPhil_(Operation:_Anchorage) room via console commands
| || |