|Quest: Shadow of Steel|
|Listen to Military Frequency AF95.|
|Report to Paladin Danse at Cambridge Police Station.|
|Attend the debriefing.|
|Speak to Lancer-Captain Kells.|
|Attend Elder Maxson's address.|
|Speak to Elder Maxson.|
|Report to Paladin Danse.|
|Reward: 350 XP|
Rank of Knight
Full set of BoS II T-60b power armor
Danse as a companion
|Leads to: Tour of Duty|
After observing a huge Brotherhood of Steel airship pass overhead, the player character's Pip-Boy radio receives a transmission. Listen to it for further instructions before heading to the Cambridge Police Station and following Paladin Danse to the roof.
One is ordered to attend an address being given by Elder Maxson. Speak to Maxson afterwards. Regardless of the earlier rank in the Brotherhood, Maxson now bestows the title of 'Knight' on the Sole Survivor and a new suit of power armor which can be found in Bay 3 of the main deck.
- The player character must complete the Act 1 quest arc of the main quest line for Shadow of Steel to begin. Semper Invicta must also be completed as a part of the Brotherhood of Steel quest chain. Upon leaving Fort Hagen during the Reunions quest the The Prydwen will appear above and signal the start of this quest, otherwise, it may trigger a series of bugs.
- If Dogmeat has been selected as a companion, during Elder Maxson's speech, Dogmeat will do a trick by sitting on his back legs.
- Companions will have different things to say for different dialogue options...
Nick Valentine dialogueEdit
- "It sure as hell ain't gonna be taken as a gesture of good faith from the other forces in the Commonwealth."
- Provoking War
- "No one brings that much firepower without plans to use it." [Valentine liked that.]
- Who is Maxson?
- Valentine will call Maxson a lunatic.
- Quick War
- Valentine will ask "Yeah, for who?" [Valentine disliked that.]
- "Ain't no one in the Commonwealth wondering about your intentions now."
- Provoking War
- "Folks don't usually appreciate having a floating fortress blocking their view."
- Quick War
- "Sure know how to make an entrance, I'll give you that."
- pc If you did not complete Call to Arms before the Prydwen appears after Reunions, this will trigger a glitch where Brotherhood Vertibird patrol teams will not spawn correctly.[verification overdue]
- ps4 If an NPC clips through Paladin Danse while you are reporting to him, the dialogue options may disappear and cannot be pulled back up. When you try to talk to him again, he will only say «I'll be in the mess hall if you need me. Good luck with Maxson» making the quest impossible to complete, and will leave you unable to talk to most of the other Brotherhood of Steel members.[verification overdue]
- If you do not leave via the elevator, Shadow of Steel quest won't trigger. You need to exit through the elevator door. [platforms tag needed][verification overdue]
- pc This quest will show up before Reveille in the completed section of your quest log, even if you received it afterwords.[verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.