| ||For an overview of shotgun models in various games, see Shotgun.|
A Winchester Widowmaker double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun. A short barrel, with mahogany grip.”— In-game description, Fallout
The Winchester Widowmaker shotgun is a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun with a mahogany grip. It also has a sawed-off variant in Fallout 2. It is a common weapon used early in the game. Compared to the sawed-off version, this has a 2-point-lower max damage, and requires both hands, but has doubled range.
- Given to you by Killian Darkwater, with 100 12 gauge shotgun shells, if you choose a weapon as a reward for killing Gizmo.
- Inside a fridge at the Khan Base.
- Carried by Junktown guards.
- Tycho, a Desert Ranger and possible companion, carries one.
- A bookshelf in a back room at the Hall in Necropolis, only accessible by the sewers.
- In a locker in the Vault 13 armory.
- Caleb in the Boneyard carries one.
- Sold by Flick in the Den.
- Carried by Metzger in the Den.
- One in John Cassidy's office in Vault City's courtyard.
Behind the scenesEdit
The shotgun's name, the Winchester Widowmaker, appears to be a reference to the real life Winchester Model 1911 shotgun that was nicknamed "the Widowmaker" due to a safety issue. Unlike the real shotgun, however, the Widowmaker in the games is a double-barrel shotgun instead of single-barreled semi-automatic.