The silenced .22 pistol is a .22LR round handgun with an integrated silencer/suppressor. Accordingly, it is classified as a silent weapon, and will allow you to attack a target while sneaking without alerting other nearby non-player characters or creatures of your presence. The weapon's usefulness for stealth players is further complimented by its relatively high critical damage of 18, double the weapon's base damage. With the Better Criticals perk, a sneak attack critical from the silenced .22 pistol can cause (9+18*1.5)*2=72 points of damage. Outside of stealth situations, the silenced .22 pistol is lacking, primarily because of its low base damage of 9, making it the second weakest Guns weapon behind the BB gun. This low damage is somewhat offset by the weapon's 3x critical chance multiplier.
The silenced .22 pistol can fire a total of about 495 standard rounds, the equivalent of 31 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
|Standard, HP & plinking||495||31|
- Camp McCarran - located on a table inside one of the tents on the west side of the camp.
- Camp McCarran - located in a locker in the prisoner building where Silus is held prisoner.
- Honest Hearts General Store - can be found on a display counter.
- Goodsprings - can be purchased from Chet or stolen from counter in his store.
- Goodsprings Cemetery - one can be found sometimes in a grave (shovel required).
- Gun Runners - you can occasionally find one or more for sale from Vendortron.
- Primm - inside Vikki and Vance Casino, lying on the floor by the roulette tables in the side room.
- The Strip - across from the Lucky 38 casino, there is a gun salesman who sells holdout weapons, including the silenced .22.
- The Tops presidential suite - two can be found equipped by Benny's bodyguards in the ambush on your character in presidential suite.
- Ultra-Luxe - found on the assassin sent to kill you during the quest Beyond the Beef.
- During the quest, Beyond the Beef, Heck Gunderson will give you one.
- Sometimes sold (up to 3 at a time) by Michelle Kerr at the 188 Trading Post
- Lucky 38 cocktail lounge - located in a locked briefcase.
- The silenced .22 pistol is the only Guns-skill weapon (outside of content from add-ons) which is classified as a normal holdout weapon, allowing you to sneak it into weapon-free areas regardless of your Sneak skill.
- It can be used for the Deathclaw Pro Hunter challenge.
- If this weapon is used to kill a member of a faction in one hit while being undetected will not give you any Karma loss or infamy with that faction. Being detected will turn nearby people of the same faction hostile, and not killing the target in one hit will make the victim hostile, where afterwards killing will give positive/negative Karma and infamy with that faction.