Signal Yankee Bravo is a radio transmission just south of Canterbury Commons, southwest of Robot Repair Center, and north of Corvega Factory, which is activated by a switch on a transformer there. Although identified as "Signal Yankee Bravo", it actually broadcasts the sound of labored, heavy breathing.
Just west-southwest of the tower, at the base of the drop-off, is a sewer grate to a drainage chamber. On entering, the door to the right leads to feral ghouls (and possibly a glowing one at higher levels) hovering around a ham radio, making them responsible for the broadcast. The ghoul sounds can still be heard in the signal even after the ghouls are killed, even if you turn the radio off ("click"), then back on. (You have to select the station on your Pip-Boy again.)
There is also a large hole in the wall to the left from the entrance that leads to a small cavern with several feral ghouls and a glowing one (also depending on your current level). There is nothing of note in this room except a very strongly radioactive junk pile in the far corner.
- A copy of Grognak the Barbarian, on the same metal shelf underneath the ham radio, the signal of the yankee bravo radio broadcast
- If you kill the ghouls standing in front of the radio, the broadcast continues, so a ghoul may have inadvertently recorded itself and triggered the repeat.
- It is possible that these may be survivors from the Great War, and they may have previously used the radio to call for help.
- If you download Broken Steel then the ghoul at the radio may be a feral ghoul reaver depending on your level.
- You may also encounter heavy Enclave resistance when coming from the southwest of the radio tower, there is an outpost there with multiple turrets under a defense system called the Experimental Rho ID chip. The ID is given to an Enclave officer for experimentation on the technology, it allows the grid to ignore his existence thus not firing upon him.
- If you listen very carefully, you can hear somebody whispering "asshole".