The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Enclosed by some scrap metal fortifications, this location is a hot spot for Raiders. There are at least five leveled raiders and two machine gun turrets to contend with. On arrival, it is possible to get caught in a crossfire between the raiders and some Gunners who also operate fairly close by. There may be a stray super mutant or two near the area as well.
At the back of the taphouse (from the cellar exit) are ramps crossing a chain link fence, and a few paces to the southeast are the docks where Donny Kowalski can be spoken to to initiate the quest Here There Be Monsters.
The tap house opens to a foyer and to the left, further opens to the main bar. Immediately to the left is a cooking station in the corner. To the right is the counter and a shortcut of sorts to the upstairs area. Behind the fallen floor leading upstairs is an Advanced locked safe and a doorway leading into a commissary and storage area. Move on through the main bar to find a hallway and staircase at the back.
The hallway has an Advanced locked door on the left that is trapped with a makeshift bomb. Behind the door is a bathroom containing a chemistry station and a stash of chems and alcohol. Back in the hallway, another bathroom on the right has a busted wall, leading back to the aforementioned commissary. A Novice locked door at the end of the hallway also leads to the commissary via a private room.
The private room has stairwells in the back on the left and right. The right stairs lead back to the second floor, and the left stairs down into the basement area which contains a few Mole rats, an armor workbench, and the pod for Buddy, a specialized brewing Protectron. A stairwell near the terminal leads up from the cellar back to the streets of Boston.
The upstairs area consists of a pool hall and small office. The office contains a green steamer trunk full of leveled loot, as well as a wall of file cabinets and various miscellaneous items.
Altogether, there are roughly five leveled raiders and four leveled mole rats to deal with inside the taphouse.
- Total Hack issue #2 (contains the spotlight override program) - Held by the female mannequin standing on a table by a chessboard, in the room with the Nuka-Cola machine.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On a table in the same room as the copy of Total Hack.
- 2 Nuka Cola Quantum and a Nuka Cherry - On the shelf in the large double-door storage room, in the room behind the bar.
- Gwinnett lager recipe - Hidden in the bar under the collapsed ceiling section. Next to a floor safe (advanced).
- Mini nuke - In a pool table pocket on the second floor.
- Drinkin' Buddy password - A holotape on top of the shelves next to Drinkin' Buddy's container. Next to the red toolbox. In the north corner of the room, look for a flashing red light.
- Shamrock Taphouse key - On the second floor on a desk in the room at the end of the short hallway at the top of the stairs. There is another identical key sitting on a cabinet beneath a solid red wall light, beside Patrick's Terminal in the southern corner of the basement room where Drinkin' Buddy is found. A third key can be found on Buddy.
- Kidnapping - A group of raiders can take up residence in this location after they have kidnapped a settler. The Sole Survivor is required to come here and free the settler.
- Trouble Brewin' - This is where Buddy, the brewing protectron, can be found after being sent by Rufus. Alternatively, finding him and activating him will start the quest.
The Shamrock Taphouse only appears in Fallout 4.